View Full Version : zuca bags

froggy
07-18-2008, 05:24 PM
i recently bought a pricey wheeling bag for my ice skate and gear (my old economicaly prices wheely literally came apart one day, the handle cracked and the wheel broke off!), which I now realize was a big mistake considering its small wheels. The wheels and back of the bag are already all scratched and nicked, and the cloth in the back is starting to shread. I bang my bag up pretty bad since I drag it in/out of the trunk and up/down steps. Do the zuca bags really live up to what they say? Is there a lot of room in it for things like clothing etc (besides the skates of course!). Do they withhold a lot of wear and tear??

your feedback is appreciated

manleywoman
07-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Lots of room for extra clothes? No. But then I don't need to bring tons with me. I love my Zuca bag, because it's easy to carry and roll, I can sit on it in a crowded locker room, and the extra mesh pockets let my gloves and bungas air out. It's great for me. And I love that you only need to replace the bag part, since the outside casing is metal.

ibreakhearts66
07-18-2008, 06:20 PM
I don't have one, but the majority of the skaters at my rink use them. I do kind of want one though. However, for the price, I would suggest going to Ross , Marshalls, or some other place like that and looking for a Kipling bag (or even another good suitcase). Right now, I just use my old club soccer team's backpack and it's HUGE, but that's because I take the bus and walk and don't want to wheel something around. I used to use a suitcase from Ross and it worked beautifully.

Zac911
07-18-2008, 06:25 PM
i rep Zuca and i have seen how the Zuca Bags protect their contents even in car crashes. some people even use them as a pet carrier. they are quite durable and functional as well. i don't think you will be disappointed at all. everything you see on that bag has a purpose and a function. if you buy a bag anywhere else you will pay too much and it won't be nearly as functional or well thought out as your Zuca!

sk8lady
07-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Here's what I usually take in my Zuca:

skates
PSA terry bag with guards in it
lululemon jacket
lululemon pants
bauer travel jacket
spare pair of tights
2 dance cds
1 pr extra gloves
neoprene "boot gloves"

That's what's INSIDE the bag. In the INNER pockets I have the following:
sewing kit
passes for various rinks
headbands
ipod with 2 spare pairs of earbuds
USFS test book with dances
small notebook for note-taking following lessons
assorted pens

In the OUTER pockets I have the following:

jump rope
1 1/2 pairs of gloves
1 1/2 pairs of knee tights
1 1/2 mini packs of kleenex (I'm detecting a pattern here...)

In the OTHER outer pocket:

a single glove (why?)
two mismatched knee tights
a chamois
an insole (again, why?)
a plastic bag with a contraption that lets me remotely control my ipod
a written copy of my program with footwork
a weird ipod strap that was supposed to strap on my arm but was made for Paul Bunyan, apparently

In the dead of winter, I usually have a wool hat, a Spyder fleece turtleneck, my Basic Skills instructor's book, and more CDs in the bag somewhere as well.

Of course, this bag is bulging all over, has several holes in it, and no teenaged girl would be caught dead even SITTING near it, but it's amazing what you can cram in there when you need to!

Scarlett
07-18-2008, 07:13 PM
I have a ZUCA bag as well and I was really hesitant about spending so much on a bag but I kept destroying my skate bags. I give my ZUCA a pretty good pounding and it still holding strong. I especially love the wheels (not the flashiness) but the way that the bag really doesn't tip over when you take a curb at a sharp angle. They aren't the roomiest of bags and are a little heavy but I wouldn't part with mine for the world.

fsk8r
07-19-2008, 12:24 AM
I do like my zuca and having bought it in the states and flown it back to britain i'll agree the frame is a robust way of protecting the contents.
My only gripe (and to me it's a big gripe) is that the back seam started to develop holes within one month of buying it. When I complained to Zuca they said that this is obviously my fault and that they'd do nothing about it. (If I had bought it in Britain they would be obliged to fix it as under the sale of goods act it's not fit for the purpose it's sold. But I didn't and learning State law on these things to fight it from the other side of the Atlantic I let it drop).
However since the holes developed it's not got much worse and it's holding up.
It steers infinitely better than any of the suitcase type bags people use over here and lots of people would like one because of that (but it's really expensive to buy one in the UK). And I like the seat on it as I've needed it several times in changing rooms.
So all in all after just under a year, I want to new bag for my frame because of the holes (I a ripped a hole in the side mesh the other week - ooops) but I've got to work out an economic way of getting one.

Anyone know if they sell them in Allentown, PA as that's my next visit to the US.

luckeylasvegas
07-19-2008, 01:09 AM
The thing that convinced me to buy one for my DD is that you can change the bag out as often as you need to and they are only about $25.00. The frame is very well made and it's great to have that seat handy. DD got hers 2 years ago this Christmas and it still looks great! She would have gone through 2 reguular suit case bags in that amount of time to the tune of $30 -$50 so I think the cost will eventually catch up with the savings:yum:.

Skittl1321
07-19-2008, 04:43 AM
The zuca bags are incredibly popular at our rink. I think they are a teeny bit on the small side, but maybe it's a good thing to not encourage you to have quite so much junk in your bag?

The only thing putting me off from getting one is that I occasionally bike to the rink, and it wouldn't work for that, so I stick with my backpack for now.

jenlyon60
07-19-2008, 05:55 AM
Anyone know if they sell them in Allentown, PA as that's my next visit to the US.

If not in Allentown, then probably in Bethlehem, which is almost right next door.

Here is a link to a rink in Bethlehem

http://www.steelicecenter.com/

sk8_mom
07-19-2008, 06:36 AM
DD has had one for almost 3 years now. Before the Zuca, she never got more than a year out of any other bag, and we tried lots (both cheap and high end, the one by Jerry's was the absolute worst).

We've replaced the inner bag twice, but only because she wanted a color change.

With our Canadian winters full of snow and ice (and lots of salt everywhere), its really nice to be able to take the inner part out and give it a wash.

DD likes to bring her own food to the rink so we got one of the cooler bags to fit on top, and its great too.

On the down side, it is a bit small. I hear they were originally sized to fit into a US school locker (Zuca rep - is this true?). I see they just came out with an airline sized version. Maybe skaters should start asking ZUCA for a skater sized bag?

NCSkater02
07-19-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm able to fit a pair of figure and a pair of hockey skates in mine. Admittedly, it's a bit tight and I have to hang the helmet on the outside, but I can also squeeze some soft goods in, too.

I didn't realize the thing had flashing wheels until I got home with it. My 90+ pound rottweiler is afraid of them.

No problems with tearing. My only complaint is that the velcro sticky back doesn't stay attached to the frame. I'm thinking about super-glueing it.

sk8lady
07-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Until I got my coaching bag, I used the Zuca on days I was coaching hockey--I got my helmet, hockey gloves, and hockey skates inside the bag with a little work.
When they saw the flashing lights all my little girl players wanted one too! Had to explain that I could not fit the full gear into the bag--I'm pretty good at squeezing things in but the shoulder pads just won't go!!

Skating Jessica
07-19-2008, 12:26 PM
I just bought one and so far I love it! :D

There's not a ton of room for clothes, but my bag holds...
On the inside:
- skates
- 2 pairs of guards (or soakers, whichever I'm not using at the moment)
- bunga pads
- thermal boot covers (for coaching)
- a small pouch for extra screws, screwdriver, laces, etc.

Outside pockets (both sides):
- gloves
- towel
- CD case
- rulebook
- markers (for coaching)
- first aid kit
- Kleenex

Pros:
Overall, my Zuca bag extremely light and easy to lift into the trunk of my car, holds all my necessities easily without me having to jam them inside, and wheels smoothly and silently over the curbs/sidewalks, etc. Although I haven't had it longer than two weeks, there's no nicks, snags or tears on the bag, which can be replaced if it would tear or get damaged (and you don't need to purchase another carrier). Finally, for purely aesthetic purposes, there are so many different color combinations to choose from and the lining of the bag was easy to embroider. Mine has name on the front outside under the strap buckle, which makes it easy to tell mine apart from the hundreds of others at my rink.

Cons:
I do wish it was slightly bigger because I had to strategicallly place my belongings into it, but it does minimize me carrying around unnecessary junk/clothes that tend to pile up in my old bag. Like others have mentioned, the velcro sticky in the back top of the bag sometimes falls in, but that's a very minimal problem that can be fixed easily (superglue, adjust the velcro, loosen the front buckle strap, etc.). The bag can be a bit pricey, but it it continues to hold up as well as it currently is, a Zuca is definitely a worthwhile investment!

fsk8r
07-19-2008, 12:43 PM
If not in Allentown, then probably in Bethlehem, which is almost right next door.

Here is a link to a rink in Bethlehem

http://www.steelicecenter.com/

Thanks for that. I was wondering where the local rink was. Doesn't look like it's worth bringing the skates though for my week's trip as there's no public ice in the evening and probably no patch ice either. But I might go hunting for some new skating tights and a zuca bag if I can find out if the pro shop is open late.
I'd love to go to the GK outlet in Reading but they close before I get out of the office and I'm never going to do that drive and find a strange shop in a strange town in time even if I did escape earlier.

Kim to the Max
07-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks for that. I was wondering where the local rink was. Doesn't look like it's worth bringing the skates though for my week's trip as there's no public ice in the evening and probably no patch ice either. But I might go hunting for some new skating tights and a zuca bag if I can find out if the pro shop is open late.
I'd love to go to the GK outlet in Reading but they close before I get out of the office and I'm never going to do that drive and find a strange shop in a strange town in time even if I did escape earlier.

There is also a rink in Whitehall, which is right in that same area...that is where I skated a few times when I did an internship in Allentown...it's "The Rink at Lehigh Valley" http://www.lehighvalleyicearena.com/

AgnesNitt
07-19-2008, 07:39 PM
When I realized one day that not one single person at the rink--not the kids going to ISI worlds rec team competition next week--not the freakishly dedicated ice dancers--not even the adults working on advanced MITF--not even one of the coaches had a ZUCA bag. Thirty miles north of here even the 6 year olds who'll drop skating when they get bored with it have Zuca bags.

The Big Guy considered getting a zuca bag, but his boots are so big he can just get one in, but not both.:o:o

Skate@Delaware
07-19-2008, 08:10 PM
I LOVE my Zuca! I was the first one at my rink to get one (the all-pink one) and I've trimmed it in reflective tape (we have to cross a busy street in the dark).

I've also topped it with a VERY nice cushion from Ace Hardware (shameless plug, but I haven't seen them anywhere else) it's a cushion made for gardening and it has a hole/handle that barely fits over the Zuca handle....but it's a squishy seat for my behind and works wonderfully since it's square!

I'm going to get another insert, probably the white one that you can write on....

and if you tip it on it's back, you can really cram more stuff into it!!! I fit my skates, son's hockey skates, two jackets, my skating clothes, plus had all the stuff in the pockets!!! It looked like a pregnant box but the zippers held!

aussieskater
07-20-2008, 08:05 AM
.....It looked like a pregnant box.....

LOLOL!! :D:D

TiggerTooSkates
07-20-2008, 10:09 AM
I broke down and bought a Zuca and I can't imagine skating without it. If you're careful with how you fold things you can REALLY fill this thing up. I've folded clothes up flat, placed them flat in a pillowcase to protect them, and put them underneath my skates with the soakers on. Works great.

