View Full Version : New Here!

Zac911
06-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Hello!
i just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Zac Lampson and i am a Rep for Riedell. I cover Northern/Southern California and Northern Nevada. i have a long history in the sport of Ice Skating. i started out at the age of 3 playing hockey, figure skating and power skating in a small town in Western Canada. i have been involved in many levels of the sport and have always had a solid reputation for equipment and prep knowledge. i welcome any questions you may have about Riedell, John Wilson and MK Blades. anything from fit issues to blade questions-- i would like to help. Cheers!

Zac

Isk8NYC
06-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Wonderful. I've requested confirmation of your status from Riedell.

In the meantime, feel free to interact with other members.

Be aware that we do not allow spam on this board.

Zac911
06-10-2008, 04:41 PM
my apologies in advance if i offended anybody or if i crossed any boundaries-- i handle about 9 different lines and make a point of being available for questions to customers, coaches and buyers on all the forums that are specific to their sport. i am sure our friends at Riedell ( or perhaps Frank? ) will be able to confirm that i do represent their line out west. i was just in Minnesota for our sales meeting. cheers!

littlekateskate
06-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Welcome to the board! I am sure having a reidelll rep will come in handY!!

Skittl1321
06-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the board!

Zac911
06-15-2008, 06:14 PM
hey... i just picked up Gordy at the airport in SF. he had said something about a confirmation for this forum. i am not sure if he ever did reply to you, but i can verify that Gordy and i did discuss the forum today. cheers!

dbny
06-15-2008, 07:34 PM
hey... i just picked up Gordy at the airport in SF. he had said something about a confirmation for this forum. i am not sure if he ever did reply to you, but i can verify that Gordy and i did discuss the forum today. cheers!

Isk8NYC is on vacation and may not have email access.

Zac911
06-15-2008, 11:37 PM
thanx for the heads up!

singerskates
06-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Why have the new John Wilson Pattern 99's less sharpening life than the old ones? I have a pair of Pattern 99's that I bought over 5 years ago and used for 4 years. Then when I went to purchase new skates (not Reidell because they don't fit my type of feet; I'm in Jackson Elite Plus boots now with their foot bed taken out for custom made for skates orthotics just for my feet), I couldn't use my old Pattern 99's because the blades were too big for the boots I bought then (Gams before they joined JacksonUltima), so I had to get new blades too. Problem was that the price of the Pattern 99 were too much for me to afford so I looked at the Ultima Elite blades and saw that it had the same rocker and profile as the Pattern 99's for less money and twice as much sharpening area as the Pattern 99's being made now.

Zac911
06-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Why have the new John Wilson Pattern 99's less sharpening life than the old ones? I have a pair of Pattern 99's that I bought over 5 years ago and used for 4 years. Then when I went to purchase new skates (not Reidell because they don't fit my type of feet; I'm in Jackson Elite Plus boots now with their foot bed taken out for custom made for skates orthotics just for my feet), I couldn't use my old Pattern 99's because the blades were too big for the boots I bought then (Gams before they joined JacksonUltima), so I had to get new blades too. Problem was that the price of the Pattern 99 were too much for me to afford so I looked at the Ultima Elite blades and saw that it had the same rocker and profile as the Pattern 99's for less money and twice as much sharpening area as the Pattern 99's being made now.

the decline of the US Dollar over the last 7-8 years has more to do with this than anything. many people have noticed this over the last few years since pricing has gone up on everything we buy, but globally the US Dollar has been weak for some time. HD Sports blades are produced in the UK ( Sheffield England-- steel and Sheffield have a long history ) and the pound has gotten to be extremely strong when lined up to the US Dollar. it wont be long before other countries that were once cheaper to buy from become expensive as well-- welcome to the global economy. that said please do not be fooled by price and APPEARANCE. the strength of HD Sports steel is far greater than the competition. we did some testing at Riedell and found that a band saw can zip right through competitors blades and on the HD Sports blades the saw jammed up and stopped when it hit the hardened steel, so while the rocker, rake and other features may be the same there is something to be said for grades of steel and how they are treated. please make sure if you have questions to PM me, so i can answer your questions there. cheers!

Z

Isk8NYC
06-23-2008, 08:19 AM
Isk8NYC is on vacation and may not have email access.
That's right: ten days and I didn't use the computer once.

Gordy confirmed Zac's identity. Welcome aboard!

Zac911
06-24-2008, 02:53 PM
sorry i have been away from my computer as well. thank you for the welcome and i look forward to helping!