View Full Version : My feet---in skates.help!

katieskater
06-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Hey,
I skate about 4 times a week at a competitive/starskate level, and I have bunyans-on both feet! and i think one is starting on the outside of my toe. My skates arent to small, and they get punched out, but i was just wondering if there is anything/exercises i can do to help this not get worse? thanks. Oh and bunyans on bones build up

Stormy
06-23-2008, 06:03 PM
My first thoughts would be to take the skates back to your pro shop, because obviously if you're getting bunions, something isn't right. Or have your coach look at them, they may be able to figure out what is wrong with the boots. Or, if they're really getting worse, see a podiatrist?

Skating Jessica
06-23-2008, 06:52 PM
I agree. It's most likely something caused by your skates that you may not even be aware is a problem. Perhaps your feet are sliding around in your boots causing them to rub? There could be a variety of causes.

Do get your boots checked out even if you don't believe them to be the cause. A girl I know was developing bunions much like you complain of and she almost needed surgery to fix them. I don't think skating in boots that are giving you bunions is worth having possible surgery over.

If after getting your skates checked out you're still having problems, see a podiatrist.

jp1andOnly
06-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Are you sure they aren't calluses? I have big bumps on my baby toe and thats all mine are. I often put on a Dr. Sholls callus remover on it to rip off all the layers of skin