View Full Version : list of upcoming test sessions on USFS site?

phoenix
07-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Anybody know how to find it on that horrid maze of a web site? I've looked & looked, & I give up! Help?

Terri C
07-20-2008, 06:45 AM
On the top of the website, there are different options listed. You want to click on "Clubs." That will take you to the Clubs page and have another pathway that will take you to the "Test Sessions Calendar"

Thin-Ice
07-21-2008, 02:58 AM
Just so know, that list does not include all the test sessions. The information comes from Test Chairs who send in the information if they have time. It's probably one of their lowest priorities, way down the list from making sure there's ice for the test session, finding judges, getting applications and checks from test applicants and scheduling skaters.

I usually find it easier to directly contact test chairs for clubs in the vicinity where I want to test/trial judge. Nearly all of them have email addresses listed in the directory that comes with your rulebook every year.

coskater64
07-21-2008, 07:09 PM
You might want to see if there is a regional organization for skating. In Colorado we have Mile-High FSA which is a group of 5 clubs and lists all their test sessions on their site. I also check clubs and contact test chairs who are listed in the directories you get when you buy a rule book. I find that very helpful.

:D

Thin-Ice
07-22-2008, 02:20 AM
You might want to see if there is a regional organization for skating. In Colorado we have Mile-High FSA which is a group of 5 clubs and lists all their test sessions on their site. I also check clubs and contact test chairs who are listed in the directories you get when you buy a rule book. I find that very helpful.:D

The regional organizations are also listed in the directory you receive with your rulebook. Ours is the Central California Interclub Association... and we have someone we call a "Judges Bureau" coordinator who helps hook up test chairs with judges and publishes at least once a month all the tests in our area. The amazing thing is she USED to live here.. but she moved to Michigan.. and still does all the work for CCIA! We adore and appreciate her because 1) she's so nice and 2) she's so helpful!

Mel On Ice
07-22-2008, 10:19 AM
I don't even bother, I use Don Korte's site: www.sk8stuff.com