View Full Version : US Icewear

ibreakhearts66
08-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I just wanted to say what a great company they are. I ordered two dresses from the recently. First, I got an email asking me to call to confirm the color choices (one had two colors, and they wanted to make sure they understood what I wanted). Then, they asked for my measurements, so the dresses were cut specifically for me. The dresses came quickly and are absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I ordered two dresses from their 2007 practice dress line, but they're both fancy enough for competition. I spent a total of 200 dollars, including shipping. I got tons of compliments on the dresses. The company is run by a skating mom, and she was a pleasure to deal with (unlike some other company owners I have dealt with...). Anyways, just wanted to share.

EDIT: Here (http://usicewear.com/) is their website

TiggerTooSkates
08-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks for posting this. I was happy to see that she takes measurements and therefore each dress is semi-custom. I have muscular arms and the long sleeved dresses NEVER fit me as a result, and I love the look of the dresses with the arms. Will definitely check this out!!

mikawendy
08-01-2008, 10:40 PM
I just wanted to say what a great company they are. I ordered two dresses from the recently. First, I got an email asking me to call to confirm the color choices (one had two colors, and they wanted to make sure they understood what I wanted). Then, they asked for my measurements, so the dresses were cut specifically for me. The dresses came quickly and are absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I ordered two dresses from their 2007 practice dress line, but they're both fancy enough for competition. I spent a total of 200 dollars, including shipping. I got tons of compliments on the dresses. The company is run by a skating mom, and she was a pleasure to deal with (unlike some other company owners I have dealt with...). Anyways, just wanted to share.

EDIT: Here (http://usicewear.com/) is their website

Sounds like you had a great experience. Are you willing to post a few pics of you wearing the dresses you got? (OK to crop out your face, or to not post if you prefer for privacy reasons.) I always like to see "real people" and not just the company's models wearing the dresses, to see them "in action" sort of.

ibreakhearts66
08-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Sounds like you had a great experience. Are you willing to post a few pics of you wearing the dresses you got? (OK to crop out your face, or to not post if you prefer for privacy reasons.) I always like to see "real people" and not just the company's models wearing the dresses, to see them "in action" sort of.

Absolutely. I'll take pictures tomorrow. I also have a video with me in one of the dresses. I'm wearing a jacket, but I'll still post that (when I upload it).

FlyAndCrash
08-02-2008, 12:02 AM
I've been looking at those dresses for a while, but I didn't get any. Now, I know where to go the next time I get a dress! :D

coskater64
08-02-2008, 08:42 AM
I have been wearing their dresses for years, they always fit very nicely and are extremely comfortable. Susie the owner is very good and I love all the dresses they make for me. The beautiful pink and aqua dress I am wearing in my youtube videos are from them, just really well made and very comfortable. You can get their dress sans beading and then bead them yourself, I highly recommend them as well.

Black Sheep
08-02-2008, 01:11 PM
You can get their dress sans beading and then bead them yourself, I highly recommend them as well.

That exactly what I do when I buy my dresses from Susie! :D

RachelSk8er
08-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks for posting this. I was happy to see that she takes measurements and therefore each dress is semi-custom. I have muscular arms and the long sleeved dresses NEVER fit me as a result, and I love the look of the dresses with the arms. Will definitely check this out!!

Del will do custom tweaks to her stock dresses, too. She did my synchro dresses with my last two teams and they were perfect (we did have to send this year's back for alterations and ended up without them for one competition and wore last year's but they were perfect once they were fixed). I called when I needed my last freestyle dress, and she cut the sleeves a little looser and made the skirt 2" longer for me. I ordered on like a Monday and the dress was made, shipped and delivered by Friday of that week. I also had good luck with Frieda B...she did my latest dance dress, I had tried on the same style in a different color at a competition and it fit perfectly, but they one they made me in the color/skirt I wanted arrived too big, but I took photos, shipped it back, and they fixed it no problem.