View Full Version : Anyone know Figure skater Shannon~Tarralynne Jones

Devilman
06-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Thinking about her as a coach, two time junior national champion? Thoughts? :giveup:

FSWer
06-07-2008, 08:50 PM
The name doesn't ring a bell. Do you have a pic.. of her?

Devilman
06-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Here is her myspace

myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=10719180&MyToken=c086f2fd-8332-499b-9768-f4d867c81870

Skittl1321
06-07-2008, 10:08 PM
I don't know her- but will warn anyone who's about to click the link above that the background song she has chosen for her page has the "f" word as the second word- so don't open it at work, or with kids around.

hepcat
06-08-2008, 01:38 AM
Thinking about her as a coach, two time junior national champion? Thoughts? :giveup:

Um, going by that myspace you're her husband.

Mel On Ice
06-08-2008, 11:07 AM
if she's soliciting students via a myspace page, I'd think the first thing I'd do is remove a song that drops the F bomb upon accessing - not too professional.

Stormy
06-08-2008, 12:11 PM
It's gone now. :roll:

montanarose
06-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Inquiring minds would love to know, as Paul Harvey would say, "the rest of the story" behind the post that started this thread.

Sounds like the "husband" in question :twisted: baaaaaadly underestimated the smarts, and the healthy skepticism, of the skaters on this board. I must say we do a pretty good job of policing ourselves here -- thanks to all! :bow::bow::bow:

FSWer
06-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Here is her myspace

myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=10719180&MyToken=c086f2fd-8332-499b-9768-f4d867c81870

I couldn't access it. Does anyone have a pic. of her?

Clarice
06-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Don't worry about it, FSWer. It doesn't sound like you're missing out on anything here.

Devilman
06-09-2008, 12:09 AM
No, I don't believe what she's been telling me about her skating career, and am checking with those who know... I can't find her on the web for skating at all, honestly, I just want to trust her...

TiggerTooSkates
06-09-2008, 05:08 AM
I noticed the MySpace page has been deleted.

As someone said, we don't know (pause for dramatic effect) the rest of the story.

Devilman
06-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Sorry guys, I suck at the internet thing... I'm a personal trainer and not too bright..

I HONESTLY just want to believe her

She says she stopped skating two years ago?

http://www.myspace.com/surfangel01

stacyf419
06-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Why do you have her picture on your own myspace page and call her your 'ice bunny' if you don't know her?
Quit the clueless act and just be honest if you want to advertise her services here. :roll:

Stormy
06-09-2008, 05:29 PM
If you have her myspace, just ask her if you don't believe her? Seriously, we all weren't born yesterday, ya know. :roll: x 1,000

ETA: Google is your friend, if she is who she says she is, her name would have appeared somewhere on some skating related sites....it dosen't. If she competed or judged, her name would be on the web somewhere on results sheets.

Clarice
06-09-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't understand the part about being a 2-time junior national figure skating champion. In synchro, maybe? It can't be anything else in the U.S., because those records are published in the directory every year, and everyone who has a rule book has a copy. Synchro is the only discipline where individual names aren't listed. There wouldn't be any point in lying about something so easily checked.

kander
06-09-2008, 10:09 PM
She doesn't show up on google, which is kind of strange. Does she go by another name? If she was a junior champion she would definetely be traceable. BTW, what cause did she give you to not believe her?

montanarose
06-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Oh yeah, she sounds like just the kind of coach I'd like for myself or my kids: "I like to get drunk . . . I like to drink and smoke . . . I have a thyroid disease and don't take my pills . . . Sarcasm and being a smart a** are my specialties."

Really classy lady and a model figure skater/competitor . . . not! :roll:

If your goal in posting about her was to drum up coaching business for her, I have a hunch it may have backfired on both of you.

And last but not least, I could swear that the picture of "her" on her myspace page doing that gorgeous FO spiral looks remarkably like Emily Hughes.

Cynically yours,
montanarose

dbny
06-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Does anyone else smell a big, fat, ugly troll?

jazzpants
06-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Devilman... go take lessons from her... report back what she's like... :twisted:

Me personally... I wouldn't take lessons from her. I prefer taking lessons from someone at least around my age, preferably someone OLDER!!! And certainly not someone who prides herself in liking to get drunk or not take her thyroid medication when she should. :roll: Also, a good skater does not necessarily make a good skating coach!!!

Dbny: I also smell a troll too!!!

katz in boots
06-10-2008, 03:52 AM
I love this thread !!!
It's just like watching a soap-opera's pathetic storyline unfold.

katz in boots
06-10-2008, 03:52 AM
I love this thread !!!
It's just like watching a soap-opera.

SynchroSk8r114
06-10-2008, 05:42 AM
I love this thread !!!
It's just like watching a soap-opera.

LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing. I have absolutely nothing to contribute, but the drama behind this is just too good to pass by. :roll:

momsk8er
06-10-2008, 07:49 AM
We also need to be careful that this is not someone's attempt to ruin this person's reputation.

skaternum
06-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Perhaps if we all just quit paying attention, it would go away??

dbny
06-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Perhaps if we all just quit paying attention, it would go away??

EXACTLY.

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

Devilman
06-10-2008, 11:24 AM
This REALLY sucks...

I did ask her OF COURSE and she told me

She used to skate in ISA (and I know that's true)

Then moved into the 'real' one?

But yes, I know, she should show up on google....

I married her, and love her... but GOD DAMIT I hate being lied to....

I think I'm going to have to call her BS on me

Thanks guys.... I'm no troll.. just a lied to husband :(

Skittl1321
06-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Well apparently she's not the only one telling tall tales- you've been a bit misleading on the information you gave us.

So if she really is your wife, and she's managing to lie to you about being 2 time junior national champion- do you really need to question us as to whether she'd be a good coach or not? If you're married to her, and she's lying to you, you've got bigger problems then if she's falsifying her coaching resume. You should know if she's a good skater or not- use that to determine if you want her to coach you. Have to say- I sure wouldn't want a relative as a coach though. Do you really even skate? Or did you just want to get her name out, and got the wrong reaction?

If she is a good coach- I hope her students don't read this and decide to dump her, but I have to say, the information about her on the internet wouldn't make me think twice about her.

Sorry everyone, I couldn't resist replying. It just keeps getting better.

flippet
06-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Heh. Interesting how, as soon as the word 'troll' comes up, look who shows up. :roll:

Yeah, don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting tired of this. Buh-bye.