View Full Version : PSA Registered Group Orals

sk8lady
05-31-2008, 07:48 PM
Is there anyone here who's taken this exam, and can tell me what to expect? I plan to take them in Boston in July.

dbny
05-31-2008, 07:58 PM
I haven't, but my coach has. She highly recommends attending a PACE first. The other thing she told me is that there are no wrong answers, as long as you can justify yourself. For example, I teach the two foot turn without turning the head. I want my students to focus on the leading hand throughout, because after the turn they will be looking in the correct direction, and they will need to do that for 3's later on. However, some basic skills manuals say to make sure the student turns the head with the turn. The reasoning behind that is that it makes it easier to rotate the shoulders. So, if I had to describe how I teach two foot turns, I would probably begin with the way I do it and why, and add that if I see a student having trouble with rotation, then I would have him/her turn the head. I know also that there are certain key words that some examiners look for, and you will be asked for more info in an attempt to get those words.

I guess it's too late for you to go to a PACE. Good luck in July. I'm hoping to take the Sports Science & Med for Registered in Sept, but haven't given any thought as to when to take the oral.