View Full Version : Best places in London for buying skates

Caris
06-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Hello all :D

I have to go to London on Thursday, and I thought It would be a great opportunity as I'll have some time free, to try and get my new boots and blades.

I'm after the Risport RF3 with Coronation ace K picks, so need to find a shop that stocks them, but also who are good with fitting. My RF4's are the same size as my shoes, but over the year I've been on them have naturally loosened up a bit, and have ended up a little too big I think.

I want someone who really knows what they're doing to fit me with the right size, and also to mount my blades (as well as stock them!)

I have to be in the Fulham Road area, but can travel out anywhere really after my appointment.

Soooooooooo, anyone had a good experience with a London shop, anyone had a not so good oneso I know where to avoid??

Many thanks!

Mrs Redboots
06-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Unfortunately, London isn't really a good place to buy skates! If you know exactly what you want and can order them in advance, then any rink shop will do; if you don't, you need to go to someone like John Turner in Coventry or Les Westaway in Reading.