View Full Version : Who's been reading my posts?

SkatingOnClouds
05-04-2008, 03:50 AM
Jackson do this weird thing when they fitted the Matrix system blades. They put a permanent screw at the toe, and a slider at the heel - go figure. Why on earth would you put in a permanent screw on new skates?
I kept tripping over my enormous toe-picks the other night, couldn't stroke or do a one foot glide even. Today coach realised they set the blade 1/2" too far back from the toe. She set them for me today, and they were so much better I hugged her. She said they set up hers and two other skaters' matrix blades exactly the same as mine, so she knows now what to look for when one of her skater gets them.

I posted this in my earlier thread about my new Jackson Proflex. Today the rink manager asked me if I had posted something about my blades. Turns out that she was contacted in relation to this - even though I did not buy my skates through the rink- and was asked to make sure skaters here know that these skates do not come "skate-ready".

First off, why use a permanent screw to mount it in an incorrect position, if it is not skate-ready? Why not leave them unmounted?

Secondly, it really shocked me that someone from Jacksons had read what I had written here, gone to the trouble of contacting the Australian Distributor who contacted my rink management. I suppose it is good that they want to make sure that other skaters don't have a bad experience. But to think that I was tracked down from my first name and country was a little creepy. Made me think I need to be even more careful about what I write in this forum. Anyone else have experiences like this from what they're written in this forum?

Rusty Blades
05-04-2008, 06:10 AM
That blade mounting is REALLY STRANGE!! 1/2" too far back from the toe?? If the blade is the proper size for the boot, that must mean the heel plate is even with the back of the heel! This REALLY sounds like it was done by someone who didn't know what they are doing and that DOESN'T sound like the Jackson factory! Maybe your local distributor mounted the blades?

It also makes more sense that someone at the distributor's would be more familiar with you than someone at the factory in Canada.

(I met the factory rep at the Canadian Adult Championships last month and was surprised that he knew my name! Turns out that he had watched me skate and must have noticed the Proflex. It's "good business" to note who's using your product and if they are happy/unhappy with it.)

As far as who reads this Board, ALL KINDS of people do! The postings are also searchable so if a Jackson rep is interested in "the Jackson chatter", it is easy enough to find.

P.S. All kinds of people read the board! Saying anything here is like writing it in the newspaper :)