View Full Version : What are you testing?

FSWer
06-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Say as a skater....what is everyone here testing?

Stormy
06-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Next one will be Gold Free....3rd time WILL be the charm! :) And then, probably in the winter, Novice Moves.

Kim to the Max
06-18-2008, 08:33 PM

I am currently working on my Novice Moves in the Field test and am going to start my new program for my Juvenile freestyle test.

flying~camel
06-18-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm taking Adult Silver moves next week! 8O Provided I pass that, I'm planning on taking Adult Silver free sometime in late summer/early fall.

Hannahclear
06-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Silver Moves later this summer. Hopefully the second time will go a lot better than the first!

Skittl1321
06-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Bronze moves in August- however, it's borderline, so I'm prepared for a retry, but I want to get them in front of the judges to help me with my test anxiety. I just don't feel the pressure in practice.

FlyAndCrash
06-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Pre-Juv free next Friday! WOOHOO! or not...

phoenix
06-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Killian, til I pass or or til I die, whichever comes first.

Also Intermediate moves, once I get my guts up to try it. Guts being pretty absent lately, I'm stalling on them. :giveup:

Clarice
06-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Just passed Gold Moves. Next comes my other two Pre-Bronze dances and then the First Figure Test.

ibreakhearts66
06-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Have to retest my preliminary :( :( But after that, I need to move right on to pre-juv, juv and intermediate, moves and free.

I'm actually thinking about starting ice dancing (I know that will make coskater happy--she always worries about my joints, which I appreciate). So, I guess I'll be working on testing the lowest level dances too.

FSWer
06-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Killian, til I pass or or til I die, whichever comes first.

Also Intermediate moves, once I get my guts up to try it. Guts being pretty absent lately, I'm stalling on them. :giveup:

I don't understand the first one. What's Killian?

vesperholly
06-19-2008, 12:42 AM
Senior MIF 8O sometime in late summer or fall, Tango in late summer and (hopefully) Killian in early fall.

Thin-Ice
06-19-2008, 02:46 AM
I don't understand the first one. What's Killian?

The Kilian is a Pre-Gold level dance. IMHO it's one of the compulsory dances that's the most fun to watch because the feet move so quickly and the music is very upbeat (what one of the little girls I skate with refers to as "smiley music"... because everytime she hears it it makes her smile).

patatty
06-19-2008, 05:55 AM
Intermediate moves, and then Gold free, but I have no plans on moving up to Gold anytime soon.

RinkRat321
06-19-2008, 06:14 AM
im testing juvenille moves and taking my preliminary and pre juv freestyle tests at the end of the summer

Rusty Blades
06-19-2008, 06:26 AM
I am NEVER going to test again! 8O

I tested my 'Pre-Introductory Interpretive' last year at Nationals and passed which moves me up to Introductory. This year I skated against girls 10 years my junior with a decade more skating experience.

No sir! For the rest of my life I am competing at Bronze Free & Introductory Interpretive - I am going to sandbag like everybody else! :roll:

Rob Dean
06-19-2008, 06:40 AM
I hope to get my coach to sign off tonight on a Willow Waltz test for the 8th of July. We're also trying to move the adult bronze moves back to the front burner for August or (more likely) October.

Rob

jcookie1982
06-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Hopefully I will be testing pre-bronze MIF and Freestyle in the near future, but I don't have a date set yet.

Skating Jessica
06-19-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm actively testing my Gold dances, as well as preparing (getting my jumps clean, my program choreographed, etc.) for my Novice freestyle.

I already have my Gold in Senior MIF, which I passed in 2005, so once I get my last few dances passed, I'm going to focus strictly on freestyle. I wouldn't mind trying a few International dances, but we'll see...

momsk8er
06-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Pre-Bronze Free and Bronze moves. Then it will take me a looong time to pass anything else!

abbi_1990
06-19-2008, 09:38 AM
I'm testing my NISA Level 1 Field moves THIS monday! eek

Mrs Redboots
06-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Good luck, Abbi. I'm hoping to test my Level 1 Variation Dance this autumn, if we get it up and running, and then maybe Level 2 so that we can start playing with Original Dance. And maybe, just maybe, level 2 Free Dance, but that's not very likely.

