View Full Version : I have new skates!

isakswings
05-09-2008, 05:24 PM
I tried them out today and they feel so much better then my other skates did! I wasn't on the ice long, but I felt like I had a lot more control then I had before. We're going back to the rink tomorrow, so I will be able to try them out for a longer period of time. I hope I continue to like them! :-)

SynchroSk8r114
05-09-2008, 05:59 PM
I tried them out today and they feel so much better then my other skates did! I wasn't on the ice long, but I felt like I had a lot more control then I had before. We're going back to the rink tomorrow, so I will be able to try them out for a longer period of time. I hope I continue to like them! :-)

Very nice! Congrats. It's amazing what a difference new skates can make. What kind of boot/blade?

isakswings
05-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Very nice! Congrats. It's amazing what a difference new skates can make. What kind of boot/blade?

Riedell Gold Medallions with the Excel blade. Nothing too exciting since I am a beginner, but definately an improvement over my Glacier 520's!(think that is the right model!). I'm very happy to have a different pair of skates! I bought the Glacier's in February, but they are too big. Anyway... we skate 3 days a week(including lessons), so I took the plunge and bought these skates. For the few minutes I used them today, I really liked how they felt. The blades feel better to me in addition to having a boot that actually holds my foot in place! Before, I could feel my foot moving and my heel would start slipping as soon as my skates loosened up. Sometimes I would curl my toes to try and keep my foot from moving too much! It was a big pain and so I am hoping these work out much better. I certainly hope they do since they cost me enough. I know they are cheap compared to what most of you pay for skates, but for me they were a big purchase. LOL!

Anyway, I am excited about them. :-)

dbny
05-10-2008, 08:10 PM
I know they are cheap compared to what most of you pay for skates, but for me they were a big purchase. LOL!

Anyway, I am excited about them. :-)

No need to spend more than necessary to get what is right for you! Congratulations on taking that step, and I'm glad they fit right and you are enjoying them.

winx514
05-12-2008, 12:29 AM

I have Jackson Mystique figure skates. The width is B and the size is 4.5.

amyvw
05-12-2008, 01:53 PM
congrats! enjoy them!

Amy

isakswings
05-17-2008, 07:39 AM
No need to spend more than necessary to get what is right for you! Congratulations on taking that step, and I'm glad they fit right and you are enjoying them.

I REALLY Like them. They are pretty comfortable too. It's amazing the difference between my "old" skates and my new skates. I can feel the difference in the blades too! I'm very happy with this purchase.