View Full Version : Happy Mothers Day!

patatty
05-11-2008, 11:36 AM
I just want to wish all the moms out there a Happy Mothers Day! I know that I have a tough time balancing work, family life and skating, and I want to congratulate everyone else who is doing the same thing. Enjoy your day! I'm having a nice lazy day today with my kids, and trying to relax before a crazy work week, a skating test on Thursday, competition on Saturday, and judging on Sunday. Fortunately, my kids keep everything in perspective if I ever get too nutty about skating!!

Mrs Redboots
05-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Thank you. It is not Mothers' Day here in the UK - we celebrate it on Mothering Sunday, before Easter. But the sentiment is nevertheless appreciated!

herniated
05-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Hey patatty!! Thanks for the good wishes and happy mother's day to you too!!

Good Luck with your test Thursday!! I KNOW will do great!! Think positive thoughts and just focus on your technique. Remember... your MIFs make me jealous!!! You are a beautiful skater and knock em dead next weekend in your free. Unfortunately, I can't be there to cheer you on have to go to a communion. Hopefully I'll see you on the ice before Thursday!!

Isk8NYC
05-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Thank you! Happy Mother's Day to you also.

jcookie1982
05-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Thank you! I hope everyone had a great mother's day!

winx514
05-12-2008, 12:02 AM
I would like to say happy mother's day to all the moms in the world. We all have great moms!:D

SkatingOnClouds
05-12-2008, 03:36 AM
Mother's day? Guess where I spent mine?

Actually, this mother's day it was my husband who got to sleep late. Poor darling had a really tought week and wasn't well. So I had to get up and make my own breakfast !

And my daughter who is 10 totally forgot about it !!!!

So it was getting her up and getting her organised to go to the 10.00am skating session. Which is usually deserted on mother's day, but not this one.

Ah well, I got to skate, and that's enough for me.