View Full Version : What level skater are you..and how often do you train?

FSWer
06-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Say I was wondering how often all our On Ice Skaters train at the levels there at? I'll start. For me...I'm Learn to Skate Adult1..and I'm not sure if what I do is considered training. So somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. But if it is. Then I guess you could say I train either every 2 weeks. Or whenever I get to go to the Rink. Ok skaters....GO!!!!

Skittl1321
06-09-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm a PreBronze skater and I try to skate 2-3 hours per week.

I'm also on an open adult synchro team (ISI) and we practice 1 hour per week.

Kim to the Max
06-09-2008, 09:52 PM
My current test level is pre-Juv, and I am working on axels, double sals, and various spins (Coach's latest torture is the back camel) and Novice moves...and for another week or so, I am skating 3 days a week (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday) for 2 and a 1/4 hours each day. Once the rink on campus opens again, I will skate Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (with some flexibility in there of course!) for probably 1.5 - 2 hours each day.

Clarice
06-10-2008, 05:17 AM
I'm Adult Silver, and I skate 6 days out of 7 for at least an hour. This is usually on public sessions, because as a Learn to Skate instructor my rink allows me to skate on those sessions for free.

SynchroSk8r114
06-10-2008, 05:40 AM
I'm on my Novice freestyle and I'm working on my Gold dances. I try to skate 4 days/week, but until summer skating starts next week, it's more like three--but I do plan to skate 4 days this summer.

Rusty Blades
06-10-2008, 07:18 AM
I'm an ancient skater competing Bronze Free. I skate 3 days a week, 1 to 2 hours per session (depending on how demanding the sessions are) and year round (usually with a few weeks off in June).

phoenix
06-10-2008, 07:47 AM
I'm working on my pre-gold dances & Intermediate moves. I'm trying to put a better schedule together for the summer so I can skate at least 4 days a week.

FSWer
06-10-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm Adult Silver, and I skate 6 days out of 7 for at least an hour. This is usually on public sessions, because as a Learn to Skate instructor my rink allows me to skate on those sessions for free.

You get it for FREE!!! COOL!!!!!!! What LTS. Level do you teach?

Clarice
06-10-2008, 11:19 AM
You get it for FREE!!! COOL!!!!!!! What LTS. Level do you teach?

Yeah, it is pretty cool. I still have to pay for freestyle sessions, but only half price. I've taught everything from Snowplow 1 to Basic 4. We usually combine Basic 5-6 and 7-8, and make one class out of all the Free Skate levels. Those classes generally get assigned to the more experienced coaches - the ones who coach for a living. For me it's just a part time thing in addition to my real job.

FSWer
06-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah, it is pretty cool. I still have to pay for freestyle sessions, but only half price. I've taught everything from Snowplow 1 to Basic 4. We usually combine Basic 5-6 and 7-8, and make one class out of all the Free Skate levels. Those classes generally get assigned to the more experienced coaches - the ones who coach for a living. For me it's just a part time thing in addition to my real job.

Really?...What do you do for work? BTW. LOL, don't you mean you get a discount as a LTS. Coach? If your still paying it's not free right?

Clarice
06-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Really?...What do you do for work? BTW. LOL, don't you mean you get a discount as a LTS. Coach? If your still paying it's not free right?

I'm really a musician. I play and teach the clarinet.

I get public sessions for free, but pay half price for freestyle sessions. So, yes, when it comes to freestyle sessions I get a discount.

jazzpants
06-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Oh, not enough here.... I now do about 6 hrs a week now... just don't have the time... Then again, I'm off season now. When I'm on season preparing for a comp, it goes up to about 8-9hr a week... and that's still not enough for me! My skating level is Adult Bronze FS and I should be around 10-12 hr a week.

Mrs Redboots
06-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Adult pre-Bronze dancer (or Bronze/Elementary/Level 4 and under, take your pick, in the UK). Train roughly 6-8 hours/week, but it does vary.

RinkRat321
06-11-2008, 07:10 PM
i'm pre juv and I skate 10-11 hrs a week

ibreakhearts66
06-11-2008, 08:37 PM
i'm tested through pre-pre (testing prelim on saturday, i think), but am really an intermediate level (or so) skater. I'm working mostly on my 2axel.

Honestly, I skate when I can. Sometimes that's 4 times a week for a couple of hours, sometimes it's once a week for a couple of hours. It all depends on my health and my schedule. However, whenever I do skate, I skate HARD.

FSWer
06-11-2008, 08:40 PM
i'm tested through pre-pre (testing prelim on saturday, i think), but am really an intermediate level (or so) skater. I'm working mostly on my 2axel.

Honestly, I skate when I can. Sometimes that's 4 times a week for a couple of hours, sometimes it's once a week for a couple of hours. It all depends on my health and my schedule. However, whenever I do skate, I skate HARD.

What's Pre-Pre?

jskater49
06-11-2008, 08:47 PM
adult pre-bronze and this week at ice camp hell - I skate 2 hours every day...but not next week.

j

ibreakhearts66
06-11-2008, 08:48 PM
What's Pre-Pre?

pre-preliminary. It's the first of the USFS levels beyond learn to skate. It's at this level that skaters usually compete with single axels. It's about equivalent (in competition, not in test material) to ISI Freestyle 5

Skittl1321
06-11-2008, 08:51 PM
What's Pre-Pre?

Pre-Pre is an abbreviation for Prepreliminary. The first level of the USFSA standard test track.

AgnesNitt
06-14-2008, 08:07 AM
I'm a 56 year old Gamma. I started last year (It takes longer when you start as a senior citizen). I skate Thurs public (lesson), Fri public, Sat (group and Public), and Sunday (freestlye). I'm lucky in that my rink has a senior citizen discount and I only pay $3 for public (full price for freestlye).

flying~camel
06-14-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm currently at Adult Bronze and moving up to Adult Silver this summer. I skate about 2-1/2 hours per week.

Starting next week, I'll also be doing 1 hour of ballet per week and 1-2 hours of aerobics per week.

Skating Jessica
06-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Freestyle: Novice
Dance: Gold

I plan to skate 4 days/week starting next week.

Lisa_C
06-16-2008, 04:14 PM
I am currently in LTS Freeskate 4 and working on Adult Pre-Bronze MITF. I skate for 45 minutes on Saturdays for group lessons and another 45 minutes on Wednesdays. I would love to skate more, but time and money just don't allow it :cry: .