View Full Version : Spring Show

jskater49
05-05-2008, 06:00 AM
Well we just did our Club Spring Show this weekend.

I was the co-chair so this has taken up a big chunk of my time since September but we had a great show.

I was in the opening number, a dance number, an adult number, and the parent child number in the first half. The second half we did a really cool Ice Theatre about a family going to Disneyland - I was the Mom...I was on the ice most of the time tho did not require a lot of skating ability, acting and making sure the two little kids in it were ready to go.

My DD did her senior solo to Eva Cassidy's "Fields of Gold" which just about made everyone cry, and I got to go out on the ice and hug her afterward. She also did a solo as Sleeping Beauty in the second half.

And her former coach's daughter won juvenile pairs at junior nationals this year so we got them to be our guest skaters. They were fantastic - and since they are kids themselves and this was their first time being guest skaters they had a blast too.

We haven't paid all the bills and counted all the money so we still aren't sure if we broke even though...

j

Skittl1321
05-05-2008, 07:19 AM
That sounds fantastic! I'm glad everything went well.

quarkiki2
05-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Congrats! Sounds perfect!

jcookie1982
05-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Congrats to you and your daughter!

Mrs Redboots
05-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Glad you have had a wonderful time - but I bet you'll be exhausted tomorrow!

SkaterBird
05-05-2008, 02:02 PM
That's wonderful! Chairing an ice show has got to be a monumental task. :bow:

Post some pictures when you have the chance!

jskater49
05-05-2008, 10:22 PM
That's wonderful! Chairing an ice show has got to be a monumental task. :bow:

Post some pictures when you have the chance!

We had such great hard working and talented people, it really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

So supposedly anybody can view this album...we'll see

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23275&l=c7e71&id=514788403

SkaterBird
05-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Thank you for posting your pictures - they're great! :D It must have been a fantastic show. :bow: