View Full Version : What is a single jump?

sk8lady
07-07-2008, 07:24 AM
My coach and I have been discussing whether or not a half-loop is a single jump within the meaning of the Bronze FS test requirements. Although it's called a "half-loop" it's actually a full rotation jump, landed on the other foot from the loop. A "single jump" is defined as "any jump of one or more, but less than two, revolutions." (A "half revolution jump" is defined as "any jump of one-half [180 degrees] revolution in the air.) The diagram of the half-loop clearly shows a full revolution in the air. The Bronze FS test requirements say, "At least three different single jumps of which one must be a Salchow and one must be a toe loop," with no requirement that the third jump be either a flip or a loop.

Has anyone ever known someone who has passed the Bronze fs test using the Salchow, toe loop, and half loop for their jumps?

(Mostly just curious as my coach REALLY does not want me to test without having the loop or flip, both of which are as unattainable as the moon and stars!!!!!)

Isk8NYC
07-07-2008, 08:20 AM
In the USFSA Rulebook, the Half-Loop is marked in the "List of Jumps" section as a single revolution jump.

It's perplexing since it's on the Juvenile and Adult Gold freestyle tests as a "Choice of" option, along with a bunch of 1/2 revolution jumps. (Split, Stag, Falling Leaf, and Half Loop.)

I can't recall seeing anyone use it on a bronze test though, sorry.