View Full Version : your summer skating schedule/goals?

littlerain
05-18-2008, 08:39 PM
As much as I love to skate, I've always been somewhat flaky in keeping up with it, especially during the school year with internships, extracurriculars, jobs, etc. I'd like to get back into it, but I hesitate bc I'm so poor right now... On that note I have two questions for you guys!

1. What are your summer skating schedule? How many days a week do you guys typically skate in the summers? Any big goals? ;)

and

2. I will be back in NYC for most of the summer - is my only option to skate at Chelsea Piers (if I want to stay within manhattan? Or rather, I just want an easy/short commute by train...)

Thanks!

Skittl1321
05-18-2008, 09:05 PM
My goal: Get my knees back to normal. Learn the Dutch Waltz. Adjust to new blades (once I get them).

My schedule
Monday: At least every other week: 45 minutes practice
Tuesday: 1 hour teaching LTS, 30 minute group lesson. Depending on knees 30 minutes practice.
Wednesday: 1 hour Synchro
Saturday: 45 minute practice, Every other weekish 30 minute ice dance lesson. 30-60 minutes group lesson depending on knees. Sunday: 30 minute private every other week.

coskater64
05-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Intermediate free dance with only minimal bickering at coach/partner.:twisted:

RinkRat321
05-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Schedule:
monday - friday: 2hr practice
saturday: 1hr practice
monday, wednesday, friday: one 30 minute lesson ea.
monday, friday: 1hr off ice class
tuesdays: stroking class 30 min

goals:
get my 2lutz somewhat consistant
pass my juv moves (if I pass my pre juv on wednesday)
get my 2toe

jp1andOnly
05-18-2008, 09:49 PM
due to the fact I'll be renovating my new condo, I don't think I'll have a lot of time to skate this summer. I also will be working days which makes it difficult because most summer ice out here happens in the day. Not to mention I need $$ to reno :)

that being said...

1. get the freeskate re-choreographed (using same music but need new stuff)
2. Start working on interp.
3. Test/pass Sr. Bronze skills
4. Continue working on/improve, etc my jumps, spins, inbetweens

As for schedule....hopefully 2 days a week, if not 3. I have a couple weeks off (when I move and have to paint, etc) so I should be able to fit a few choreography sessions in

Summer will be a maintain time for me this year

singerskates
05-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Finding the cash to pay for the gas to get to skating all the way across town.

Finding a way to skate 3 days a week for 6 weeks at their expensive summer prices and keeping enough cash for registration of fall/winter skating on the intermediate ice at Skate Riverside or ralley the area adult figure, collegiate figure and 14+ power skaters to start a new club.

If I pass my Creative Dance or Baby Blues to finish the Prelim Dances and the Junior Bronze Fiesta Tango, I'll be starting to learn the Swing Dance and Willow to some time during the fall/winter season test them to finish with ice dance until I can no longer jump.

Hope to pass my prelim FS during summer skating, so that I can start working on my junior bronze FS so that next year at Adult Canadians I can compete in Adult Silver for a change. I'm sick of Adult Bronze.

Hoping to start officially working on the Lutz and Axel in the summer. I know it's going to be lots of those lovely loop/loop combos, lots of waltz/loops and back scratches. I'm willing to prove the nay sayers wrong.

Even though there is no ice for the month of June in the city in which I live, I'll be heading to a rink 2 times a week most times in June so that I keep up my skills for summer skating school. 6 weeks off is too much time off.

TreSk8sAZ
05-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Skating Schedule:
This year is different because I'm working at an air force base as a JAG intern, skating at a new rink, with a new coach, for 10 weeks. I'm skating 6 days a week until Saturdays go away. I skate every morning at 5:45 for 1 hr. I go back on Monday and Wednesday evening for 45 mins to 1 hr, and Saturdays I'm on 2 hours. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I'm at the fitness center on base after work.

Goals:
Getting used to my new blades (Just got new Phantoms)
Getting my doubles back
Getting spins more consistent and more complicated combos

jcookie1982
05-18-2008, 11:36 PM
I haven't gotten back into a schedule yet, but my goals are to be able to practice at least once a week and have 1 private lesson a week. I would love to be able to gain back everything that I had before I stopped skating due to pregnancy, and continue working on pre-bronze MIF and freestyle, so that I'll be able to test in the fall.

kander
05-18-2008, 11:58 PM
I don't like to make short term goals in skating because it's too unpredictable. Having said that, I'd like to stabalize my axel takeoff and get my double loop back. I probably won't get the loop, but the axel should happen.

littlerain
05-19-2008, 12:15 AM
Finding a way to skate 3 days a week for 6 weeks at their expensive summer prices and keeping enough cash for registration of fall/winter skating on the intermediate ice at Skate Riverside or ralley the area adult figure, collegiate figure and 14+ power skaters to start a new club.

do it!! =)

RachelSk8er
05-19-2008, 04:49 AM
We lose our 6-8am weekday ice for summer so I can't skate before work like I normally do :(. We have summer ice from 8-5 every day but that doesn't help me much with work. So I'm limited to:

6-8p Wednesday night (our only evening ice this year :()
9-11am Saturday morning

And I'm taking an hour off of work 8-9am once every 2nd or 3rd week to get a lesson from my coach since he's not at the Weds evening or Sat morning ice. Maybe I'll take a full half day here and there and skate, I'm not going on vacation or anything like that this summer.

Rusty Blades
05-19-2008, 04:51 AM
The plan is to skate 3 days a week. I LOVE summer skating because I hate the heat - the ultimate "air conditioning" LOL!

Before Nationals I told my coach I wanted to improve my Basics at summer school and left it to her to set the agenda - boy am I in for it! :mrgreen:

Terri C
05-19-2008, 06:39 AM
I'll keep to my 3-4 days a week training schedule (barring work and rink schedules) in order to make a smooth transition as possible from Pre Bronze to Bronze. I hope to have my first competitive experience as a Bronze lady in late September.

Mrs Redboots
05-19-2008, 07:11 AM
The Mountain Cup Camp starts today fortnight, and we will be there! Then the competition itself. Then home, and we have a rink/club competition the following Sunday, which we won't be competing in, but will be helping. Hopefully Bracknell Adult Open ten days after that, if the schedules come out before we go away, and then a couple of months to stabilise things before Bristol Adult Dance, assuming that happens at the beginning of September.

We would quite like to prepare and test our Level 1 Variation during the break, but whether that will happen will be another matter!

SynchroSk8r114
05-19-2008, 09:18 AM
My goals for this summer (May-August):

Jump:
- Eliminate scrape on my axel entrance
- More consistent double salchows
- Land a clean double toe loop
- Land a clean double loop
- Land a double-double combination
- Make progress on double flips

Spins:
- Keep improving my flying camel (positions, revolutions, speed, etc.)
- Improve positions, speed, and revolutions in my combination spins
- Improve position, speed, and revolutions in my layback
-Get a decent flying sit spin

Test:
- Test at least three of my Gold dances
- Pass my Argentine Tango
- Pass my Viennese Waltz
- Test/pass my Quickstep

Other:
- Learn the Westminster Waltz
- Start working on my Novice freestyle program
- Improve posture, expression, power, etc.
- Skate at least four days a week

Helen88
05-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Goals:

Jump Goals

Get my 3-/waltz jump - first achieved with correct entry/exit – Sunday 10th February 2008
Learn at least one single jump – first achieved – March 30th 2008 – first landed –
Land salchow

Spin Goals

At least 5 revs on my two-foot spin
At least 2 revs on my one-foot spin – first achieved – Sunday 21st February 2008
Get one-foot spin with correct entry and exit

Test Goals

Pass Skate UK Star Bronze
Silver
Gold
Pass my level 1 NISA MIF test in the summer

Other

Get down to the rink twice every week where possible
Get in shape
Stretch everyday
Try and do an additional 30 mins of cardio a week
Reduce scratching on my crossovers and progressives
Do at lest one full run through of my test every practice session

Schedule:

