View Full Version : Creating magic or creating havoc: 18-24 May 2008

Mrs Redboots
05-18-2008, 09:46 AM
A skater said today that she was going to go and create some magic.... I half-misheard her and thought for a moment she was going to create havoc....

Magic: Ran through everything, although a bit interrupted due to too many ankle-biters on Sunday patch.

Havoc: Aforesaid ankle-biters; no lessons (coaches on holiday). Still haven't got a start for the Canadian cha-cha.

Helen88
05-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Haha I love the title :)

Magic:
Good session :) Spent some time working on my MIF, signed off Passport, coach said she'd enter my into the level 1 test when the date came up. Worked for a bit on jumps too...they were okay ;)

Havoc

:giveup:

I think there must be a competition or something coming up - lots of people on patch today, including some very good people I hadn't seen before...kept nearly crashing into them :oops:. It's really quite depressing sometimes, being one of the worst skaters there...but whatever, I love it :)

Somewhere in between:

Apparently my 'leggings' (old tracksuit tucked into leg warmers) aren't suitable to test in - so I've been instructed to get a skirt :D. I like the idea but I'm not quite sure I like the practicality of it...

*JennaD*
05-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Very magical:my axels were amazing yesterday and I'm finally getting the hang of my skills!!!

Havoc!!!!: my skills were rather interesting today..and I'm testing freestyle elements, solo, skills AND a dance on Thursday...starting to get nervous!!!! lol and because I'm testing so much, I've only been practicing test elements lately, so I haven't worked much on double loop and flip lately...:(

Skittl1321
05-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Magic Taught at my first birthday party today. Five of the kids couldn't skate and all but one eventually did really well on their own (both with and without the wall, but confident) and the last one eventually got over her fear and had fun, though she clung to a helper like crazy. But the birthday girl was in one of my very first snowplow classes and it was really neat to be there to help.

Havoc Gave hockey skates a try in preperation of Tuesdays lesson. I'm wearing a helmet for sure. I can "public skate" in them okay- even do teeny forward crossovers and very slow 3 turns, but backwards crossovers and any kind of actual skating and I fall down. I think the idea of getting us off our toes by putting us in hockey skates is a bad one. I think I put MORE of my weight onto the ball of my foot, because any weight on my heel and I start falling backwards. I tried a few two foot spins and after 2 revolutions one of my skates leans too far forward and there is no blade left. Guess that's a spinning on the toepick issue. I hit my knee once today- while working with the kids and one took me down- and that was not good. I have to find knee pads by Tuesday. Oh my god my knee! (see practice report from Sat.) The bruise is about 1.5" red and purple circle and a huge bump. It hurts so badly that I can't carry things upstairs. Even setting ice on it hurts.

Also- I'm ordering a blade Tuesday. I know I'm neurotic about this, but if you have a livejournal, vote in my poll :) and help me decide which one.
http://community.livejournal.com/skittles_skates/42203.html

dbny
05-18-2008, 06:18 PM
I think the idea of getting us off our toes by putting us in hockey skates is a bad one.

I think it's terrible! I would not do it, myself. Remember that hockey skaters are padded up all over, and you will not be. I've taught hockey basic skills, and a well padded adult can take a real pounding and feel no pain. Not so, a figure skating adult in hockey skates. I think it's an invitation to injury.

Speaking of which....

Havoc:
Not my own - a woman whose daughters I've taught decided to skate for herself about a month ago. This woman is 70 years old and had never skated before. I've been helping her just because I saw what she was doing and was afraid she would get hurt. She hasn't taken any lessons. Sure enough, today she fell and most likely broke her wrist (I have enough experience with that to be pretty sure). I had seen her earlier and told her, yet again, not to step ahead, but to pick her knees and feet straight up and down. I was happy to have been elsewhere when she fell. The injury side of coaching is really getting to me lately. I'm not afraid for myself, so much as for my students.

Magic:
Not really, but I guess knowing when to get off the ice belongs in this category. I was waiting for DD to finish up, and just skating around practicing odd things that are already pretty easy for me, when I lost my balance several times in just a few minutes. Hoping to have a real practice tomorrow, and hoping to be rested before then!

SkatingOnClouds
05-18-2008, 08:43 PM
TOTAL HAVOC

Our state championships technical comp on Saturday night.
I was so nervous, shaking so much I couldn't hold an attitude. Landed my first jump combo, flip/loop, ok, but then chickened on my lutz, held the entry too long (so it would've been a flip if I had landed it) fell. Managed to get up and pick up the program, but I really don't remember much about the rest of the program.

All my hard work, all my good skating, and I totally sabotaged myself by being too nervous to skate well. Once again I let the fear win :giveup:

A little magic
my daughter, who has come last in her previous 2 comps came 4th out of 5 this time. I was so pleased for her, as she really did try this time.

perhaps some Magic amongst the Havoc
despite my pathetic performance, I credit myself for enormous personal courage for getting out & skating there when I know I get so nervous.
I acknowledge my courage, and my determination to do it again.

In my daughter's weekly school newsletter was the quote: " courage is not always a roar. Sometimes it is the quite voice saying I will do better tomorrow".

kander
05-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Havoc: Had two nasty splats this weekend. Got some new bruises. Had a really bad fall today on a salchow. I violated a basic rule of jumping: never abondon a jump in the middle of the air. It usally ends in disaster. My reconstructed axel take off has suddenly gone south.

Magic: Toe loops have been fairly consistent lately. The last week or so I've felt good confidence with them. Despite overall bad axels, managed a couple good ones. Only 3 or 4 people on a 2 hour session this afternoon.

Mrs Redboots
05-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Apparently my 'leggings' (old tracksuit tucked into leg warmers) aren't suitable to test in - so I've been instructed to get a skirt :D. I like the idea but I'm not quite sure I like the practicality of it...

It might be worth asking your coach whether any of their other pupils will have a dress or skirt you can borrow for the occasion. Failing that, go to a dancewear store (there's one in Covent Garden that's very good, if you can get into central London; if not google or use Yellow Pages for one in your area - I think there's one in Crouch End, but may well be dreaming) and buy a plain wrap practice-skirt. If you need "flesh" coloured tights (as in European flesh-coloured!) rather than black, the dancewear shop can supply them but they're quite expensive; if you don't want to shell out on a pair at this stage, you can get suitable ones in John Lewis.

A little magic
my daughter, who has come last in her previous 2 comps came 4th out of 5 this time. I was so pleased for her, as she really did try this time.

perhaps some Magic amongst the Havoc
despite my pathetic performance, I credit myself for enormous personal courage for getting out & skating there when I know I get so nervous.
I acknowledge my courage, and my determination to do it again.

Hey, you were there, you were competing, and that makes you a winner. Also your daughter - and coming Not Last is a huge deal. Well done, both of you!

Thin-Ice
05-19-2008, 08:07 AM
TOTAL HAVOC
Our state championships technical comp on Saturday night.
I was so nervous, shaking so much I couldn't hold an attitude. Landed my first jump combo, flip/loop, ok, but then chickened on my lutz, held the entry too long (so it would've been a flip if I had landed it) fell. Managed to get up and pick up the program, but I really don't remember much about the rest of the program.

All my hard work, all my good skating, and I totally sabotaged myself by being too nervous to skate well. Once again I let the fear win :giveup:

At least you went out and did the best you could at that moment. Competing and testing are skills just as much as landing a jump. The only way I know to get better at those skills is to put yourself out there to be judged. Most people don't have the courage to get out on the ice, let alone compete. Give yourself more credit than you did. Consider this a learning experience.

Also congratulations to your daughter. My big goals at most competitions are to 1) Start with the music, 2) end with the music, 3) smile at least once and the one I have absolutely NO control over is 4) to get at least one not-last-place ordinal. ;)

Helen88
05-19-2008, 11:06 AM
It might be worth asking your coach whether any of their other pupils will have a dress or skirt you can borrow for the occasion. Failing that, go to a dancewear store (there's one in Covent Garden that's very good, if you can get into central London; if not google or use Yellow Pages for one in your area - I think there's one in Crouch End, but may well be dreaming) and buy a plain wrap practice-skirt. If you need "flesh" coloured tights (as in European flesh-coloured!) rather than black, the dancewear shop can supply them but they're quite expensive; if you don't want to shell out on a pair at this stage, you can get suitable ones in John Lewis.

Thanks, I'll have to look into that.

coskater64
05-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Magic: I was at the rink and noticed I had a little spring in my step as I was doing my very light jogging. I tried a waltz jump, then a salchow on land instead of my little ones a did nice regular sized jumps. They didn't hurt, did a loop, flip and lutz all good nice height. Then I thought why not, did a bell axel or two then looked at my coach and tried a nice small axel, worked well, did 3 nice big axels with no pain. I am very happy especially since I didn't think my new hip would be able to take the landing until August or so.

Havoc:While the hip can take the weight of the jumps the deep edges with extension are a totally different issue. It is very difficult to hold the deep edge on the foxtrot #4 and I always list with partner, solo it is fine. I am very frustrated as I have worked very hard to get the big mohawk on the end pattern correct and I still struggle with this one section. I am very close to quitting dance at the end of the summer.:evil:

FlyAndCrash
05-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Magic:
We worked on twizzles, cross-over inside-edge (same lobe), and forward cross strokes. And they all worked! Well, kind of. I don't "generate power" on my inside edges or cross strokes and the twizzles were amazingly slow traveling down the side, but they welt decent. And there were not major technical issues brought up by my coach.

Havoc:
I was loose and wimpy again today. In my program run-thru, I fell out of all of my spins and stag jump. Not to mention forgetting the lst portion of my program.

Magic:
My test date of June 27 is all but set in stone. My coach is convinced that I'll be ready. My only concern is the camel (both solo and in the camel-sit). There was a reason I spent a long time in FS 5, and it wasn't because of the axel...

Havoc:
We worked on my axels again for the first time in about a month. Wow, they sucked, majorly. I am lacking a roll-up onto the toe pick and upper body control... I really need to work on my core. My coach assigned my 25 push-ups alternating days and 2 bent arm holds (that hurt really bad!). I guess I have to add crunches to that. It has been so long since I've seriously worked on my core or arms.

Magic:
I landed a few axels at speed. They didn't look pretty or had great technique, but I did land a few. Hopefully, I can land better ones on Friday, so we can move on to double sals again.

singerskates
05-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Creating Magic:
Started working on Baby Blues again since it looks like they will have the wrong judge at test day. After working on my Fiesta Tango and the Prelim Creative Dance all this time, the Baby Blues was really easy to do. All I have to do now is wip out the music and get with the beat of the Baby Blues getting it in my system and it will be an easy pass. That means at the end of May I will have finally pass the last of the prelim required dances. I may, if the opportunity comes in the future with the right level judge, test the Prelim Creative Dance as well but that will be just for fun. The Fiesta Tango is really coming together except I have one issue. I also danced my Creative Dance just in case I do get the right judge on test day.

I did the first hour just on the dances since that's what I'm testing at the end of the month. But after doing dance for the first hour, my freeskate elements were much much easier and consistant. Maybe, I won't leave ice dance until the end any more.

Creative Havoc: Forgetting to do the cross while going backwards before stepping forward on the Fiesta Tango. I don't know why I have no problem doing that cross when freeskating but when I ice dance I have a mental block. I know I can do the steps but it's going to take me more repetition to cement it in. Then there's the loop. Why is it that when I'm right next to the boards, I do a perfectly clean loops with a nice delay unwrapping the freeleg on the landing. Yet as soon as I get away from the boards, I can't seem to hold my freeleg up across the skating leg after take off never mind until I've fully landed. I attempted the loop from both the RI3 and the RI op Mo to RBx and somehow the freeleg gets too far out to the left in the air causing me to ether touch down with the free foot or land on two feet.

Ran out of time to play with the spiral sequence today or to work on the flip and lutz. Never touched the camel or back spin today either. Didn't get to play with change of edge on the forward upright or the sit.

Brigitte Laskowski

Rusty Blades
05-20-2008, 04:29 AM
This woman is 70 years old and had never skated before ... she fell and most likely broke her wrist....

Sorry to hear that! As a beginner at 56 and having been beat in my last competition by a 72 year old :roll: I love seeing "mature" people take up the sport.

I wonder why she doesn't get a coach?

Mrs Redboots
05-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Havoc:While the hip can take the weight of the jumps the deep edges with extension are a totally different issue. It is very difficult to hold the deep edge on the foxtrot #4 and I always list with partner, solo it is fine. I am very frustrated as I have worked very hard to get the big mohawk on the end pattern correct and I still struggle with this one section. I am very close to quitting dance at the end of the summer.:evil:Don't you dare! That edge is a b*gg*r at the best of times, and one of the main reasons I don't do the Foxtrot much (that and Coach2 suggests that I don't try partnering it with Husband just yet as - er - he finds the dance rather challenging still!).

As for us, today, the sixth last practice before the Mountain Cup:

Magic: Few people skating, and no ankle-biters (they don't do that session); we were able to run through everything.

Havoc: The only coach who was in doesn't have a music player, so although we were able to use the rink's, we had to use our own music - and I only have appallingly awful recreational dance music, except for the Canadian Cha-cha! Really rather cringe-making.... but better than nothing. Dutch Waltz horrendously out of time. And we made a nonsense of the spin exit and missed the "Torvill & Dean" steps afterwards, which are not a strong part of our free dance at the best of times. When we tried again, Husband b*gg*r*d up the backspin as "he was trying to stand more upright!" He does that on the day, I'll kill him!

jazzpants
05-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Creating Magic:

Working on crossovers!!! They are looking better. Hubby went to the primary coach's hair salon on Saturday and he (primary coach) did acknowledge that the crossovers are getting better. Must keep up with it until it's effortless and on "auto-pilot."
A very good jump day! Loop, loop-loop, flip and lutz are still there!!! :mrgreen:
Good backspin, one foot spin day too.Creating Havoc:
Sit spins - I'm working on getting it down all the way down low to the ground now. I have to work on leg strength to go down more PLUS I have to work on leg strength keeping the free leg UP!!! Seems with my new "height" off the ground that I really have to lift that free leg so it would touch the ground!!! :evil:
Camels: :frus: (Nuf said...)
Am going to change interp program for this year. EWF was fun, but I'm realizing that EWF is more of a "show skater's" tune and I don't quite the skater's skills to do a "show skater's" tune... so I'm looking to see if I could find something that I can use with that new Frieda B dress that I just got! :mrgreen: (Or another dress I have hanging in the closet...)

momsk8er
05-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Creating havoc: okay, just when I think my jumps are really good, my coach takes them apart and makes me do them differently. Now he has me doing a sal from a mohawk - eek, I can barely do that! Have to grind to a halt before I can jump. Any tips?

Spins still having an issue with my blade placement. Can't get in the right spot on my blade after the snap. Don't know if its the blade or me. Or maybe I just need a sharpening. Frustrating.

Tried the suggestions for a show stop, and couldn't really do it. Hard to push the foot out, I keep catching it. I guess that's what the practice is all about.

Magic: Moves are going well. Endurance is up. Loop jump is a jump. Even if small and cheated, I'm landing it on one foot!!

doubletoe
05-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Creating havoc: okay, just when I think my jumps are really good, my coach takes them apart and makes me do them differently. Now he has me doing a sal from a mohawk - eek, I can barely do that! Have to grind to a halt before I can jump. Any tips?

As you step down onto the LBI takeoff edge, bend your left knee immediately and deeply (don't step down onto a straight leg and then bend the knee). Also, try to feel tension in your right arm and leg as you hold them back at 5:00, then scoop and spring up off the toe.

dbny
05-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Sorry to hear that! As a beginner at 56 and having been beat in my last competition by a 72 year old :roll: I love seeing "mature" people take up the sport.

I wonder why she doesn't get a coach?

It wouldn't have made any difference unless the coach was right beside her when it happened. I've worked with her enough for free that I could see she wasn't getting it. Wish I had told her to quit.

You, BTW, are not a beginner at 56. Even though many years have gone by, you were a skater as a kid, and that does make a big difference. I can always tell if someone has skated before. Even roller blading makes a big difference.

Not Quite Magic:
Had a lesson today with "substitute" coach. It might have been magic except that I was too tired. We did threes on the line, which, once again, are improving ever so slightly. FO waltz threes were a bit better than last week. We did F and B cross strokes. Positive comments on both, and then I was asked to push my free shoulder back to deepen the BO edges. This worked better on my L than R, but it was fun and new to me. It may explain why I have always found the circle exercise (3 crosses, complete circle, continue in opposite direction, etc.) so difficult on the B cross strokes. Will try it next time there is empty ice.

Havoc:
Sooo tired, and still so much to do before leaving tomorrow afternoon for Chicago. Felt very stiff on the ice today, maybe because of the weather - cold and wet!

Terri C
05-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Creating Magic:
My flip attempts on lesson today. Coach was pleased. I feel like I now have "licence" to go for it.
Sitspin is getting lower!

Creating Havoc:
The camel spin is going to be havoc for awhile. My free leg is looking like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant, according to Secondary Coach.

Rusty Blades
05-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Havoc: Last night's sleep ..... what sleep? Woke up every hour or two and TIRED this morning!

(Almost) Magic: I found just how far I can push a 5/16 RoH on hard ice (and the ice was REALLY hard this morning!) - can't quite get the edge of the boot on the ice before the edge starts to skid but still WAY deep outside edge. Made myself dizzy doing FAST FXO's on a 8 foot circle - LOL!

Upright spins are starting to come back (after they vanished during my 2-week mega-cold)

Back edges continue to improve - almost got CW BXO's, almost!

Havoc: My it's amazing how fast something vanishes if you don't practice it! FI edges STUNK!

Havoc: The rest of the day at work! :giveup:

RinkRat321
05-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Magic:
landed a clean 2lutz today :)
a coach came up to me just to tell me that I have really improved in my skating lately and that overall my skating looks really great
i-spins were fast and centered
moves weren't too bad

havoc:
I was really tired during my whole lesson because I skated longer than normal before it so I didn't have much energy to do doubles
pre juv moves test tomorrow. im so nervous:??

ibreakhearts66
05-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Magic:

good luck! i doubt you'll need at, as your videos look great, but still, good luck!

Thin-Ice
05-21-2008, 02:59 AM

Good luck!!! We'll be pulling for you to do well. Let us know how it goes as soon as you can!

Clare
05-21-2008, 04:56 AM
Havoc!:
- My apparent inability to do the Rhythm Blues or the Golden Skaters' Waltz without completely mixing the two up and creating a whole new dance! This morning I forgot to wide step in the GSW then threw a forward run into the RB where there isn't one. Dear me.
-FI3s which were starting to get better have disappeared again.

Magic :):
-I love the Dutch Waltz, I really do and I finally seem to be gaining control over my creeping shoulder as well as actually cracking the timing at last, which really was what I was struggling with. So, I'm happy with that.
-Back outside edges which, given my terror of all things backwards, is nothing short of a miracle. As usual, my easily fooled brain is quite happy doing these as long as I am holding my coach's finger so he is now going to make me do them on Friday holding a hockey stick in front of me as his theory is that I will think I'm being helped because I'm holding on to something. We'll see...

Mrs Redboots
05-21-2008, 05:53 AM
he is now going to make me do them on Friday holding a hockey stick in front of me as his theory is that I will think I'm being helped because I'm holding on to something. We'll see...What is it with your coach and hockey sticks this week? He was making another skater use one to get in the right position - well, you saw. I wonder if it's his new toy?

As for me/us:

Havoc: We were both really tired and back-achey this morning, so decided to relax and not push things too hard. Partly because I was tired, my rocker-bracket decided to regress to the bum-sticking-out-scrapey job it used to be!

We need to work on the slalom in our cha-cha, which isn't accelerating as it should and feels awkward.

Magic: We got a good start to our Cha-cha; pleased with that. We also started work on the Riverside Rhumba, and there doesn't seem much wrong with it, except we nearly ran out of rink! Thank goodness Bracknell is an Olympic-sized rink.

Husband pulled off the best camel spin I've ever seen him do. 5 revolutions, his leg was parallel, and he exited it properly! I said "Leave it. Don't even think about trying another one!" He said he'd remembered what his coach had told him to do.... and did it! (This makes a change!).

isakswings
05-21-2008, 06:11 AM
I'm saying magic. I passed up to "advanced adult". YAY me!

momsk8er
05-21-2008, 08:56 AM
As you step down onto the LBI takeoff edge, bend your left knee immediately and deeply (don't step down onto a straight leg and then bend the knee). Also, try to feel tension in your right arm and leg as you hold them back at 5:00, then scoop and spring up off the toe.

Thanks, Doubletoe, I'll try that today!

RinkRat321
05-21-2008, 04:48 PM
magic:

passed my pre juv moves today!! :D
I landed a really good double lutz
my coach gave me the biggest compliment
imm happy

havoc:
fell during my pre juv warm up haha. it was pretty embarassing and obviously terribly nerve wrecking
my friend didn't pass her pre juv moves :(

jazzpants
05-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Creating Magic:
Crossovers are better!!! Even the back ones!!! Got corrected in keeping the free leg straight and locked after the push under. I'm gonna keep working on those until the cows come home though. :twisted: (Or at least 'til I know that those crossovers becomes effortless and STILL look like real crossovers.)

Creating Havoc:
My secondary coach....who is creating havoc out of my back by turning me into a human pretzel!!! She had me tried a Chinese spiral (not a catch foot where it's same side leg and arm, but different side arm to leg.) Trying to grab the blade w/o falling off my skating leg is already scary enough as is... but pulling it up and arching the back and lifting the free leg up too??? AI YI YI.... 8O

She also learns that my Figure Skating PT is already on the case for stretching my back so I get more arch for this move and other things (coach hints at a layback spin for me) and is pleased that they're both on the same brainwave and they "haven't even talked to each other about it... :twisted: " (Seriously though, I'm very happy to have my Figure Skating PT! VERY blessed!!!)

Needless to say, I'll be working on these the next few months. Wish me luck...in NOT ending up in the hospital or the ER!!! :giveup: (And like NoVa Sk8r, my chiro is on speed dial and voice recognition... :lol: )

Congrats RinkRat321!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

FlyAndCrash
05-21-2008, 05:07 PM
magic:

Congrats! Passing pre-juv moves is awsome!!

Skittl1321
05-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Congrats RinkRat!

ibreakhearts66
05-21-2008, 11:01 PM
magic:

congrats! I knew you could.

Ok. Today's session (first time skating in a week).

Creating Magic
I did a lot of work on double axels with another girl at the rink. She is a really good, high level skater, so it was a major compliment that she asked to work on them with me. She said that I have a really nice, really strong take-off, and that every time I take off she thinks I'm going to do a perfect 2axel. She also said I have really good air positions and that I would land the jump perfectly if I would just trust myself and stay in. Some of my attempts really did feel good. Apparently I did one where I wwas still feet off the ice and only had 1/4 of a rotation left (but I opened up early, naturally). For her to tell me that it was looking really nice gave me hope that maybe this jump isn't out of reach for me.

I got to see a video of my camel spin--it's pretty :D the rest of the combo spin--not so much, but the camel was nice. i'll post the video once it uploads

saw video of some of my jumps--they're not as ugly as i thought they were!

creating havoc
my back sit. ew. i didn't think it was that bad (again, video)

double sal double loops were just not working for me today. i did a few decent ones, but for the most part, yuck.

my leg was really bothering me today. i'm starting to wonder if the jackson proflex boots might be good for me...

jcookie1982
05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
magic:

Congrats!!

ibreakhearts66
05-21-2008, 11:15 PM
video--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNHSYg92Y4o

singerskates
05-22-2008, 02:31 AM
Creating Magic: I was thinking of what my coach was showing me on Tuesday for the forward crosscuts and also remembered what I saw in one of the skating videos I taped of Jeffery Buttle today when I tried and succeeded at doing my forward crosscuts by not lifting the outter skating foot off of the ice and just doing half snowmen with the outter foot and slicing from the inside across behind the outter leg. It's incredible how much speed you get doing crosscuts this way. And I don't have a chance at going up on my toe pick either. Solves that problem. Now I have to get doing this in both directions backwards. No wonder Jeffery and my coach can zip across the ice so fast! :o

Sort of Creating a magical havoc (in other words a bit of both): I was going for my loop jump today at the Adult session (happens only once a week; I skate on the open kids' session during the day mostly for spring) and got all of the 20 or so loop jumps I tried to fully rotate (magical). But what was a havoc was that none of them were clean. It was 50/50 for me on how I landed them. Either they were on one foot and I ended up doing a loose backspin (reminded me of that commercial where an elderly person would say "I've fallen and I can't get up." so I said to my adult skater friends at the rink, "I've landed and I can't get out." LOL or I'd check out and had a touch down with the free foot. So mad that I still have not gotten them clean yet :evil:

Didn't try to do a backspin on purpose or a camel spin today because I ran out of time looking for "floor mats with the 2002 Corvette logo" online before heading to the rink at a place where I can drive to and purchase them for my husband for Father's Day (He just bought a black 2002 Corvette in mint condition for himself.) Anyone in the Detroit/Windsor area know where I can get a pair of "floor mats with the 2002 Corvette logo" for around $75 or less (rubber perferred)?

Mrs Redboots
05-22-2008, 03:09 AM
I'm saying magic. I passed up to "advanced adult". YAY me!

magic:

Congratulations, both of you!

Skittl1321
05-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Not really magic or havoc. Skating this Tuesday I was just pretty apathetic about the whole thing.

Tuesday was my hockey skate lesson. We did 15 minutes on hockey skates, the changed into figure skates to work on crossovers. Starting with stroking down the rink, then working on forward crossovers.

Notes: It didn't go too badly for me, but the rest of the class fell a lot. I had practiced before the lesson though, and fell then- so I think I just got it out of the way and knew my limit. The idea was to show us how to get power to stroke/cross without using a toepick. I don't think any of us toe push, but we drag them and they slow us down.

I'm not sure if that was what I took from the lesson. Because of the way I have to hold my weight on the hockey skates I felt like I was putting more pressure then ever on the front of my foot to not fall backwards.

What I did take from the hockey skates though is that if I just bend my knees progressives will be SO much easier. The hockey skates were SO loose that I couldn't NOT bend my knees- the ankles had as much flexibility as if they were barefoot. Of course, this is going to be way more difficult in my regular boots, but now I know it's ankle flexibility and not "my knees don't do that".

I also need to start doing progressives for group lessons. Group instructor has always asked for crossovers but in the hockey skates stressed the importance of setting the foot down then gliding it in front. When I asked him if he wanted progressives, he said they were the same thing. So alas- from him, crossover = progressive, from dance coach crossover != progressive :)

Had a bunch of the synchro team over for dinner last night. We start back in 2 weeks for power/moves until work until the fall. I need to start stretching more often, as it sounds like we have some pretty high ambitions that include a lot of flexible skaters.

coskater64
05-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Well it appears that I had some magic happen. Finally passed European Waltz and the dreaded Foxtrot. So...I can't quit dance. Coach is soooo sad!:twisted:

doubletoe
05-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Well it appears that I had some magic happen. Finally passed European Waltz and the dreaded Foxtrot. So...I can't quit dance. Coach is soooo sad!:twisted:

CONGRATULATIONS!! :bow: You know, you sure have passed a lot of tests. . . How many tests have you passed altogether, including MIF, FS, dance, etc.?

Helen88
05-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Havoc:
The beginning of today's skate was pretty cr@py really. Busy, carved up ice, and my legs were exhausted for some reason. Plus, I kept retying my skates because they didn't feel right. They were always either too loose or too tight. And I was getting frustrated with my salchow because it wasn't happening but I couldn't work out what I was doing wrong...

Magic:
...until the last ten minutes!! Turned out, I was coming out of the 3-turn with my foot checked, like I was indeed coming out of a 3-turn, rather than having it looser and swinging round, rotating and preparing to jump. So I was really pleased with myself. I don't think I can say I've 'landed' it yet, as it's more of a hop and I'm looking down, but at least I know what was wrong :D

doubletoe
05-22-2008, 01:18 PM
magic:

Way to go! On to Juvenile MIF! :D

Mrs Redboots
05-22-2008, 02:27 PM

Congratulations!

See you soon.

coskater64
05-22-2008, 02:33 PM
12 dance tests
2-standard track moves, int, and nov
4 adult fm, 4 adult fs tests, 3 standard fs tests prelim juv and int
3 figure tests, I don't even want to add up the attempts I think my second and my novice I passed on the 5th or 4th try, same with the Euro and Fox.

I skate way to much!!

See ya soon!!:o

doubletoe
05-22-2008, 04:43 PM
12 dance tests
2-standard track moves, int, and nov
4 adult fm, 4 adult fs tests, 3 standard fs tests prelim juv and int
3 figure tests, I don't even want to add up the attempts I think my second and my novice I passed on the 5th or 4th try, same with the Euro and Fox.

Wow, you are one sick puppy! 8O

coskater64
05-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Yes I am, but I am a happy puppy...will try the Jr moves in July or August the silver dances in June and until I pass them. I think it was actually 4 figure tests. What made me so happy today was that I had been trapped on these dances because of the hip, so I finally seem to be gaining strength it gives me hope that all will be well again soon. :D

Terri C
05-22-2008, 06:45 PM
It was all havoc today.
It was that we had a problem with the ice getting cut before the freestyle session started.

Today the ice looked as if no one had been on it when I stepped on. Then the feeling.... the ice was soft. Unfortunately it was sooo soft it was also wet too.
After falling out of a scratch spin and no sitspin, I knew that it would not be a day to try the camel.
So I started to jump. Waltz jump no problem, salchow no problem, toe loop- cannot even get the edging on the three turn right- fell again and my pants were soaked along with everyone else's.
So I resigned myself to stroking only and will be back at the other rink Saturday am- ready to go.

jazzpants
05-22-2008, 06:46 PM
coskater64: I agree with doubletoe... you ARE one sick puppy!!! 8O (Not that there's anything wrong with sick puppies... and certainly I give my :bow: to you there!!!)

LOTS of Havoc: :twisted:

I have been practicing BI3's and by itself it's looking okay. However, primary coach was evil today and suggested this footwork sequence to practice all the footwork. (Have no idea if this is a ISI thing or not, so forgive me for not knowing...) On a circle, do a FI3, BO mohawk to a FO3, change foot to a BO and do a BO3 FI mohawk to a BI edge and do a BI3. Repeat on other side!

It's SPEED DRILLING TIME!!! LOTS of FAST stroking, mohawk and crossover time!!! And yes, primary coach is skating along with me, so he has to also hustle along with me and drag me around the rink fast too!!! The RFI mohawks are a bit scary for me at speed and he had to force me to go on a deeper edge. But the funny part was after the first few speed drills, primary coach had his fingers on his neck feeling for his pulse. I asked "Oh, measuring your heart rate?" He said "No, making sure I'm still ALIVE there!!! 8O " (I was breathing hard but wasn't dying yet... so nyah nyah! I'm in better cardio shape than HIM!!! :P :twisted: )

Shoot the ducks: fell a lot on those, especially when I tried to go backwards on them. And oh, I have to make sure the free foot is turned too!!! (which of course, affect my hip position and throws me off my nice squared hip position causing the inevitable splat...) Needless to say, I have laundry to do this weekend! :twisted:

Magic:

Had a couple of good forward shoot the ducks and the last back shoot the duck was decent enough that primary coach was "encouraged."

I came off the ice after the torture session to a few coffee club people saying how fast/good I looked out there with primary coach dragging me along on the crossovers. One even said that I looked like a "professional!!!" 8O (Makes me wish someone out there had videotaped it. :frus:.) They also commented that I've came a long way too, so I'm glad that I'm still on the right track there. :bow:

doubletoe
05-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Yes I am, but I am a happy puppy...will try the Jr moves in July or August the silver dances in June and until I pass them. I think it was actually 4 figure tests. What made me so happy today was that I had been trapped on these dances because of the hip, so I finally seem to be gaining strength it gives me hope that all will be well again soon. :D

I am thrilled to hear it! Sounds like you will be 100% back next season! :)

Thin-Ice
05-23-2008, 03:07 AM
Well it appears that I had some magic happen. Finally passed European Waltz and the dreaded Foxtrot.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

singerskates
05-23-2008, 03:08 AM

Glad you're feeling stronger and better. Now you can start having fun out on the ice without feeling like you'll fall apart. Go get'em tiger! RRRRRrrrrrr! Congratulations on passing your tests!

Hope I pass my dance test next week. I've decided not to test the Fiesta Tango this time out because I keep having a metal block on the cross that comes after the back edges before turning forward. Yup, it's silly because I have no problem doing this step if I'm freeskating. I have to train my brain and my body to do what is needed so that I don't have to think about it. The rest of the other steps are easy for me.

singerskates
05-23-2008, 03:28 AM
Creating Magic out of Havoc:

For starters, looks like I am stuck testing the Baby Blues next week instead of my Creative Dance but oh well, after skating it for 3 days after not doing it for 2 or 3 years, it's coming together. Tomorrow, I'll be having it partnered by my coach. I'll be practicing off-ice the timing with my copy of the music at home. I want to be spot on timing wise because I've got the rest.

Now Just the Magic: I finally finished cutting my 2008-2009 Freeskating music to the music of George Fenton's Ever After. I must have done about 30 or 40 versions of it until I came up with one that I truely liked and sounded good. Coach got his copy today after I was done skating at the rink I was at when I drove it to the rink at which he was coaching today. I skated to my music just for the fun of it to break up the dance practice about 3 times. I can definately feel where the jumps, footwork, spiral sequence and field moves should go. Now to wait and see if my coach has the same ideas. I'll be learning new things to put in my freeskate that I've not done before. Help on that though!

At this point it will be another Adult Bronze FS but if my jumps keep coming and I at least get my camel to work, I'd like to skate up to Adult Silver in my US competitions in which I'll compete in the early fall. For Adult Canadians, I'm going to wait until I actually pass the Junior Bronze FS before moving up as CPC is much more sobbering mark wise.

I only did 3 loops today, all in my new program run throughs, and they all were landed on one foot; 2 I had the "I've landed and I can't get out" commercial (LOL) and the other was landed on one foot with an exit starting and then I did a little hop (no touching down) and then brought the freeleg through. I can feel that it won't be long until it will be completely clean. Then it's on to cleaning up the flip and lutz and then getting all my combo's to be other jump/loop and the backspin before playing with the Axel and 2 Salchow like I was doing 3 years ago. Gees time goes by so fast!

Rusty Blades
05-23-2008, 05:45 AM
For yesterday....

Magic: Well, maybe minor prestidigitation .... Good workout on back edges. Spins are slowly coming back. Waltz jumps aren’t bad (why couldn’t I do that in competition!) and Toe Loops were sort-of happening.

Pending Havoc: Much discussion about June ice. Head Coach would like to see a coach present for all sessions but no one is available. She doesn't want anyone skating alone (on 7 a.m. session) and might just close it down for June. Don’t know if June ice is going to happen or not....

P.S. Magic: The staff schedule changed at our rink and the head Zam operator is on before our 7 a.m. session starts. He and I get along really well and usually have a discussion of ice conditions at rink-side before I do my warm-up. If the ice isn't perfect, it gets another flood before we start.

donnabella
05-23-2008, 07:18 AM
MAGIC pain free back crossovers - now I can finally relax into them and not hold so much tension in my back, a big relief!

HAVOC back spirals............scary biscuits, they make me shiver with fear!

Donna x

*waves* at Clare0 and Mrs Redboots!:o

FlyAndCrash
05-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Magic: My program run-thru was passing today! First passing run-thru ever!!!! Now if I can only remember to do the choreography and hit the bangs... oh well, my coach and I were both pleased with it.

Havoc: I had to do soooo many push-ups today... 10 for a warm-up. 10 more for slacking on my warm-up. 5 more for forgetting to finish a super crappy spin... OWWW! I hate push-ups!!!!!

Magic: My backspin came back today. And my backspin-loop-backspin. Yay! I also did a very decent axle and got to work on double sals again today. It has been a very very very long time since I have even attempted a single.

Havoc: My coach approached the idea of adding a sal-toe or a flip-toe to my program... I hate hate hate toe-loops almost as much as I hate push-ups or laybacks.They almost never feel "correct" when I'm doing them. Salchows aren't really my friend either. Anyways, there is nowhere to put the extra jumping pass, so it didn't make the cut.

Havoc to Magic: My jumps also started really funky today... Off balance entrances and weird air positions. It all got fixed though, and everything became fairly easy. :yum:

Mrs Redboots
05-23-2008, 10:13 AM
HAVOC back spirals............scary biscuits, they make me shiver with fear!

Donna x

*waves* at Clare0 and Mrs Redboots!:o

Welcome, Donna! It's not one's own back spirals that are scary - they're an easy-enough move; it's other people's, as they can't see where you are!

Magic: Fantastic ice this morning, what Clare calls "lemonade ice lolly" ice.... Ran through everything, all reasonable. Now have a good start for Canadian Cha-cha. Still working on starts for the other dances - we know what we're doing; it's doing it well that is the problem!

Havoc: Encouraged by this, and by the fact that they need as many entries as they can get for Oxford Seniors, I had a go at a solo Rhythm Blues and Golden Skaters' Waltz. Oh dear.... slow, tentative, shoulders all over the place, goodness alone knows where my free leg was, but I'm quite sure it wasn't where it should have been..... Not good. Very not good. Well, if I let myself be talked into doing it, it will give everybody a good laugh, I suppose....

looplover
05-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Magic: My silver three turn patterns improved in terms of power this morning after my coach had me working on inside edges again. Nowhere near testing these, but that was some progress! I did a decent loop, I'm glad those are consistent now.

Havoc: That dreaded RBI three...I'm on the toe, I'm on the back of the blade (yikes!) - and I have some fear with this one too. They are ok when I do them verrrrrry slow and small, lol. Couldn't do a sit spin whatsoever again, it's gone on vacation. I know I'm not practicing enough so I have to practice more. Oh and spirals...havoc

*JennaD*
05-23-2008, 05:37 PM
magic: yesterday, I passed my freestyle elements, solo, senior bronze skills, and rocker foxtrot!!! I'm soo happy that I passed all my tests because I was incredibly stressed during most of them !!! haha and so now I get to finally move on in skills...I'm pretty excited, even though I don't like skills too much.

havoc: the spring session is over and so I'm off the ice until summer skating starts...and summer skating is kinda a pain beacuse I have to switch rinks fpr the summer...:x

celticprincess
05-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Absolutely A Havoc: Not being able to skate because of school. Parents thought it was distracting me from my school work and forbade me to skate for three months.

Magic: Due to my extensive off ice exercises I'm getting really close to doing an elbow stand(contortionist move) and starting to get a really nice spiral. I also choreographed my 2 new artistics and showcase programs. My showcase will be to the song 'That Don't Impress Me Much" haha. My artistics being "Deliver Me" by Sarah Brigtman and "Thieves In The Temple" by Prince. Can't wait to put them on the ice.

Clare
05-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Fantastic ice this morning, what Clare calls "lemonade ice lolly" ice....

Oh it really was- beautiful :) Non-skaters look at you so oddly when they politely ask how your lesson was and you start to wax lyrical about the sheer beauty of the ice...

Havoc:
-The Rhythm Blues is rapidly becoming the bane of my bloody life!
-Back Inside Edges, cannot seem to lean where I need to lean, super messy.

Magic:
-Back Outside Edges...expected to detest these, loved them.
-Back Crossovers returned to me by whoever borrowed them last :)
-Forward Cross Rolls, slowing them down is gradually fixing the technique. Once the technique is fixed, I will be expecting speed. You hearing me, skating Gods?!

Hello Donna :)

ibreakhearts66
05-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Magic
I finally got my learner's permit for driving! I'm almost 18, so it's been a long time coming, but I finally got around to taking the test.

Double loops were really big today.

I did a decent 2sal 2toe 2loop combo. I flipped out of the 2loop, but it was still good enough to be magical

I worked a little bit on changing edges on the back camel. That is defintely the hardest change-edge spin for me. I'll hit the edge for one or two revs, and then down I go. But I think I've figured out HOW to do it, so that's good

Back camels were really good today in general. I can get a lot of speed just going straight into it. I can thank my hip surgery for that :) I couldn't do flying camels for a really long time, so if i wanted to do a back camel, I just had to go for it.

Havoc
There was a group on the ice today, so that was hectic. Plus one of the other local rinks is closed, so all of their skaters were at our rink today. Made for some chaotic, chopped up ice.

2flip has gone out the window. I had been landing them perfectly, but now my timing is totally messed up again. My coach has been having me do them from a mohawk, but in the next lesson I'm gonna ask if we can try from a 3-turn again.

FlyAndCrash
05-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Magic
I finally got my learner's permit for driving! I'm almost 18, so it's been a long time coming, but I finally got around to taking the test.

Congrats on the driving! I just re-newed my licsense for represent my newly 18 self. Anyways, driving is just like crossing the ice: look both ways and never go backwards blind... Yeah, driving is easier than crossing the ice. :P

Mrs Redboots
05-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Magic
Congratulations! Do you have to pass a theory test before you're allowed on the road? Here, one can obtain a provisional licence on one's 17th birthday (not before!), and drive if accompanied by anybody who's had a full licence for at least 3 years (as long as your vehicle displays red "L" stickers front and rear) but there is a theory and hazard perception test that must be taken and passed before the on-road practical.

I expect that, as you are a skater, you won't have any trouble learning to drive. I only passed my test about 2 1/2 years ago (yes I know.... very long story), and I'm still convinced that skating helped me learn the skills I needed.

What's more, learning to drive is cheaper than learning to skate! Just remember, though, that when you are on the road, every other driver is a potential killer.

sk8pics
05-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Congrats to everyone on all their accomplishments!

I'm still plugging away and had a great time in my less this past week. Did 2 teeny-tiny 5-step mohawks. That was part of the footwork sequence I was doing when I broke my ankle, but it didn't bother me in the least. My coach commented on how totally relaxed I was and how I took my time with each step. It was fun. Also skated forward, did a mohawk, then a back outside edge into a waltz jump. Very cool. Spirals are getting higher. So, it is all good! 8-)

A good friend of mine is going to come watch my lesson this week. He'd been asking for a while, and I finally invited him. I told my coach, "You have to make me look good!" And he immediately started talking about matching outfits!:mrgreen: Well, we won't do that but it will be fun.

FlyAndCrash
05-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Congratulations! Do you have to pass a theory test before you're allowed on the road? Here, one can obtain a provisional licence on one's 17th birthday (not before!), and drive if accompanied by anybody who's had a full licence for at least 3 years (as long as your vehicle displays red "L" stickers front and rear) but there is a theory and hazard perception test that must be taken and passed before the on-road practical.

I expect that, as you are a skater, you won't have any trouble learning to drive. I only passed my test about 2 1/2 years ago (yes I know.... very long story), and I'm still convinced that skating helped me learn the skills I needed.

What's more, learning to drive is cheaper than learning to skate! Just remember, though, that when you are on the road, every other driver is a potential killer.

Its 15 for a written theory test and a permit that allows a person to drive when accompanied by someone over 21.

At 16, one can get a provincial license that is pretty much the same as a full license in my state (laws vary by state. Some have a max number of passengers. Others limit texting of cell phone usage...)

At 18, one can get a full license.

CanadianAdult
05-24-2008, 11:12 AM
For starters, looks like I am stuck testing the Baby Blues next week

Slow and Sensuous!!!!! OK, my coach said the dance is full of Esses ( S lobes) so remembering S & S helped me remember the shape of the dance.

This is one of the few tests that I did that I have on video but it's old analog video. Does anyone know off the top of their head how to convert it to digital? I want to make a montage of how far I've come and although my old tests seem bad, it's a great way to put it all in perspective when I think of how "bad" I am now.

Magic:

Skills sort of seem like they're coming together. I'm only touching down on four turns and scratching two, therefore two are clean. Ha.

Havoc:

Toe Loop. aaargh.

doubletoe
05-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Just remember, though, that when you are on the road, every other driver is a potential killer.

Exactly! Just like freestyle sessions, LOL! I agree that the ability to navigate freestyle sessions is a great advantage once you get behind the wheel of a car. Just like driving, you need to be completely aware of every moving thing/person 360 degrees around you, and the speed and path of travel of each one. Oh, and the likelihood of each one to be distracted and/or incompetent. :roll:

Gina10179202
05-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Magic:

Landed double loop once today, did amazing beillmann spirals and spins, may be entering competition in Basingstoke.

Havoc:

Laybacks were wierd, axels were wierd, and I didn't get time to work on double salchows.

ibreakhearts66
05-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Exactly! Just like freestyle sessions, LOL! I agree that the ability to navigate freestyle sessions is a great advantage once you get behind the wheel of a car. Just like driving, you need to be completely aware of every moving thing/person 360 degrees around you, and the speed and path of travel of each one. Oh, and the likelihood of each one to be distracted and/or incompetent. :roll:

I've totally been thinking the same thing. Merging into traffic seems a lot like stepping onto the ice--look both ways, evaluate everyone's speed, get on and match the flow of traffic!

I'm in California, and we have fairly strict driving laws. At 15 1/2, you can take the permit tests, which is the written, theory test. In order to take the written test, you need proof that you have taken driver's ed and are signed up for a behind-the-wheel driving class. You can only practice with licenced adults over 25. Your provisional licence (the licence you get when you're under 18) has some limits--no driving other passengers (except for your parents I think? something like that) for a year, no driving between 11pm and 5am (or somewhere around there, not sure the exact hours) for a year and, as of July 1, no cell phone use at all, not even hands free (over 18 can only use handsfree).

RinkRat321
05-24-2008, 04:58 PM
magic:
landed two double lutzes
spins were really centered

havoc:
most of my other doubles were weird today

vid from practice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DYtUltbH58

singerskates
05-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Creating Magic: Baby Blues is going well including being partnered by my coach. A matter a fact when my coach said he wanted me to get deeper edges and go around the rink faster, I did. I had so much power, I took my coach who was partnering me by surprise. He didn't expect me to go for it so much. Now I just have to run through the dance a few more times with my coach before next Friday's test just to keep the momentum going.

Started working on my new freeskate with my coach. We've got about 1 5th of it done including the opening jump, a loop right infront of where the judges are, which is disguised in the opening movements/steps and then I go straight into setting up my spiral sequence. I'm planning on having little or no step up for my jumps this time out.

We have started in playing with the style of my sit spin. What I'm doing during the reg. position of my forward sit is twisting my upper body and right arm across the front of my mid section and my left arm around my back with my left hand coming out from the right side. Does this ever crack the speed! Woah! Then I go into my broken position for a few revs (3 or 4) and up for two to get out.

Creating Havoc: Somehow, my left leg just wouldn't allow me to jump off of it. Had everything else in the Salchow working except I just couldn't get off of the ice. It's like for half an hour my leg went to sleep. Weird. ROTFLOL

singerskates

Kim to the Max
05-24-2008, 06:51 PM
[Creating Magic]

Found some time to skate today in between the chaos of my friend's house :)

Did some jumps (through lutz...tried 2 axels, but didn't do more than that) on my new skates...

Did spins as well (still trying to find the sweet spot)...

Worked on moves as well...feeling more comfortable with them...

[Creating Havoc]

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I think that I'm seeing the start of the leather creasing in the wrong spot on my new skates :( Maybe I started jumping too soon in them? Before today I hadn't jumped in them and had only skated about 2.5 hours, but I was getting bored with stroking and working on moves for hours on end...

Let's pray that the 1.5 hours I skated today (only 45 of them I did freestyle) didn't do damage to my new skates....ugh...maybe I'm just paranoid....

So I've skated about 2.5 hours with only 2 hooks laced and then 1.5 now with 3 hooks laced....we'll see, I just hope that I don't have to buy another pair in 6 months....

techskater
05-25-2008, 09:04 AM
Kim- You probably are paranoid as there is NO way you are harder on skates than I am (and I'm probably a lot bigger than you) and mine are over a year old now and are comfortable and I pretty much jumped right away in them.

myste12
05-25-2008, 11:11 AM
[Creating Magic]
Let's pray that the 1.5 hours I skated today (only 45 of them I did freestyle) didn't do damage to my new skates....ugh...maybe I'm just paranoid....

If it makes you feel any better, I've never heard of anyone damaging their skates by breaking them in too fast.

The only time I take it easy on new skates is when they're temp mounted (I usually only skate for a few minutes on the temp mount). Once they're fully mounted, I do everything I can on them including moves, jumps and spins. It's much harder on my ankles than on the skates.

If you think the boots are creasing funny already, I'd check the fit and stiffness of the boot with a pro shop.

Kim to the Max
05-25-2008, 09:05 PM
I will probably take it easy the next session I am on (on Tuesday) and go from there...I am probably just being paranoid because of what happened last time and seeing something that isn't there...:roll: