View Full Version : skating clinic with Zimmerman and Fontana

herniated
06-06-2008, 06:29 PM
There will be a skating clinic with Jonn Zimmerman and Silvia Fontana Sun.June 22 at The Rinx in Hauppauge New York. Open to all skaters of all levels and adults. (Adults won't be seperated but put in with groups appropriate to thier level) For more info go to www.therinx.com.

And starting in July at The Rinx there will be Wed. Morning group session for adults in ice dancing at 8:40am. Also go to the above web site and email Catherine Schwab for more info about the adult session.

GordonSk8erBoi
06-09-2008, 03:47 PM
I did this clinic about 3 years ago (maybe 4?). Ours had a separate adult track. It was a blast and well worth the $ (even if I did have to put up with the women going on and on and ON and ON about how "hot" Zimmerman is! :-)).

jazzpants
06-09-2008, 04:53 PM
(even if I did have to put up with the women going on and on and ON and ON about how "hot" Zimmerman is! :-)).Jealous, Gordon? :P :lol: (J/K)...

Maybe we could send kander over to this camp so they'll have more men drooling over Silvia Fontana to balance out the women drooling over Zimmerman!!! :twisted: :lol:

doubletoe
06-10-2008, 01:23 PM
I haven't done that camp, but John and Silvia led a spin class last year at the Hackensack camp that I thought was the best class of the whole camp. Like most women, I have always found John Z. irresistibly hot, so I was really surprised when I ended up falling in love with Silvia instead (no, not like that :roll:)! She is not only a great teacher, but she is incredibly supportive and enthusiastic about teaching adults. I never would have guessed I could learn a pancake spin, but now I have one, thanks to Silvia. But for those who are wondering, John is wonderful, too.

herniated
06-12-2008, 02:22 PM
It's good to hear this is a good clinic!! I'll pass the word on at the Rinx. Some skaters are tentative about doing it. Unfortunately I can't do this one. But I am going to do some of the ice dance clinics on Wednesday.