1hr on Sundays, including 1/2hr private
1 1/2 hrs on Thursdays

I'd love to up that but time/money/transport availability doesn't allow :(

Muskoka Skater
05-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Goals:

Tests:
-Star Light
-Killian
-Paso
-Blues
-Gold Artistic
-Sr.Silver Elements
-Sr.Silver Free Skate
-Pre.Novice Competitive

Other:
-Consitent Double Axel
-Flying Change Sit
-New Combination Spin
-New Sequence Jump

Schedule:
Monday 5:30-7:30pm
Wednesday 7-9pm
Friday 5:30-7:30pm

flying~camel
05-19-2008, 11:38 AM
My summer schedule is pretty similar to my winter schedule:

- 40 mins on Wednesday
- 2 hrs on Saturday

My goals are:

- Pass Silver moves & freestyle tests
- Improve all spins
- Get more height on jumps
- Improve speed
- Continue working on axel
- Start learning gold moves

Mel On Ice
05-19-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm currently skating on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and when I'm not judging, Saturdays. At best, that's 4 days a week, but it's usually only 3.

Current goals for the summer is to get my silver MIF quality enough to test in late fall, the 3 turns will be my downfall.

Another goals is to get my bronze competitive program put together in time to compete in August and/or September. I've got about 18 seconds of it put together, and it's pretty awesome!

With that of course comes learning new jump combos/sequences, spins and spin combos, footwork. I'm doing lutzes in combination and in sequences, but I know they're not good quality.

And I will be spending considerable time breaking in a new pair of boots and getting used to the hydro blades. Wheee, I'm getting skates with rockers!

frbskate63
05-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Hopefully Bracknell Adult Open ten days after that, if the schedules come out before we go away.
The Bracknell schedule has gone up on their website today.

Fiona

looplover
05-19-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm so confused about mine because now I'm interviewing for jobs in 2 different states (MA, NJ) and I have no idea of where I'll be living.

Regardless, goals for the summer include testing silver moves, trying to practice a little more and get that &**&#*&^(Q$)#(QIR) flip back, get a camel spin, and get my sit spin lower. Lately I've just been working on moves. I hope I can pass, but my 3 turn patterns don't have enough power right now.

Morgail
05-19-2008, 05:53 PM
My summer schedule:
Mon,Tues,Thurs, Fri: 50 minutes to an hour
Sat & Sun: 1 to 1 1/2 hours
no skating on Wed, and I'll probably take some Sundays or Saturdays off when something else is going on.

Summer Goals:
-NO INJURIES!!
-pass Cha Cha
-test Swing and Fiesta Tango
-improve Gold Moves
-get all single combos consistent, with good form and height
-check the salchow entrance already
-begin working on axel
-be able to do loops out of backspins
-get 3 rev back camel
-3 revs each on camel-back camel
-3 revs each on sit-back sit
-lower both sit and back sit
-3 rev back sit
-10 rev camel
-improve back flexibility
-get splits on both sides

Stormy
05-19-2008, 06:11 PM
I know I'm defintiely doing Sunday mornings 10-12 at my town rink, but I'm still trying to find ice time at rinks that aren't 40 minutes away. It's hard....gas prices are way too high right now for me to be driving that far a few times a week. My car only takes premium gas, to boot. :giveup:

But, I am going to try to:

-Pass Gold free in June, even though I don't technically need to since I passed Juvenile last year, but I want that test anyways!

-Significantly improve Novice moves, maybe test in early fall

-Get double sal not two footed. I can land it clean, but two footed every time.

-Keep improving on axel

-Faster spins, more revolutions, lower sitspins

-Vastly improve flexibility to get better spirals

-Rechoreograph Gold program...or possibly get new one, not sure yet

techskater
05-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Schedule:
Tuesdays Patch 6-6:30A, MIF 6:30-7A
Wednesdays: MIF/FS 6-7A
Thursdays: MIF/FS 6-7A
Fridays: MIF/FS 6-7:30A
Saturdays: MIF/FS 6-7:30A
Sundays: MIF/FS 6-8A
Off ice: Run 3X per week, Kickbox 1X per week

Goals:
Novice MIF ready to test by October
Finish rechoreographing program
Fix current jump woes
Get the new feature in spins

AgnesNitt
05-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Intermediate free dance with only minimal bickering at coach/partner.:twisted:

Yeah, I've observe that about ice dancers; thirty seconds of skating followed by five minutes of intense whispered conversation right in the middle of a hockey circle.

Once while I was practicing nearby I heard a female partner say loudly, "No, you're putting your foot here, it should be *here*!" I just moved away to the other end of the rink. Don't want to overhear ice dance fights. No way. They're worse than church choir wars.:roll:

Oh, yeah, my goal is to get my friend Jim, who is Freestyle 1 to do proper crossovers. He once fell and got a cut on the top of his head-- he's 6'3" how could he do that?--and he's been phobic ever since. My personal go is to not break an arm at Lake Placid Adult Skate Camp. I know I'm setting the bar low, but I like to achieve my goals, and right now mastering brackets doesn't look like it's going to happen.

FlyAndCrash
05-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Goals:
Pass my prejuv free (testing June 27)
Pass ISI FS 6
Learn juv moves
Get a semi-consistant double loop
Get a consistant double salchow
Learn a double toe (maybe...)

Fall/Winter: Pass juv moves and free
Have a consistant double salchow, double toe, and double loop
Compete in Juv and/or Intermediate short/free

Schedule:

Monday: Group lessons (High spins and FS 6) and off-ice
Friday: Private less (may be semi-private most probably mostly moves), practice ice, and off-ice
Some random day: private lesson

Skate@Delaware
05-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Well, I've thought about this since my doctor released me after my surgery (back). So, instead of doing skating hard-core, I'm working on getting stronger all over, especially my left leg which has become so weak.

I am also taking dance to get some grace, rhythm and style. I might skate one or twice just for fun but no jumps or spins.

When my rink re-opens in the fall, I will start fresh, strong, and ready to kick ice!

jazzpants
05-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Schedule:

Monday nights: 1.5 practice (except for Memorial Day... I'm gonna go for the freebie public session between 10-11am!!! :mrgreen: )

Wednesday morning: secondary coach
Thursday morning: primary coach

I am adding one other today. It will likely be Sunday afternoon though, though I'm aiming for Saturdays instead.

Summer Goals:
To get my crossovers, mohawks and forward 3's at higher speeds and make it really smooth....and smile while doing it :mrgreen: (even though I want to kill a skater or two at that moment!!! :twisted:)

Get my sit spin "my butt almost to the ice but not ON the ice" low.

Put together a brand new interp program! (Sorry guys! I'm shelving EWF for now until I learn how to "really skate." I'm gonna do something more "appropriate" for my skating level 'til then. :roll: )

Maybe get a consistent lutz??? (Dreaming, of course...) :roll:

ibreakhearts66
05-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Well, at this point, I'm not really sure what my summer skating schedule will be like. I need to find a job, but I need to find one that allows me to skate so that I can take my tests, as I really want to start coaching. I also need to see about scheduling my surgery (but that might just have to wait until winter).

Ideally, I will be able to skate all day once or twice a week, and then maybe be able to do weekend freestyles. We'll see...

Goals:
Get tested through juvenile. I know all of the moves and can do them pretty well, so I think this is possible. I'm not too worried about any of the fs tests, as I could probably pass my Junior FS on an average skating day.

Figure out the 2axel. Not necessarily get it consistent, but just figure out the rotation and the weight transfer and all of that.

Get an I-spin, Bielmann or victory spin.

Get my splits

Mrs Redboots
05-20-2008, 08:16 AM
The Bracknell schedule has gone up on their website today.

Fiona
Thanks - and I see the closing date isn't until the 14th, so even if it hadn't, we would have been able to enter! Excellent!

xofivebyfive
05-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Hm I skate every day for two hours in the summer, but I don't know if that will change this year because of my lyme.

but I want to land my axel and double loop and get my camel back to being 6 revolutions like it was in the fall.

momsk8er
05-20-2008, 12:38 PM
I hope to continue my present schedule of skating for an hour at least 3-4 times per week, and having one lesson per week. My goals:

- fix ongoing blade issue
- lower on sit spin (get to gym more often)
- more than one or two revs on camel spin (stop getting too much up on toepick)
- improve backspin
- leg higher on spiral (stretch at home)
- loop jump (not cheated)
- higher other jumps (practice jumps on the floor)
- pass Bronze MIF and Pre-Bronze free
- get all 4 back 3s so I can work on Silver moves.

peanutskates
05-20-2008, 12:52 PM
I have no skating in the summer :( but, like last summer, this is my chance to really improve my flexibility and off ice jumps. So:

*Practise Biellmann so the entry is easy and the leg is straight over the head
*Get side splits
*Higher spiral!!!
*Get split spiral
*Get that spiral where your upper body is leaning forward and on the side a bit, looking up at your raised leg (??)
*Y Spiral with cross-hold (opposite arm), straight over head

*Axel/loop
*All doubles (incl. axel!8-))
*All doubles/loop
*split jump
*stag jump

Mrs Redboots
05-20-2008, 01:31 PM
I have no skating in the summer :(

How come? Chelmsford stays open all year, I thought?

Kim to the Max
05-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Summer Schedule:

Before 6/13 -
Monday: Run or take the day off
Tuesday: Skate 1.5 hours
Wednesday: Run or take the day off
Thursday: Skate 1.5 hours
Friday: Run or take the day off
Wednesday or Friday: Skate AM 1-1.5 hours (for 1/2 hour lesson)
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Skate 1.5 hours

After 6/13 -
Monday: Skate 1.5 hours
Tuesday: Skate 1.5 hours
Wednesday: Skate 1.5 hours
Thursday: Skate 1.5 hours
Friday: Skate 1.5 hours
Wednesday/Friday: Skate 1-1.5 hours (for 1/2 hour lesson)
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Skate 1.5 hours

Goals:
*Break in boots
*Land axel (and have party when I do!!)
*Land double sal (even a couple would be nice!)
*Work on flying camel
*Work on combo spin - camel, layback, back sit
*Start program to test Juv freestyle

Rob Dean
05-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Summer begins after the EG Picken Pro-Am in DC in early June for me.

I don't have the schedule worked out yet, as primary coach and I haven't figured out when we're having lessons, and the practice schedule will flow from that.

I do have goals, though :) :

1) Try Willow Waltz test again

2) Learn Hickory Hoedown (finally; wanted to start level with hardest first, so've been working ten fox for a long time with a lenghty Willow digression)

3) Work bronze moves seriously again, with the intention of testing in late summer or early fall.

Rob

Rusty Blades
05-20-2008, 02:31 PM
GOOD GRIEF! I have only one goal and looking at all these lists makes me feel like a lazy sot! 8O

sk8tegirl06
05-20-2008, 02:45 PM
1. My first competition (6/26-29) :D

2. Successful Loop

3. Lower sit spin

4. Prelim. Alternating 3s

5. Flip/Lutz attempts

6. Flexibility

Gina10179202
05-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Bear in mind I am talking about my week long holiday, not a big summer one :D

Goals:

More consistent double sal.
Possibly get closer to 2toe or 2lutz. Maybe land, probably not.
More speed
Change position in layback.

Schedule:

Saturday: Hour long group lesson, hour practice. 8-10am
Sunday: /
Monday: Half hour private lesson, skate for maybe 1.5 hours. 5.30-?
Tuesday: Skating Camp (On Ice X2, Off Ice, Ballet) 6.30-10am
Wednesday: See Tuesday
Thursday: See Wednesday
Friday: 2 half hour group lessons. 4-8pm
Saturday: See last Saturday
Sunday: /

sue123
05-20-2008, 03:29 PM
I won't really have much time to skate, I have an internship that's 9-5 every Monday through Friday, and skating in the mornings is essentially useless for me. But, seeing as how I usually don't get a regular skating schedule, my goal is simply to get on the ice at least a couple times this summer. Although, my sister is forbidding me from skating for at least 4 weeks before her wedding, she doesn't want me to have any bruises or broken bones. It would ruin the pictures, see.

I do plan on stretching every day and doing more cardio type stuff, rollerblading, running, etc. and of course, swimming in the ocean. But that's not really a summer skating goal, is it?

doubletoe
05-20-2008, 04:08 PM
GOOD GRIEF! I have only one goal and looking at all these lists makes me feel like a lazy sot! 8O

One goal is enough if it's a big challenge and you meet it! I only have one goal, too: to skate a clean program in competition this summer. I'm doing 3 competitions so I have 3 chances, but I'd love to accomplish it on the first try so that I can go on to some new goals. . .

looplover
05-20-2008, 04:20 PM

Ha! Me too - as far as schedule...I'd like to increase it to 2x per week? :(

GordonSk8erBoi
05-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Summer goal: Take and pass APB Moves 7/27. Take my APB Freestyle in September if I can get my spin to 3+ revs.

Schedule (after rink schedule changes mid-June and I get back from my trip to Europe!):

Mondays 6:30 a.m. FS (1 hr, including 30 min lesson)
Tuesday 6 p.m. FS (45 min, including 30 min Figures lesson)
Wed. coffee club when I can (1 hr)
Thursday 7:45 a.m. FS (1 hr) (depending on how crowded it is)
Friday coffee club when I can (1 hr)
Sat. 8:40 FS (1 hr)
Sun afternoon public session (1 - 3 hrs)

Our rink has a half hour skating academy from 8:45 - 9:15 M-F during the summer, so the FS session before that becomes quite the zoo :-(, otherwise I'd try for that 7:45 timeslot all the time!

rlichtefeld
05-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Finding a time where my coach and I can both be at the rink. He is teaching summer school until June. Then, the rink goes to summer ice, and I won't be able to skate after work. And, won't be coming in the mornings. Oh well.

Also, finding days where my pairs partner and I are both in town!

Adult Pairs Camp in Chicago - July 12-13

Peach Classic in Atlanta - Aug 30-31

With running the Classic again this year, that's about all I can fit in.

Rob

RachelSk8er
05-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Finding a time where my coach and I can both be at the rink. He is teaching summer school until June. Then, the rink goes to summer ice, and I won't be able to skate after work. And, won't be coming in the mornings. Oh well.

Same here :( My coach directs our summer school and is only coaching from 8-5 M-F. The only days I can skate are Wednesdays 6-8 pm (that's the only evening ice) and our Saturday morning 9-11 ice time. :( We lose all our 6-8am ice until August. I'm going to see about taking an hour off of work every other week and skating one morning 8-9 and getting a half hour lesson in there. I really want to get through my junior MIF this summer, luckily it's not bad at this point and I can do a lot of work on my own.

Terri C
06-24-2008, 04:16 PM
My original plan has been thrown for a loop.
Being that my home rink, er soon to be ex- home rink is going to contract ice next week with some very outrageous pricing (if you want good drama, PM me), I may be only skating once or twice a week until the other rink near my house reopens in August.
Now I'll be on vacation the second week in July and will skate as much as possible then.
This really frustrates me because I've just moved up to Bronze and I was looking forward to a very exciting freshman year as a AN bound skater.

ETA: Contract pricing has been changed to a more affordable, consistent rate and I all I have to do is find out when my lessons with Seondary Coach will be!! Wheee and WHEW!!

LilJen
06-24-2008, 07:59 PM
I am being forced, FORCED I tell you, to rise at 5 am three times a week so I can skate at 6:15 for one 45-minute session. Half hour of that time is lesson, the rest is practice. Coach feels I can pass all three prelim dances (Dutch Waltz, Canasta Tango, Rhythm Blues), which does seem doable to me, as well as adult pre-bronze moves & freestyle, with a test session planned for 8/12. HOWEVER. . . those nasty 3-turns are giving me trouble, as are my spins (3 revolutions on 1 foot??? the other day my coach thought that perhaps we should explore going back to CCW spinning/jumping. That is how bad my spinning has been, for whatever reason, the last 2 weeks). I would very, very much like to pass PB moves & free, but I am very stuck on just those two things. I'll be really, really discouraged if they don't become consistent in the next 6 weeks.

We (synchro team) have a competition this Sat and that's it for synchro until September, so no more Sunday evening ice until then. I'll see how I do galumphing through my FS1 program and a footwork program.

momsk8er
06-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Goals for the Summer, or for the Year, if it takes that long:

- fix ongoing blade issue (almost - maybe it could go a little more to the outside)
- lower on sit spin (get to the gym more often)
- more than one or two revs on camel
- improve backspin
- spiral higher (stretch more)
- loop jump not cheated
- more height on other jumps
- pass pre-B free (done!)
- pass B moves
- get all 4 back 3s so I can start on Silver moves

*JennaD*
06-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Im skating Monday-Thursday, for about 2.5 hours a day...so I'll be on the ice a lot! I'm realyl excited! lol

My goals:

-better axel-loop
-get double salchow back
-clean double loop
-land double toe a couple times
-do an axel-half loop-double sal (my ultimate goal lol)
-more than 5 rotations on flying camel
-make my layback look like a layback :)
-pass Harris Tango and learn Killian
-learn all of junior silver skills (why are they so harddd????)

Kim to the Max
06-25-2008, 08:32 PM
My one and only goal:

* Land an axel that is fully rotated and on the toe...is that too much to ask for?

jazzpants
06-26-2008, 11:22 PM
My goals:

Finish up the choreography for my new interp.
Get new outfit for it. :P
Look nice skating to it!!! :P
Get back into practicing my technical program too!
Have a steady enough LUTZ to put in my technical program
Sit lower on the sit spin and stay seated for 4 or more rev.
Have good back power 3's at LEAST on the side where I do my loop!!! I want it in both my programs this year!!!

Skating Jessica
06-27-2008, 07:18 AM
My goals for this summer (May-August):

Jump:
- Eliminate scrape on my axel entrance
- More consistent double salchows
- Land a clean double toe loop
- Land a clean double loop
- Land a double-double combination
- Make progress on double flips

Spins:
- Keep improving my flying camel (positions, revolutions, speed, etc.)
- Improve positions, speed, and revolutions in my combination spins
- Improve position, speed, and revolutions in my layback
-Get a decent flying sit spin

Test:
- Test at least three of my Gold dances
- Pass my Argentine Tango
- Pass my Viennese Waltz
- Test/pass my Quickstep

Other:
- Learn the Westminster Waltz
- Start working on my Novice freestyle program
- Improve posture, expression, power, etc.
- Skate at least four days a week

Mrs Redboots
06-27-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm still waiting to her whether we have a competition at the beginning of September (I hope so), as this will impact our training schedule. Either way, we are taking July "off", and working on our Level 1 Variation rather than on any competitive stuff.

However, as I think we need to rejig our free dance, as it has twice been panned by the judges, we also need to spend time working on bits and pieces of it to see what it looks like.

celticprincess
06-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Goals For The Summer:
Jumps:
-Get nice height and consistant singles
-Land my axel
-Start my double salchow

Spins:
-Keep my scratch spin
-Try to straighten my free leg more on my sit spin
-Camel Spin(everything about it)
-Get my cool combo spin consistant
-Make my attitude spin even prettier
-Make up some cool looking spins and get them consistant
-Keep my flying broken leg spin(try to jump alittle higher and hold it longer)
-Try not to jump out of my backspin

Others:
-Choregraph my 'modern' artistic program
-Make it look pretty and unique
-Try to stretch more on my spirals..get free leg higher
-Make good use of my skating time
-Try to stretch my leg more on my beilman
-Get the more 'dancelike' moves consistant
-Perhaps start my 'spotlight' program
-Convince enough people at my club that we should have an actual theme to our show, rather than random numbers

I work 3-11 so Im lucky if I can skate consistantly once a week. I try for at least two times, so maybe my dad will allow me the car on my days off.