View Full Version : Editing with Audacity

Rusty Blades
06-28-2008, 08:07 PM
For anybody who is cutting music with Audacity, I have started compiling a "hints" page on my Web site:

http://www.geocities.com/agedrinkrat/index.htm

It will be expanded over time and if anyone has any suggestions or improvements, let me know.

Black Sheep
06-29-2008, 09:38 AM
My coach is always nagging me to edit my music so it sounds cleaner for competitions. Also, it's a Mac thing to boot! I can't wait to try it!
:bow::D:bow::D:bow:

Bill_S
06-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Very nice!

I've bookmarked the page. BTW, what was the original music (bagpipes and drums) in your example?

EDIT: I'm guessing Chieftains' O'Sullivan's March (from the title bar on one of the windows. Correct? I've not heard of them before.)

Rusty Blades
06-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Very nice!

I've bookmarked the page. BTW, what was the original music (bagpipes and drums) in your example?

EDIT: I'm guessing Chieftains' O'Sullivan's March (from the title bar on one of the windows. Correct? I've not heard of them before.)

Very observant Bill - it is indeed The Chieftains O'Sullivan's March. That was my Freeskate music this year and will be for years to come. My Interpretive was also from The Chieftains, Dunsmore Lassies. I like their twist on traditional Celtic.

I hope to expand the Web site and go into matching rhythms, changing tempo, and changing key when I get a chance.

I have been "playing with music" for nearly 40 years and Audacity lets me do things that could only be done in a professional studio 20 years ago.

dbny
06-29-2008, 09:52 PM
And here I was expecting a question about Audacity! :bow::bow::bow:

Virtualsk8r
06-30-2008, 07:04 AM
About a month ago I was online at the Apple store about to push the 'BUY NOW" button for a new desktop with the 24inch monitor, upgraded memory and something else the guy at the MAC store told me to upgrade on line.....when doubt crept into my subconscious and I stepped back from the computer with my trusty credit card.....

So - here is the question that raised the doubt. What music editing program can you use on an Apple - other than garageband (which comes with it apparently) - that is comparable to the Sony Soundforge I have used for years??? I know that Mac's used for editing video with the AVID system - but I have always used Sony products to edit music and video myself.

Anyone have advice out there....or experience using the Mac to professionally edit music for skating? Most professionals I know still use a PC based program....

Plus - anyone have difficulties with their Mac desktop? I know one laptop that has crashed the hard drive and burned the battery in less than six months use. And let's not begin to discuss the problems with iPod's!!!

smelltheice
07-04-2008, 01:47 PM
wave pad is fine. I used it on my mac mini and it is good for editing music and quite simple to operate from scratch and it is free online to boot!!
Although I will confess to not knowing a great deal about media editing software!!!