Plus I love love love all the little pockets - although I have this habit of forgetting just where I put stuff!

doubletoe
07-20-2008, 11:55 AM
I do like my zuca and having bought it in the states and flown it back to britain i'll agree the frame is a robust way of protecting the contents.
My only gripe (and to me it's a big gripe) is that the back seam started to develop holes within one month of buying it. When I complained to Zuca they said that this is obviously my fault and that they'd do nothing about it. (If I had bought it in Britain they would be obliged to fix it as under the sale of goods act it's not fit for the purpose it's sold. But I didn't and learning State law on these things to fight it from the other side of the Atlantic I let it drop).
However since the holes developed it's not got much worse and it's holding up.
It steers infinitely better than any of the suitcase type bags people use over here and lots of people would like one because of that (but it's really expensive to buy one in the UK). And I like the seat on it as I've needed it several times in changing rooms.
So all in all after just under a year, I want to new bag for my frame because of the holes (I a ripped a hole in the side mesh the other week - ooops) but I've got to work out an economic way of getting one.

If you know where you will be staying on your visit, you can always order a Zuca insert bag online and have it shipped to your hotel. Here are a few places online you can order them:

http://www.rainbosports.com/shop/site/department.cfm/id/67497B2C-D610-7E99-D4092F547F30758E

http://www.skatingbag.com/index.php?cPath=4&osCsid=1f9e9af8fe2378c969ea7b69a255573e

http://www.skateforless.net/home.php?cat=264

http://www.sharperedgeskates.com/zuinon.html

RinkRat321
07-20-2008, 11:57 AM
my friend quit ice skating and is giving me his today! :D im excited to try it out.

isakswings
07-21-2008, 07:00 AM
Do the zuca bags really live up to what they say? Is there a lot of room in it for things like clothing etc (besides the skates of course!). Do they withhold a lot of wear and tear??

your feedback is appreciated

Yes, I think the Zuca bags live up to their rep. My daughter LOVES hers. Her friend has had hers for 6 months and it has held up very well so far. My daughter hasn't had hers long(2 months?), so I can't say much about duability yet, but so far it does seem to be a great bag.

As far as holding a lot of clothes, no, it won't do that. It hold my daughter's skates, mulitple pairs of gloves, skate guards, soakers, a notebook(spiral), tights, has held leggings and a sweatshirt(keep in mind dd is 10 and wears a size 8 in girls... lol!). I THINK she might have put a change of clothing in there once, but like I said, she is small so her clothes fit better then mine would! LOL. Anyway... over all, I do think they are worth the price. Good luck deciding!

isakswings
07-21-2008, 07:06 AM
No problems with tearing. My only complaint is that the velcro sticky back doesn't stay attached to the frame. I'm thinking about super-glueing it.

YUP! That seems to be a common problem! Almost all the bags I see have that problem. Let me know if the glue works!

isakswings
07-21-2008, 07:12 AM
my friend quit ice skating and is giving me his today! :D im excited to try it out.

ENJOY it! I currently use a cheap 10.00 rolling pilot case for my skate bag! Dd's Zuca is SOOOO much nicer then my cheap little bag but I cannot justify buying myself a Zuca bag. LOL!

Mainemom
07-21-2008, 07:49 AM
DD loves her bag (she has the cow print and has named her "Bessie") but I think they work best for people with smallish feet. DD has been cursed with my mongo feet and her skates barely fit in the bag, no matter what angle she puts them at! That said, having a seat with you where ever you go has been worth the price of the bag as it seems that at test sessions and competitions there is NEVER enough room for the kids to sit. This way she never has to worry about sitting at the opposite end from her friends - they all gather around in a pile with their Zuca bags. And I did make her pay for some of it herself as I think it is expensive, but she did need a new bag after going up a size and a half in her new skates, poor kid, and not having a prayer of fitting these clodhoppers into the bag she had since she started skating.

jwrnsktr
07-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Love the bag and it's holding up well for me. I also drag it in and out of the car, the gym, etc., with no probs. One thing I do differently, however, is to put my skates in the mesh pockets on the outside of the bag and everything else on the inside. This allows the skates to dry without having to take them out of the bag and leaves me plenty of room on the inside for all of the other junk I'm lugging around. Just be careful not to snag the mesh with the hooks on the skates........

quarkiki2
07-21-2008, 08:52 AM
I got one for my birthday frm DH. LOVE IT!

I generally don't carry much clothing, but my skates and DS's bike hemlet (for his skating lessons) fit in there nicely. Plus gloves, CDs, blade guards and some other stuff.

I'm one who really can't load up the pockets and I'll totally forget what's in there, LOL! Just know that about myself, so I only pack what I need for that particular trip to the rink.

Mine is the "Storm" insert, which is an iridescent blue.

froggy
07-21-2008, 04:02 PM
thanks e/o for all the feedback! are there any stores in nyc or long island that carry zuca bags? (I know of plenty of online stores). who has the best selection??
thanks!

isakswings
07-21-2008, 11:42 PM
thanks e/o for all the feedback! are there any stores in nyc or long island that carry zuca bags? (I know of plenty of online stores). who has the best selection??
thanks!

I don't personally know of any store in NYC that carry them(I live in UT... lol), but if you go to the Zuca website you can do a search and call the stores to see what they carry.

I did do a search on their site, but I don't know if it will show the results or not. If the link does not show the results, you can do your own search. :-)

http://www.zuca.com/locator/results_list.php?statename=New+York&state=NY&statesearch=Go

Angie

katz in boots
07-22-2008, 04:11 AM
I have looked at Zuca bags online, and wondered what the fuss is about.
Up to now I have had the Transpack Large bag, and it has done pretty well. I love the mesh skate pockets at the side, which fit my clodhoppers. DD has the smaller Transpack, which fits all her stuff just fine.

I have replaced my Transpack recently with a wheely duffle bag, and am glad I did. Can't say that it holds any more, but it does make everything visible with the top open. And being able to wheel it from the car park into the rink is wonderful. Given that this bag wasn't an expensive one, I don't expect it to last forever, but I am sold.

One thing I want to ask about Zucas, it looks to me like yourr skates sit in the bag with everything else rather than separate pockets, and that you'd have to unpack everything to get at stuff on the bottom, am I right?

Guess that's fine if you just need to grab a couple of things to take rinkside with you once you're changed. Me, my bag is there on the bench over the barrier, I can just reach over to grab my ipod, tissues, drink bottle etc. (we don't have a change room or lockers that would hold a bag.)

Don't y'all find having to take everything out of the Zuca bag annoying? Or having to have your skates in with everything else? Just curious...

sk8lady
07-22-2008, 03:32 PM
I don't find that there's much in the bag that winds up underneath the skates that I have to take out BEFORE I remove the skates--everything else is in a pouch somewhere. I'm usually taking tissues, water, the USFS test book and my lesson notebook out with me to the boards and those are all in side pockets somewhere.
Zuca actually now also offers a stuff bag which attaches to the top so you can keep extra stuff in it. I just ordered one.

momsk8er
07-22-2008, 08:02 PM
I don't know if they fixed this in later models, but in my DD's zuca the bag has come unattached from the frame on top, and collapses in on everything. This is very annoying, and doesn't seem to be too fixable. She has had the bag a little over a year. I also feel that the bag is too small. The skate guards are always wet when you take them off, and there is noplace to put them so they don't get something else, usually the skates, wet. YMMV but we wouldn't get one again.

okay, its cute, and DD loves the flashy wheels.

TiggerTooSkates
07-23-2008, 11:46 AM
I don't know if they fixed this in later models, but in my DD's zuca the bag has come unattached from the frame on top, and collapses in on everything. This is very annoying, and doesn't seem to be too fixable. She has had the bag a little over a year. I also feel that the bag is too small. The skate guards are always wet when you take them off, and there is noplace to put them so they don't get something else, usually the skates, wet. YMMV but we wouldn't get one again.

okay, its cute, and DD loves the flashy wheels.

