View Full Version : Planned program content sheet Qs

Stormy
07-23-2008, 05:04 PM
So! I am filling out my very first Planned Program Content sheet on USFS and I just want to make sure I do it correctly. If I have a lutz-half loop-salchow, that's a sequence, right? And I'd only put in the lutz and salchow for the two jumps because the half loop's the connector? And I have a sit spin that goes into a pancake position. That's a spin combination because of the change of position, no change of foot?

And lastly, and I know I really should know this, but if I have a loop on it's own, can I also do a lutz-loop-loop combo, or no because then I have 3 loops?

Thanks all!!! :bow:

doubletoe
07-23-2008, 09:43 PM
So! I am filling out my very first Planned Program Content sheet on USFS and I just want to make sure I do it correctly. If I have a lutz-half loop-salchow, that's a sequence, right? And I'd only put in the lutz and salchow for the two jumps because the half loop's the connector? And I have a sit spin that goes into a pancake position. That's a spin combination because of the change of position, no change of foot?

And lastly, and I know I really should know this, but if I have a loop on it's own, can I also do a lutz-loop-loop combo, or no because then I have 3 loops?

Thanks all!!! :bow:

Hi, Stormy! :)
- Yes, a lutz-half loop-salchow is a 1Lz+1S+seq., with the half loop being the connector and the lutz and salchow counting as the listed jumps.
-A sitspin that goes into a pancake is still called as a sitspin because the pancake is a variation of a sitspin. If you want it to be called as a combination spin, I would advise finishing in an upright position for at least 3 revolutions. Also, since they are getting pickier and picker on what they will call a sitspin (now the skating thigh has to be parallel to the ice, at least for IJS), I would recommend staying in the regular sitspin position for at least 2 revolutions before going into the pancake. That way, as long as your regular sit is low enough, you'll get credit for the sit position even if the pancake is too high to count as a sit.
-Speaking of which, you'll also need to make sure none of your spins would have the same IJS code. If you have a sit-upright and a camel-layback in your program, only the first one will count because they are both classified as CoSp (combination spin with change of position but no change of foot).
-No, you cannot do a lutz-loop-loop if you have a loop on its own, since that will put you past the 2 loop limit.

I hope that helps! :)

Stormy
07-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Thank you!!! Good to know about spins having the same code! I didn't have that in my program. I have a camel/back sit, flying camel and the sit/pancake. It's my first IJS comp so I just wanted to take it nice and easy and see what happens.

Black Sheep
07-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Thank you!!! Good to know about spins having the same code! I didn't have that in my program. I have a camel/back sit, flying camel and the sit/pancake. It's my first IJS comp so I just wanted to take it nice and easy and see what happens.

Good luck! Which competition is it? :D

Stormy
07-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks! It's the Cranberry Open on Cape Cod.

RachelSk8er
07-24-2008, 09:01 AM
You'll be awesome :)

doubletoe
07-24-2008, 12:43 PM

Cool! Looks like you have the option to do either a sitspin or a combination spin with no change of foot (i.e., sit-upright), since your other combo spin has a change of foot. Just do what you do best and you will be rewarded for it. :) Have fun in Cape Quad (did I get that pronunciation right? LOL)!