View Full Version : I talked to dd's coach(m)

isakswings
07-29-2008, 12:22 AM
about what she meant by commiting to skating at this point and you guys were right... her expectations at this point are much less then I thought they would be! She is willing to work with me too, which is always a bonus. I have NO idea where this will all end up but I do feel better about all of this(for the moment, anyway!). We could afford what she is suggesting. We'll take this step by step and cross the different bridges as we get to them. Our resources are limited...but between now and then our situation could change or I might discover a new way to raise funds. :-) A lot can happen, so I am going to try to be optimistic about this for now.

My newest adventure involves choosing a club for dd to join(dd is dying to do this!). I'm looking at 2 different clubs. One club her friend belonged to last year and is likely renewing her membership to that club. The rink is about 10 minutes closer to us then the other club's rink and it is the rink dd has taken LTS classes at. She's been in 2 of that club's ice shows and we like the staff(the reception desk and other various workers) at the rink quite a bit. However, I'm not convinced this club is the club to join. Let's call this club, club a and the other club b(FWIW, dd's coach belongs to both clubs, but club b is her home club). I think Club B might be the better choice. It seems more organized then Club A and dd's coach and I talked about adding a second coach who can help us when dd's coach is not available(she's a college senior this year). That coach teaches at Club B's rink. Plus, club b is slightly cheaper then Club A. Not to mention, the off ice training class dd will be taking is also at Club B's rink and is taught by the other coach dd will likely take lessons from when her coach is not available. Anyway.. I'm going to talk to dd's coach tomorrow about each club.