I still want, one of these days, to get my level 4 Compulsory dances good enough to test, but they are taking an awful long time getting there, so I'd rather "fill in" levels 1 to 3 where I can.

techskater
06-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Next test planned is Novice MIF (planned late summer/early fall). After that, Junior MIF and Intermediate FS

jazzpants
06-19-2008, 08:18 PM
My coaches' patience??? :halo:

Nothing at the moment... 'cept maybe the ISI FS 3 test before the deadline for ISI Adult Champs... But yeah, I'm not testing Silver Moves for QUITE a while!!!

LilJen
06-19-2008, 08:40 PM
My coaches' patience??? :halo:
Me too, me too!!!

August 12, come hell or high water, I'm getting PB moves & free out of the way, along with all 3 preliminary dances (Dutch waltz, canasta tango, rhythm blues). Unless I happen to break my ankle again. . . If I don't pass PB moves I'll just slink off into a corner. I'll be the one babbling incoherently about 3-turns and tearing her hair out.

Rob Dean
06-20-2008, 07:20 AM
I hope to get my coach to sign off tonight on a Willow Waltz test ...

She did sign off on it and I dropped it off, so it's official. 8O She also muttered something about testing the ten fox in August...

Rob

jskater49
06-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Planning on testing Bronze moves in July but I don't expect to pass - but I hope to be very close. I'm one that gets so nervous I need a practice test.

Maybe before the end of the year I'll test the Swing dance. Maybe then I'll work on step behinds to do the Cha Cha and Fiesta but it will be years before I am close to Silver Moves and I expect to stay at Pre bronze Freestyle forever.

j

phoenix
06-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Well, coach this morning told me to send in test registration for Paso too, so apparently, I'm testing Paso AND Killian in July! 8O I'm a little leery, given that today was the first time we did it with music, and it was definitely not brilliant, but I think I'm willing to give it a shot...if I can afford it. We'll see, but I have to decide today if I want to have any hope of getting on to that session.

Lots of people testing on this board! Good for us! :P

looplover
06-20-2008, 12:09 PM
I wanted to test Adult Silver Moves in July, but now that I might move to MA, change rinks, coaches and clubs, and I'm really thinking about that right now. I hope to test them by the end of the year though. For now I want to focus on freestyle. I don't want to leave this coach! I suggested that she move her entire family to Boston as well but I don't think she's going to go for it :P

Kim to the Max
06-20-2008, 12:16 PM
I wanted to test Adult Silver Moves in July, but now that I might move to MA, change rinks, coaches and clubs, and I'm really thinking about that right now. I hope to test them by the end of the year though. For now I want to focus on freestyle. I don't want to leave this coach! I suggested that she move her entire family to Boston as well but I don't think she's going to go for it :P

I understand not wanting to leave a coach....with my job, it is possible that after this year that I could be moving anywhere in the country unless something opens up in my area (gotta' be the right job, right time, right place, and right salary!)...when I said this to Coach, she asked if we were "breaking up" in a year...I really don't want to leave her :( hopefully it won't come to that!

FlyAndCrash
06-20-2008, 12:27 PM

I'm moving away to Boston too! I am excited because I'm going to be going to school there, but anxious and nervous at the same time. I don't want to go through the trouble of finding a new coach and setting up a new practice schedule.

Morgail
06-20-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm actually thinking about starting ice dancing (I know that will make coskater happy--she always worries about my joints, which I appreciate). So, I guess I'll be working on testing the lowest level dances too.

Dance is fun on its own, but it's really good for your general skating. Dance has helped SO much with my posture, edges, and extension.

Next test for me is the Cha Cha, again, in about a week. Then, I'll probably try to test the Swing dance and Fiesta Tango in late summer/fall. Winter or next spring, I'm planning to try Gold Moves, and maybe another dance if I have one ready. And sometime after that, Gold Free (if I have an axel).

Scarlett
06-21-2008, 06:40 AM
I'm planning on testing my preliminary dances this August.

I am not even practicing my bronze moves ( I hate those things!).

Mrs Redboots
06-21-2008, 07:51 AM
Maybe before the end of the year I'll test the Swing dance. Maybe then I'll work on step behinds to do the Cha Cha and Fiesta but it will be years before I am close to Silver Moves and I expect to stay at Pre bronze Freestyle forever.My coach is very dubious about my ever being good enough to test Level 4 compulsories, which are Fiesta and Swing (the Cha-cha isn't part of our test structure). I can quite see why - our Swing Dance is still very weak, even after all these years. I am still not quite sure why, or how to fix it. Our Fiesta, on a good day, would be passable, but it would have to be a very good day!

Actually, we would pass with certain judges, even now, but you can't rely on getting a judge who would pass you! And many judges would, I think rightly, give us a retry. Husband would probably pass, to be fair, especially if he skated with his coach or solo; I probably wouldn't.

Those step behinds aren't as bad as the ones in the Rhythm Blues! One coach gave a good tip: if you can't put it back, don't take it out. Keep your left foot glued to your right ankle during the RFO cross (don't forget that this edge is the start of the change of lobe), and then it will go down easily on the LFI.

jskater49
06-21-2008, 12:34 PM
My coach is very dubious about my ever being good enough to test Level 4 compulsories, which are Fiesta and Swing (the Cha-cha isn't part of our test structure). I can quite see why - our Swing Dance is still very weak, even after all these years. I am still not quite sure why, or how to fix it. Our Fiesta, on a good day, would be passable, but it would have to be a very good day!

Actually, we would pass with certain judges, even now, but you can't rely on getting a judge who would pass you! And many judges would, I think rightly, give us a retry. Husband would probably pass, to be fair, especially if he skated with his coach or solo; I probably wouldn't.

Those step behinds aren't as bad as the ones in the Rhythm Blues! One coach gave a good tip: if you can't put it back, don't take it out. Keep your left foot glued to your right ankle during the RFO cross (don't forget that this edge is the start of the change of lobe), and then it will go down easily on the LFI.

That's a neat trick, I will try that.

j

Mel On Ice
06-21-2008, 03:21 PM
silver MIF

icedancer2
06-21-2008, 03:24 PM
My coach is very dubious about my ever being good enough to test Level 4 compulsories, which are Fiesta and Swing (the Cha-cha isn't part of our test structure). I can quite see why - our Swing Dance is still very weak, even after all these years. I am still not quite sure why, or how to fix it. Our Fiesta, on a good day, would be passable, but it would have to be a very good day!

Mrs. Redboots, do you guys have the "Adult" (for us - over 21) or "Masters" (over 50) dance test levels over there? Just curious.
Lisa

Mrs Redboots
06-22-2008, 05:19 AM
Mrs. Redboots, do you guys have the "Adult" (for us - over 21) or "Masters" (over 50) dance test levels over there? Just curious.
Lisa
No, no adult tests of any kind; you test standard track or not at all.

Skate@Delaware
06-22-2008, 10:21 AM
I have agreed to test pre-bronze this year. Both moves & freestyle....:roll:

My rink does have test sessions now so that is a good thing. Not sure when the testing will be done, probably sometime in February. As long as it doesn't mess up my levels for ISI competitions!

Then bronze sometime after that.

singerskates
06-22-2008, 07:30 PM
This summer I am testing the Fiesta Tango (in Canada a Junior Bronze dance) and learning the Swing Dance (another Junior Bronze Dance) to maybe test in the fall and learn the Willow (last Junior Bronze Dance) in the fall and probably the winter too to test in either the late winter session or spring. Start officially learning Preliminary Skills (Canadian moves in the field in patterns set to music) in the fall but don't know when I'll test them. Hopefully be able to test Preliminary FS and then start working on Junior Bronze elements so maybe Winter of 2009 I can test the Junior Bronze Freeskate.

skatergal
06-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Just passed my Juvinile MIF!!!!!!! Hopefully will test Preliminary FS by the end of the summer.

katieskater
06-23-2008, 01:17 PM
In senior bronze starskate, but testing pre-novice competitive.

Skating Jessica
06-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Just passed my Juvinile MIF!!!!!!! Hopefully will test Preliminary FS by the end of the summer.

That's exciting. Congratulations! :mrgreen: