View Full Version : Dance Music CDs from USFSA question

Skittl1321
07-14-2008, 08:35 AM
USFSA offers two dance CDs, the descriptions on their website are:

ICE DANCE CD - COMPULSORY DANCE LOW LEVEL
Low level, compulsory dance music with 8-bar introductions. Dutch Waltz, Canasta Tango, Rhythm Blues, Swing Dance, Cha Cha, Fiesta Tango, Hickory Hoedown, Willow Waltz, Ten-Fox

-and-

ICE DANCE MUSIC - TEST CD
Ice Dance Music - 31 Dances for testing sessions

Can anyone tell me what the difference between these are? I get that the test CD has all the dances, and the low level just the low level ones- but since they cost the same, is there a reason someone would want to buy just the low level dances?

Clarice
07-14-2008, 10:38 AM
I bought both for my daughter. They're at the rink, so I can't check directly, but I believe the low-level one gave more than one music option for each dance.

Skittl1321
07-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Thank you!

sk8lady
07-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Can anyone tell me what the difference between these are? I get that the test CD has all the dances, and the low level just the low level ones- but since they cost the same, is there a reason someone would want to buy just the low level dances?

The low level one has at least three pieces of music per dance, useful if you're practicing a dance and don't want to have to muck around with the CD player at the end of every piece of music. The 31 dances are one piece of music for each dance for all the dances, I think through the international dances. I've never used anything past the Willow.

Skittl1321
07-14-2008, 06:04 PM
The low level one has at least three pieces of music per dance, useful if you're practicing a dance and don't want to have to muck around with the CD player at the end of every piece of music. The 31 dances are one piece of music for each dance for all the dances, I think through the international dances. I've never used anything past the Willow.

Is the low level one labeled so that you know which is the compulsory music used in tests?

Clarice
07-14-2008, 09:25 PM
You get to choose. When we've had dance tests go up, the coach has specified which track they wanted played for their skater. At competitions, I think they rotate them around.

herniated
07-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Where on the website can you order them? I just tried to find it and wasn't successful.

Skittl1321
07-16-2008, 05:34 PM
You have to login to the members online site- then there is a shopping cart available with badges, rulebooks, and these CDs.

herniated
07-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks soooooooooo much!!

Skittl1321
07-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks all for the information. I went for the low-level CD, as it sounds like it has the music for the tests, but other songs as well. I'm never getting to the high levels, so I'd rather have the variety for practice.