View Full Version : She held her own in her first Pre-Pre competition!

momof3chicks
06-11-2008, 01:56 PM
My 7 year old did her first competition this weekend that wasn't an 'everybody gets a medal' basic skills type.

She skated in the pre-preliminary test track. There were 7 girls, most of which were considerably older. She got her lutz jump back just 2 days before and she landed it in the 3 minute warm up.

BUT...she fell in the program, I think she actually landed it and THEN lost her balance. Anyway, I prepared her for last place as nobody else fell, but alas she was 4th! She probably would have medaled if she hadn't fallen.

Her spins were better than all 6 of the others, even the crowd was impressed. So now she knows she CAN do it and maybe next time she'll do the lutz without falling.

Skittl1321
06-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Congratulations to her!

Mrs Redboots
06-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Well done her!

One of the coaches at our rink tells the story about how, at his first competition, he landed every single jump on his bottom - and so next time, all his competition relaxed... and he nailed everything, won the class, and never looked back!

momof3chicks
06-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Well done her!

One of the coaches at our rink tells the story about how, at his first competition, he landed every single jump on his bottom - and so next time, all his competition relaxed... and he nailed everything, won the class, and never looked back!

On his bottom!! I love that. I was proud of her for trying it- having just getting it back a couple days previous- that was more important to me than if she fell.

Now she knows falling in a competition isn't the end of the world, she stretched herself and survived- her other strong skills carried her through.

TiggerTooSkates
06-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Yay for your daughter! You must be so proud. :bow::bow:

momof3chicks
06-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Yay for your daughter! You must be so proud. :bow::bow:

I am- when I called home last night, she told me she landed it perfectly 6 times when she skated on Monday! LOL

BuggieMom
06-12-2008, 07:33 PM
when I called home last night, she told me she landed it perfectly 6 times when she skated on Monday! LOL
Right before EVERY competition, something goes haywire for my dd...some element she has been doing just fine on suddenly takes a vacation. Sometimes it comes back in time for the competition, sometimes it doesn't. But no matter what the VERY NEXT TIME she is on the ice post-competition, that element looks JUST FINE!

Drives me nuts! :roll::giveup::evil: