View Full Version : New Skates...

steve3
05-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Hey people, I have the urge to buy new skates. I'm on level Freestyle 5 doing axel and begginning doubles. I have some 220 Riedell with a Wilson Majestic Blade. Which skates would you reccomend for me? I was thinking of Riedell 375 with a MK Vision Blade, or a Riedell 900 with a MK Gold Star, Vision, Phantom or Four Aces. But somebody told me Riedell 900 are not reccomended, why is it? However I would like reccomendations on boots and blades. Than You!

FlyAndCrash
05-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Depending on your weight and height, I would go with either a gold or silver stars or higher. I've been in my silver stars (355) for over two years and they have lasted up really well. My blade is the Professional (without the k-pick), but I've heard that Comets are similar. They are great, and my coach says they are perfect for my level. Higher level blades are also appropriate if you're willing to shell out the money, but I don't think it's strickly necessary.

BTW, I got my skates when I was in ISI FS4 and now I'm hoping to test out of ISI FS6 by the end of summer. I'm about 5'4 and 125 lbs. And no matter how much I want new skates asthetically, I don't think I'll need them until at least next year.