View Full Version : US Rulebooks for coaches

phoenix
07-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Okay, so the new registration fee gets you a new rulebook too---will those automatically get sent out now? Anybody have theirs yet?

Isk8NYC
07-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Nope, neither of mine have come yet.

Someone told me that my Club distributed the CD/ROM version in prior years, so I'm very happy if history repeats itself!

As for the paper one the coaches will be receiving, haven't seen it yet.
Hope we get a window sticker or something for the extra $40.

Skittl1321
07-18-2008, 12:13 PM
This post leads me to believe they are not availble yet:
http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=41645

(I really like how it says they ship mid to late September, but rules take effect Sept. 1. That's helpful.)

phoenix
07-18-2008, 12:42 PM
So do you think they'll automatically send it , or should we order it but indicate that the payment is covered through the coaches registration? I don't remember seeing anything specific about that.

And :rolleyes: at the timing, though I think that's fairly typical. I'm in the graphic design/print business, and it shouldn't take that long to put out a document which a) for the most part stays the same from year to year, and b) when they already know all the rule changes in May, so they could have been working on it since then. Ridiculous that we don't have the rulebook when competitions are already going on & all the programs are already being set. Makes our job that much harder!

Isk8NYC
07-18-2008, 03:55 PM
I think it will be automatic; that's the way my former individual policy was handled. HOWEVER, there were a few years where I had to call for my copy because there was a screwup with the mailing lists.

jskater49
07-18-2008, 04:33 PM
This post leads me to believe they are not availble yet:
http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=41645

(I really like how it says they ship mid to late September, but rules take effect Sept. 1. That's helpful.)

Yea when I applied for a sanction for our competition in October she told me to wait till the new rulebook comes out. Um....we need to get the announcement out now....

She did tell me I could just take off the rule numbers and apply resubmit it...

j

jenlyon60
07-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Well, the USFS webpage says that rulebooks purchased via online or the paper form won't be shipped until mid-September. That's about when I remember getting my copy (that I get as a judge) last year.

blue111moon
07-19-2008, 09:31 AM
They ship the Rulebooks to the officials first, then the bulk orders to clubs that have ordered them, then the individual orders last. I don't know where they'll fit the coaches into the schedule.

I haven't gotten mine so I expect they haven't started shipping yet.