View Full Version : Im done..

starskate6.0
06-08-2008, 09:10 PM
:giveup: Im done..

Well this is not a thread as such.. Im done with competing for a year or so , maybe much longer.. I did well in Oberstdorf and it was a blast as alway's even went flying off the Nieblehorn. :mrgreen: i want to congratulate all the skaters from the forums who went , I did get to see many of you skate... but I think Im done with competition skating for a while . working out programs and time limits, new rules bla bla bla etc etc just seems to take some of the joy out of it for me now. Iv decided to skate for the joy of it and try and achieve some goal in life. Ill be 49 in July and Id like to land my first triple before Im 50 . So thats the goal , to become a better skater , land a triple, learn to spin a little better and maybe after a couple of years of that test into masters.. Its been a lot of fun in gold and I wish you all the best in all your events everyone. .. I guess Im just tired..:giveup: Skate well..

dbny
06-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Iv decided to skate for the joy of it and try and achieve some goal in life. Ill be 49 in July and Id like to land my first triple before Im 50 . So thats the goal , to become a better skater , land a triple, learn to spin a little better and maybe after a couple of years of that test into masters..

That's a great goal. I know you will become a better skater and I hope you do get more enjoyment out of skating and land that triple before July 09.

Kim to the Max
06-08-2008, 09:44 PM
That is such a wonderful goal...I hope that when I get to be that age I am able to say something similar (probably not a triple, but a double axel would be nice :) )!!

Good luck! I am a firm believer in being able to do anything you set your mind to as long as you work hard enough :)

Plus, the competitions will still be there later....

jazzpants
06-08-2008, 10:07 PM
In that case, I'm GLAD that I did finally meet you this past April!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: But you will definitely be missed at Grand Rapids next April. :(

What an admirable goal to go for!!! I rooting for 'ya!!! Do it for us old geezers!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! Prove those NAYSAYERS out there that we're NOT too old to land triples!!! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/sportlich/n025.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/sportlich/n030.gif

And I will be there when you come back... hopefully by then I will be LANDING CLEAN AXELS as a Silver lady!!! :twisted:

starskate6.0
06-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks every one. I am so glad to have met so many good people on the ice at my age ( and younger of course ) ;) and thank you so much for your support over the years . Your applause has always meant more to me that any medal.. I was always a winner when i saw you stand and applaud .
Skating for the joy of it is what I like to do . When ( and I say When ) I land my first triple Ill let you know. I do hope its before Im 50 . :lol:

Remember , skate for the love of being out there and you will always go home the victor....

Ross

Mel On Ice
06-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Ross, I think you are amazing and have a great style. I love your goal and hope you achieve it; I'm shooting for the more modest goal of an axel (that would be a single...) by time I'm 40. I'm 38-going-on-39, so I'm thinking I may have to make that 41...

We will miss you in GR for sure, but I'm sure you will be having fun wherever you go.

eliza1
06-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Starskate, I just realized who you are in real life -- Ross!!! Hope you will reconsider Ober next year when the time creeps up again -- in fact, if you have your triple for next Ober would you decide to compete?? You are very entertaining on the ice and very supportive to all competitors off of the ice so it would be a shame to not have you there. Saying that, I can understand having a goal of a triple before 50 and sometimes when you get sidetracked creating new programs,etc.. the goals get pushed further back. Good luck with whatever you do but hopefully you will entertain us in Ober in 2009 - if not, 2010 with your triples!!!!

Debbie S
06-09-2008, 02:57 PM
When I first saw the thread title, I thought you were giving up skating. Glad to see you're continuing - with your talent, it would be a shame to see you stop. Good luck with your triple quest!

I'm not competing right now, either. I want to pass Silver MIF, and then Gold. I'm not really competitive in FS, so even if I competed, I'd probably just do Interp and then CM/Spin/MIF events. I signed up for CM and Spins at the Chesapeake Open, but the events got canceled due to lack of entrants - oh well.

flo
06-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Enjoy.........

FREESK8ER
06-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Hey Ross,
I was exhausted after AN08. It took me 4 weeks to catch up with life. Maybe you will revamp some old programs for the Halloween invitational at Aston. If you don't skate then I would like to see you in the stands and hear the cowbell. You were a great support for me at AN.
By the way, did you score a cowbell in Germany???
Good Luck, Joanne

mikawendy
06-10-2008, 09:44 PM
More cowbell!!!! :lol:

Ross, your new goals sound great. The most important thing that matters is to enjoy being on the ice; otherwise the hard work just isn't worth it.

Mrs Redboots
06-11-2008, 09:58 AM
I know what you mean, Ross - right now, I'm feeling utterly exhausted! Wish you had come to the Mountain Cup, too, but then you'd be even more tired and "skated out".

Keep your options open - take time to just enjoy your skating and regain your joy in it, which is what matters. If you find you want to compete again next year, or maybe in two or three years' time, I think everybody who knows you would be delighted - if not, well, we understand!

Don Jackson signed my programme: "Always enjoy skating!" and that about sums it up.

starskate6.0
06-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Iv been away for a few day's.. Iv been working quite a bit since I got back and I plan to take advantage of a little trip to Cancun with my company for a week..( No ice ..just sand 8-) . Ill be back on the ice on Tuesday and will try my first triple or several there off.
I got a lot of response from you all on this,, and I am so glad to have so many great friends and of course fans of my skating..( I guess I make you laugh :lol:) . In any case I just wanted to thank you all for being there for me and as I mentioned before, I would give every medal and trophy I have to see your faces light up and see you stand and applaud , that is where the real gold is..

Ill be back .. one day..( if I don't kill myself first on this jump :lol: )
Ross

sexyskates
06-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi Ross!
I will miss your wonderful Interp programs. Hopefully you will be back to competition sooner than you think. I think I can relate, because I was tired of programs after AN2008. It has now been fun to work on improving my basics, and learn new stuff. Good luck with that triple! I can't imagine doing one, but I am taking my quest for the axel seriously this year. I think if I can get an axel, you can get a triple!

starskate6.0
06-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi Ross!
I will miss your wonderful Interp programs. Hopefully you will be back to competition sooner than you think. I think I can relate, because I was tired of programs after AN2008. It has now been fun to work on improving my basics, and learn new stuff. Good luck with that triple! I can't imagine doing one, but I am taking my quest for the axel seriously this year. I think if I can get an axel, you can get a triple!

I wish you luck with the axel sexy..;) and thanks...
Ross