View Full Version : The three Cs

kander
05-02-2008, 12:02 AM
When I'm having trouble with my jumps I usually tell my coach it's because of one of the 3 "C"s.

Commitment: I don't commit to the jump
Chicken: I chicken out
Confidence: I don't have any

Most of the time all I have to do is get all 3 Cs in order and everything works. For me, working on the intangibles is as important (or sometimes more important) than working on the elements themselves.

Kevin

coskater64
05-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Well good technique and cross training are also rather important, confidence doesn't fix bad form... The 3 c's certainly sound like a good idea once you have mastered a jump but while you are learning a jump....it seems like good practice would be paramount.8O

NoVa Sk8r
05-02-2008, 01:06 AM
A "C" for me would be "coverage"; i.e., health care coverage. Good to know you're covered when attempting death drops and double flips! 8O:mrgreen:

Mrs Redboots
05-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Remind me to tell that to my husband, who has a perfectly respectable loop and flip, but whoever would have thought it this morning?! He even bodged his salchow, and he never bodges his sal!

GordonSk8erBoi
05-02-2008, 02:03 PM
When I'm having trouble with my jumps I usually tell my coach it's because of one of the 3 "C"s.

Commitment: I don't commit to the jump
Chicken: I chicken out
Confidence: I don't have any

Most of the time all I have to do is get all 3 Cs in order and everything works. For me, working on the intangibles is as important (or sometimes more important) than working on the elements themselves.

Kevin

Maybe tie a rubber chicken to you? :-)

kander
05-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Maybe tie a rubber chicken to you? :-)

Actually, I usually flap my arms in chicken-like fasion :)

jazzpants
05-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Hey, can I suggest another C to add to your list?

How about CASH!?!?!? You know...like to pay for all this ice time and coaches and what not... :twisted: :lol: :P

I'll have to find a rubber chicken somewhere and give it to your coach, so that the next time you chicken out of something, he can throw the rubber chicken at 'ya!!! :twisted: