View Full Version : Name the skaters you yourself would love to be an alternate for in competititon.

FSWer
08-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Ok people!!! Time to list for me the skaters you would love to be alternates for in competition. For me I'm not sure of the Men. Who it would be I'd be filling in for. But as this is all hyphophedical..my picks would be.....Kimmie Meissner,Emily Hughes, Rachael Flatt, and Ashley Wagner. I'm sure there's some I forgot. Ok......GO!!!

TiggerTooSkates
08-05-2008, 08:07 PM
To be honest, none of them - certainly not at this point...the thought alone makes me nauseated. 8O

blue111moon
08-06-2008, 07:27 AM
I would never want to be an alternate for anyone, because that would mean the skater would have to be sick or injured in order for me to skate. I would never want that to happen.

jazzpants
08-06-2008, 04:49 PM
None... There's no way I can skate well enough to measure up to them. 8O I want to earn my own star, KWIM??? ;)

looplover
08-06-2008, 05:11 PM
I don't think any but it would definitely be nice to co-star in Smuckers Stars on Ice with them!!:mrgreen:

jazzpants
08-07-2008, 12:48 AM
I don't think any but it would definitely be nice to co-star in Smuckers Stars on Ice with them!!:mrgreen:
Well... two years ago I was in a group ensemble at my rink in a benefit show and I got to be backstage with Rudy Galindo, Surya Bonaly, Caryn Kadavy and Rohene Ward too. Does that count? :P

I still say hello to Rudy and Rohene when I see them around (particularly Rudy since he's from the Bay Area and he is a coach at a lot of our local competitions.) :) I have not see Surya or Caryn as of late... (Rudy's a SWEETHEART, BTW!!! :mrgreen: )

looplover
08-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Well... two years ago I was in a group ensemble at my rink in a benefit show and I got to be backstage with Rudy Galindo, Surya Bonaly, Caryn Kadavy and Rohene Ward too. Does that count? :P

I still say hello to Rudy and Rohene when I see them around (particularly Rudy since he's from the Bay Area and he is a coach at a lot of our local competitions.) :) I have not see Surya or Caryn as of late... (Rudy's a SWEETHEART, BTW!!! :mrgreen: )

How cool! I'd say that counts!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::bow: