View Full Version : Passed my Bronze Moves!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jskater49
07-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Surprised myself today.

I was the competition and test chair for the Iowa Games today and most of the tests were scheduled after the comp so I scheduled myself at 7:45 this morning and it was singled paneled because not all the judges were here. Everyone felt sorry for me that I "had" to test early in the am but that worked out great for me because by the end of the day I was exhausted and I skate better in the morning anyway. I wrote on the board in the club room "Please let Joelle only think about her test until 8 am this morning!" so I wouldn't be distracted with competition questions and they were really good about it.

I passed .1 pt over on my forward peremiter crossovers - good power and flow. Passed everything (even mohawks!) except my power 3s were .1 under and he wrote "good 3's" the problem was the back crossovers which was no surprise but I did manage to improve them from my critique a few weeks ago.

I'm really quite pleased with myself. I'm not a crappy skater. Crappy skaters don't pass bronze moves!

j

jskater49
07-26-2008, 09:37 PM
It was a good day for DD - her first competition as a coach (other than when she put me on a Adult sectionals last year). Her student got two first places. And she put out two passing dance tests.

j

mikawendy
07-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Congratulations!!! I'm glad your duties this weekend didn't interfere with your testing.

And NO, you are most definitely NOT a crappy skater, but we all knew that already. :)

FlyAndCrash
07-26-2008, 09:57 PM
CONGRATS!!!

Passing tests is also very exciting. Congrats to your DD too for her students accomplishments!

:bow::bow::bow:

Debbie S
07-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Congratulations! :bow:

jazzpants
07-26-2008, 11:18 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, JOELLE!!! WOO HOO!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/musik/a045.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/musik/a040.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/musik/a050.gif

If this doesn't prove that you are NOT a crappy skater, NOTHING will!!! :twisted: (What is your next goal now that you've passed this test, BTW?)

And congrats to your DD for her coaching accomplishments too! :mrgreen: :bow:

BatikatII
07-27-2008, 04:00 AM
:PCongratulations Joelle!

Skittl1321
07-27-2008, 05:54 AM
:bow::bow:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is fantastic!

(And congrats to your daughter as well)

jskater49
07-27-2008, 06:48 AM
[QUOTE=jazzpants;371832][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B]If this doesn't prove that you are NOT a crappy skater, NOTHING will!!! :twisted: (What is your next goal now that you've passed this test, BTW?)

[QUOTE]

Well beside dance and getting to adult nationals in dance...I will start working on silver moves but because that is pretty far away --seeing as I can't really do ANY of the moves in silver and will have to learn to do them, let alone well enough to pass.

I'm thinking of going for standard prelim moves. It will make me work on my crossovers which need work and inside 3 turns which are pretty weak and spirals which I like to do but am not so good at.

Coach who is not up on all the changing adult rules thought you couldn't do both tracks of testing but I'm pretty sure the rule is you can't use one test to qaulify for another but you can follow both - I'm sure there are people here who have done both? I have passed my standard pre-pre

j

patatty
07-27-2008, 06:49 AM
Congratulations!! That's great news, both for you and your daughter!

Bill_S
07-27-2008, 06:57 AM
Congratulations!

Passing those tests is a BIG DEAL! It certainly validates your skating ability.

Feels good to be done with it, too!

On to Silver!

jskater49
07-27-2008, 07:01 AM
Oh I thought this was cool - the judge who did my test judged Michelle Kwan's free skating test!

Yes we had to fly in a referee and an accountant from Los Angeles because we could NOT get anybody to come in. Fortunately they were married and were planning a trip this way anyway.

j

sexyskates
07-27-2008, 07:20 AM
Congratulations!!!!

sk8lady
07-27-2008, 07:25 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

twokidsskatemom
07-27-2008, 08:31 AM
great news!:bow::bow:

looplover
07-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Congratulations!!!!!! Way to go!!!!! :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

phoenix
07-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Congratulations!!

You can absolutely do both test tracks, so Prelim moves next would be a good goal.

Also, just fyi, the standard track does indeed now qualify you for higher tests on the adult side, there are crossover points now, don't remember what they are at the moment. Not important now, but for future reference.

Mrs Redboots
07-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Congratulations!
Jealous, moi? Never.....

I'm so pleased for you - but that probably makes me officially the crappiest skater on the forum! Ah well....

Black Sheep
07-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Congrats 2 U! :bow::bow::bow:

mikawendy
07-27-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm so pleased for you - but that probably makes me officially the crappiest skater on the forum! Ah well....

Hey! There's no such thing as crappy skaters on this forum!!

And jskater49, welcome to the world of 8-step mohawk and back three turn frustration! ;)

looplover
07-27-2008, 02:41 PM
And jskater49, welcome to the world of 8-step mohawk and back three turn frustration! ;)

Heh, exactly...jskater be careful of what you wish for!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Kim to the Max
07-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Congratulations!!!

Have fun working on Silver! I'm sure that you are up to the new challenge!!!

momsk8er
07-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Congrats on the Bronze moves!!! Great work!

techskater
07-27-2008, 03:44 PM
WOOHOO, Joelle!

Terri C
07-27-2008, 04:03 PM
YEE HAW!!!
Congrats, Joelle!!
Why don't you try for the Bronze FS?? I don't want to be the only Bronze rookie around here.

Scarlett
07-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Congratulations!

jskater49
07-27-2008, 08:53 PM
YEE HAW!!!
Congrats, Joelle!!
Why don't you try for the Bronze FS?? I don't want to be the only Bronze rookie around here.

