View Full Version : 2009 Adult Sectionals???

WannaAxel
06-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi all, have never posted here, but I'm dying to know when/where sectionals will be this year. Does anyone know? I'm specifically looking for Pacific Coast, but am also interested where everyone else will be skating too. Maybe I've missed the info somewhere???

Thanks for your help!

Stormy
06-05-2008, 01:44 PM
They haven't been announced yet. The second it's announced, it'll be up here, so keep an eye out here and of course, USFS' site as well.

WannaAxel
06-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Okay, thanks. I've been checking USFS, but they don't seem to post things very promptly (when it comes to the Adults!) I will keep checking here.

:bow: :bow: :bow:
WannaAxel

Thin-Ice
06-06-2008, 02:36 AM
I was told the bids were due on June first.. so USFS is just getting a chance now to look at all the bids. So, we may/should know soon. The LOC has less than nine months to organize everything, so I'm sure the bidding clubs are also very anxious to hear who is hosting the Adult Sectionals.

WannaAxel
06-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Everything just seems so late this year! The past few years we've known the dates and locations of the next year's Sectionals AND Nationals either before Nationals or at least during them. Last year (Chicago), they even had a flyer with all the sectional and national dates/places listed. I just don't remember it being decided so late before. Guess I've been spoiled in the past!!!!

techskater
06-07-2008, 05:08 AM
This past year (2008), there was no location for Sectionals posted until around November. This was due to a lack of bids in one section. They changed the due date for Sectional bids to try and compensate for that (I would guess they are trying to encourage clubs that bid for ANs and don't get it to bid for AS this way).