Go to Home Depot/craft store/Walmart or similar and get some of the self-sticking velcro patches or the strips of the velcro tape - the heavy-duty kind. Stick one to the bag and then crazy glue the other one to the bag frame. That should fix it.

I carry my skate guards in the outside mesh pouch. I've also stuck them in a giant gallon ziplock bag and stuck them in the outside zip pouch with the zipper open.

TiggerTooSkates
07-23-2008, 11:46 AM
I don't find that there's much in the bag that winds up underneath the skates that I have to take out BEFORE I remove the skates--everything else is in a pouch somewhere. I'm usually taking tissues, water, the USFS test book and my lesson notebook out with me to the boards and those are all in side pockets somewhere.
Zuca actually now also offers a stuff bag which attaches to the top so you can keep extra stuff in it. I just ordered one.

GOTTA GET THE STUFF BAG!! Awesome suggestion. Forgot they started making those!

Mel On Ice
07-23-2008, 05:55 PM
I have a rolling duffel I got at WalMart for $20 2 years ago and it holds everything and more and I love it.

sk8lady
07-23-2008, 06:17 PM
The skate guards are always wet when you take them off, and there is noplace to put them so they don't get something else, usually the skates, wet.

At the PSA conference they gave out terrycloth bags, slightly longer than skate guards, with a pull closure. I use it to dry off my blades and then carry the guards in them. It would not be at all difficult to make them--I'm surprised I haven't seen them sold anywhere before.

RachelSk8er
07-23-2008, 06:33 PM
I use a small heavy duty rolling suitcase. It has a bunch of compartments for guards, screwdrivers, laces, tape, tights, CDs, rulebook, practice clothes, my mondor jacket, work clothes and shoes for days I'm skating before work, etc. It also could fit 2 pair of skates if I ever went back to switching for dance and free. Yet it's small enough to fit on a plane or at the very least, gate check when I travel.

techskater
07-24-2008, 05:15 PM
I have a rolling duffel I got at WalMart for $20 2 years ago and it holds everything and more and I love it.

I had a rolling bag I got for my 5 year anniversary at a previous employer that gave out after 3 years and I did the same as Mel - a rolling bag from Wal Mart for ~ $20 that I also use to pack in for ANs. I love it!

GordonSk8erBoi
07-24-2008, 07:04 PM
I've thought about getting one but I didn't think it was likely I could safely sit on it (I'm 230 lbs). Plus I now am schlepping two pairs of skates around (FS and patch) so I have those in separate bags from my skating bag. The skate bag stays in the car all the time, the skates come in with me so they can air out and aren't in a hot car.

Schmeck
07-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Around here (NE Massachusetts, SE New Hampshire) no one over the age of 12 would be caught dead with a Zuca bag, LOL! Isn't it funny how things are so different in different regions?

My 17 year old daughter has a Riedell skate bag that has lasted for quite a few years, and she loves how the front zips on a diagonal so the skates are easy to get in and out.

sk8tmum
07-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Around here (NE Massachusetts, SE New Hampshire) no one over the age of 12 would be caught dead with a Zuca bag, LOL! Isn't it funny how things are so different in different regions?

My 17 year old daughter has a Riedell skate bag that has lasted for quite a few years, and she loves how the front zips on a diagonal so the skates are easy to get in and out.

Here too. Zuca are considered to be "so LAST YEAR" because everyone started buying them, and the novelty factor wore off. And, like you said, for the "little kids". The serious skaters don't use them; they use, duffel bags. UnderArmour becoming increasingly popular, and of course, LuLuLemon. But, for a while, the pressure on parents to buy them, and the fancier the better, was really heavy: and parents who kvetched about paying more than $100 for a pair of skates would pay for a Zuca, to the tune of $149 or more! couldn't figure that one out ...

lookin in
07-24-2008, 10:21 PM
My bag was great BUT...make sure you check the screws on the bottom plate at the front and sides. Besides my self, there are 4 other people in my club who have lost the screws. The plate will break off at the front corners. Yes they are guaranted but apparently if the screws become loose and it breaks it is your responsibility. (no replacement or refund) The bags on the sides tear easily too!!

fsk8r
07-25-2008, 03:34 AM
My bag was great BUT...make sure you check the screws on the bottom plate at the front and sides. Besides my self, there are 4 other people in my club who have lost the screws. The plate will break off at the front corners. Yes they are guaranted but apparently if the screws become loose and it breaks it is your responsibility. (no replacement or refund) The bags on the sides tear easily too!!

That's a really interesting guarantee given that they wouldn't cover the fact that the back of my bag developed holes at the seam within a month saying that it's my responsibility for not using it properly (it's a bag I put stuff in it, isn't that what it's designed for?!).
I wonder if all companies have such a cavalier attitude to customer service?

I'm still trying to work out what the ideal skating bag would be, as they never have enough space, and I hated my old one when I carried it on my shoulder it used to dig in. It would also help if I didn't skate at a rink which was down two flights of stairs. Lugging things up and down the stairs is a right hassle as the lifts are too slow.

Mrs Redboots
07-25-2008, 03:56 AM
I'm still trying to work out what the ideal skating bag would be, as they never have enough space, and I hated my old one when I carried it on my shoulder it used to dig in. It would also help if I didn't skate at a rink which was down two flights of stairs. Lugging things up and down the stairs is a right hassle as the lifts are too slow.

I bought a footy rucksack from Argos, which was great - plenty of room for skates, change of clothes, etc, and an outside pocket for water. Was great for carting skates around when I used public transport. These days I have a large laptop-type bag that I bought when Arding & Hobbs closed down; it's less roomy, but very light, and usually I can manage without another bag. But it's getting a bit ancient now. Husband's has died, and he has a bag we bought in a random luggage shop in central London which can be pulled or carried, but he's very sore on bags and it's already getting tatty.

RachelSk8er
07-25-2008, 08:19 AM

Ha ha same here. And the more rhinestones glued on and keychains hanging off the zippers, the cooler you are.

It was pretty funny, at a synchro competition last year, I got stuck going down a very crowded hallway alongside some prelim or juvenile team from somewhere, they had their skates on but were also moving skate bags (I think they had been in the wrong locker room). Every single one of them not only had the Zuca with light-up wheels, they also had the flashing light skate guards. I felt like I was at a dance club.

fsk8r
07-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Ha ha same here. And the more rhinestones glued on and keychains hanging off the zippers, the cooler you are.

It was pretty funny, at a synchro competition last year, I got stuck going down a very crowded hallway alongside some prelim or juvenile team from somewhere, they had their skates on but were also moving skate bags (I think they had been in the wrong locker room). Every single one of them not only had the Zuca with light-up wheels, they also had the flashing light skate guards. I felt like I was at a dance club.

I want those strap on wheelie shoe things with the flashing lights. We've an enormous long slope that the kids wheelie down leaving the rink. And I think it would be quite "cool" as a big person to go out with flashing lights on my feet and the flashing bag behind. It only works because there are only two of us at the rink who have flashing wheels on our skate bags. Once zuca's become common in the UK I'll have to find another skate bag.

isakswings
07-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Go to Home Depot/craft store/Walmart or similar and get some of the self-sticking velcro patches or the strips of the velcro tape - the heavy-duty kind. Stick one to the bag and then crazy glue the other one to the bag frame. That should fix it.

I carry my skate guards in the outside mesh pouch. I've also stuck them in a giant gallon ziplock bag and stuck them in the outside zip pouch with the zipper open.

Ditto.. dd's guards are in the mesh pockets on the side...