I'm really not so good at free-skating - it's reading how all these people are doing more spins and jumps and I've been skating 10 years and still can't do those things that makes me think I"m a crappy skater. I just don't see this body doing a sit spin.

I only have so much time and money and so far it seems like it is spent better on moves and ice dance. I'm happy doing my little pre-bronze program with a half flip, waltz jump, and two foot spin.

j

jskater49
07-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Congratulations!
Jealous, moi? Never.....

Oh no. I saw your video. You are not a crappy skater!

j

SkaterBird
07-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Congratulations, Joelle! How fantastic! You've worked so hard for this, what a nice result. Of course, you were already a lovely skater (I thought you skated a lovely program at Adult Mids in 2007).

Mimi (who has yet to even ATTEMPT her Pre-Bronze anything yet - the waltz eight and consecutive three turns will be the death of me, I swear!!!)

SkaterBird
07-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Congratulations!
Jealous, moi? Never.....

Um, no, I think that would be MOI . . . I can't even do an inside three turn yet!!! :roll:

jskater49
07-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Um, no, I think that would be MOI . . . I can't even do an inside three turn yet!!! :roll:

Pst...I've forgotten how to do inside 3s. That's one of the reason's I think I need to tackle prelim moves before I go on to Silver. I do my toe loop with an left outside 3 turn, then change feet. Or I should say, my toe waltz.

Although now that I can do mohawks, maybe I should try it with a mohawk.

j

Mrs Redboots
07-28-2008, 07:42 AM

Yes, but you've only just started! Jskater49 and I have been skating for over 10 years....

jskater49
07-28-2008, 08:56 AM
Surprised myself today.

I passed .1 pt over on my forward peremiter crossovers - good power and flow. Passed everything (even mohawks!) except my power 3s were .1 under
j

Actually I was just entering the test scores and noticed he gave me .2 OVER!! So I actually passed .1 OVER!!!!!!!!! And he said I had good extention!!!

(hey I take my kudos where I can!)

j

quarkiki2
07-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Yay! GOod girl!!!

doubletoe
07-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Surprised myself today.

I was the competition and test chair for the Iowa Games today and most of the tests were scheduled after the comp so I scheduled myself at 7:45 this morning and it was singled paneled because not all the judges were here. Everyone felt sorry for me that I "had" to test early in the am but that worked out great for me because by the end of the day I was exhausted and I skate better in the morning anyway. I wrote on the board in the club room "Please let Joelle only think about her test until 8 am this morning!" so I wouldn't be distracted with competition questions and they were really good about it.

I passed .1 pt over on my forward peremiter crossovers - good power and flow. Passed everything (even mohawks!) except my power 3s were .1 under and he wrote "good 3's" the problem was the back crossovers which was no surprise but I did manage to improve them from my critique a few weeks ago.

I'm really quite pleased with myself. I'm not a crappy skater. Crappy skaters don't pass bronze moves!

j

YAY!!!!!! :mrgreen::bow:

dbny
07-28-2008, 03:46 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

Are you going to post video for us on YouTube?

jskater49
07-28-2008, 04:43 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

Are you going to post video for us on YouTube?

Sorry, I don't have any video.

j

happysk8tes
07-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Congratulation Joelle !!!! I'm still on a high from passing the same test last February ! The thrill never leaves.

From Pat, one of the Balloons for Scott people, from way back in the early days of the internet, aka Mainiac aka lupin.

jazzpants
07-29-2008, 01:05 AM
Trust me, I still remember the day I passed Bronze Moves!!! I remember almost crying from realizing that I fought for this test for YEARS and it's FINALLY CONQUERED!!!

Of course, it was also Kinda hard to forget considering that I had a small DITCH towards one end of the rink that was partially filled in and I STILL had to skate thru it!!! One of the judges wrote "good ice coverage" in my notes. D*** straight I EARNED that note on my test forms!!! :twisted: :lol: :P

Thin-Ice
07-29-2008, 04:40 AM
[QUOTE=jazzpants;371832][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B]If this doesn't prove that you are NOT a crappy skater, NOTHING will!!! :twisted: (What is your next goal now that you've passed this test, BTW?)

[QUOTE]

Well beside dance and getting to adult nationals in dance...I will start working on silver moves but because that is pretty far away --seeing as I can't really do ANY of the moves in silver and will have to learn to do them, let alone well enough to pass.

I'm thinking of going for standard prelim moves. It will make me work on my crossovers which need work and inside 3 turns which are pretty weak and spirals which I like to do but am not so good at.

Coach who is not up on all the changing adult rules thought you couldn't do both tracks of testing but I'm pretty sure the rule is you can't use one test to qaulify for another but you can follow both - I'm sure there are people here who have done both? I have passed my standard pre-pre

j

Speaking as a judge, if the judges didn't think you were ready to start working on Silver MIF they would not have passed you on the Bronze Moves. CONGRATULATIONS!!! And yes, I find alternating between Standard track and Adult track helps me feel more comfortable when testing... more chances to test equals more chances to feel at ease (at least for me)! Good luck on your Preliminary AND your Silver Moves practices (and tests, when that time comes). And if it makes you feel any better, it took me 10 years to get up the nerve to focus on Silver MIF long enough to actually pass that test (and I still just squeaked through on my second Silver MIF test). But passing ANY test is an accomplishment, no matter how many attempts or how long it takes.:D