View Full Version : Matrix Blade System & Guards

katz in boots
08-05-2008, 04:28 AM
(Prompted by the thread about paramounts & guards.)

Matrix blade system is awkward for guards. I do have one piece guards that fit okay, but really don't like them cos they slip off if I press on the heel and click-clack when I walk in them.

The guard dogs and other 2 piece guards don't fit properly, the dip where the nuts go on (matrix owners will know what I'm talking about here) prevent the blade seating into the guard.

Doesn't bother me, though I do wonder whether it might cause damage over time. I'm wondering what other Matrix owners do for guards, whether they modify their guards in any way or wear a certain type of guard?

saras
08-13-2008, 05:37 PM
I have never noticed a problem honestly - I use the two-piece guards and the matrix blades (where the runner comes off and I mail them in for sharpening) and they function just fine.

Skittl1321
08-13-2008, 05:43 PM
My former coach has guard dogs over his matrix blades and doesn't seem to have a problem.

If it makes you feel better- the guard dogs don't fit on my paramounts very well either, dispite the recommendation- you really have to shove them on. But they do work better than the centipede, which wouldn't fit at all.