View Full Version : Edea Skates?

Skittl1321
04-30-2008, 07:29 AM
Has anyone heard of these boots before?
Here is the website: http://www.edeaskates.com/en/home.php

They had a booth at our competition this weekend and one of the coaches got a pair to give them a try. He said that it felt like he was wearing house slippers- super light, ultra comfy, and not at all the feeling of a skate boot. (It was his first day in them so the verdict isn't in on if he likes them or not.)

I looked at them at the booth, and they seem to run about the same as more expensive boots do, but are totally different construction.

It will be interesting to see if these catch on.

Sessy
04-30-2008, 07:52 AM
They're catching on big time in the Netherlands, because they have virtually no break-in time and because they are so soft... They're the wrong shape for my feet though, but mom's all hyped up about them and wants to get them in the new season (they were out of her size this season).
There was also at least 1 girl in edea's at the last world championship.

Mrs Redboots
04-30-2008, 12:34 PM
I've certainly heard of them and think I know one or two people who skate in them, but haven't heard anything good or bad about them.

slusher
04-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Patrick Chan wears them.

Clare
04-30-2008, 04:00 PM
My coach got Edeas last year and, as far as I know, is getting on fine with them.

Mrs Redboots
05-01-2008, 05:30 AM
My coach got Edeas last year and, as far as I know, is getting on fine with them.
I knew I knew someone who had them!!!!

kander
05-01-2008, 11:56 PM
One of the coaches at my rink got a pair of Edea's and didn't like them. AAMOF, I think he would have given them to me if we had the same boot size.

karliey
05-02-2008, 05:48 PM
My shop said they run really wide and were for duck feet and wouldn't let me try them on, since the Risports I tried on first were not overly tight.

I noticed that they're matte rather than shiny like most boot leathers are. Haven't heard about the weight/softness.

This was for the overture model, by the way.