View Full Version : Stylus for figures

miraclegro
07-12-2008, 06:36 AM
Anyone know where i can purchase a skating stylus to work on figures?

Thanks.

coskater64
07-12-2008, 07:34 AM
It's called a scribe and you can usually find them on ebay.

Clarice
07-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Do you mean a scribe? I bought mine off eBay, but some larger skating stores sometimes have a few squirreled away in dusty back storerooms. Call around and ask.

miraclegro
07-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Oh, duh, i don't know why i called it a stylus. I knew it was called a scribe, guess that's why i couldn't find any on ebay.

Thanks guys!

Isk8NYC
07-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Oh, duh, i don't know why i called it a stylus. I knew it was called a scribe, guess that's why i couldn't find any on ebay.

Thanks guys!
They do come up on eBay occasionally; the last one was about a month ago and it was really expensive - like $65 min bid plus shipping.

When I see a scribe for sale, I usually post it on this thread:
http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=25693

I've seen them for sale on Ebay, on Craigslist, and occasionally at a skate swap sale.

Someone had mentioned CALLING or EMAILING some of the older skate shops. They don't put scribes up on their site for sale, but often have them "in the back" as someone pointed out.

AgnesNitt
07-13-2008, 04:24 PM
I had heard Rainbo had some, but alas they're all gone. They still have some patch blades though.

HelenC
07-13-2008, 05:34 PM
You could also put up a notice at your rink's bulletin board that you are looking to buy a used one. Many skaters who have seen me patching tell me that they have an old scribe in their parent's garage.