View Full Version : Which Synchronized Skating Team(s) would you love to have proform at your Rink?

FSWer
04-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Ok Skaters!!! Time to tell me which Synchronized Skating Team(s) you would love to have proform at your Rink. Please include moves you would love to have them teach you as well. This is all hyphophedical. For me if I could...I would love to have the Haydenettes,Team Surprise,or The Crystallettes (USA.) proform at my Rink....and I would love for them to teach me how to be lifted. Ok Skaters......GO!!!!!

Mrs Redboots
04-29-2008, 05:24 AM
It is more probable, Dana, that you would be the one to do the lifting - 90% of the time, the man does the lifting. Obviously this isn't always the case on a synchro team, but in pairs and ice dance the man does the lifting. Sometimes you get a "gender-bender" lift in ice dance, but not often.

Skittl1321
04-29-2008, 08:16 AM
I like watching ANY of the high level teams skate!

As for moves I'd want them to teach- I think anything discussed in a clinic would be beneficial, but I feel like I need help with traveling circles. I understand EVERYTHING the coach is saying, but I just can't make my feet do it.

FSWer
04-29-2008, 04:26 PM
It is more probable, Dana, that you would be the one to do the lifting - 90% of the time, the man does the lifting. Obviously this isn't always the case on a synchro team, but in pairs and ice dance the man does the lifting. Sometimes you get a "gender-bender" lift in ice dance, but not often.

BTW. does anyone know how they would place the men on a Senior Synchro. Team that lifts with girls? Such as in The Crystallettes? I know they have one.

Skittl1321
04-29-2008, 04:33 PM
What do you mean how would they place men?

Like how would a man get on the team? He would have to try out and be more qualified than other applicants.

Or do you mean where would he go in formations? I bet that would just depend on the formation and where he was last. I would think that if a team had a man he would generally be used to help lift the girls, but in lifts that require more than one lifter, a man might NOT be the best person to do it- both lifters need to be around the same size for the balance of the liftee. The placement of the men would totally depend on what the team is doing at that point.

FSWer
04-29-2008, 10:29 PM
What do you mean how would they place men?

Like how would a man get on the team? He would have to try out and be more qualified than other applicants.

Or do you mean where would he go in formations? I bet that would just depend on the formation and where he was last. I would think that if a team had a man he would generally be used to help lift the girls, but in lifts that require more than one lifter, a man might NOT be the best person to do it- both lifters need to be around the same size for the balance of the liftee. The placement of the men would totally depend on what the team is doing at that point.

Would a man be the lifter or the liftee?

Mrs Redboots
04-30-2008, 06:37 AM
Would a man be the lifter or the liftee?
It depends, as Jessi has just said. It is unlikely that he would be lifted, since he would tend to be heavier for his build than the women - but you never know. He might even be one of the people doing jumps or spins in the foreground while the lift was going on in the background, and not involved in the lifting routine at all. It totally depends on the choreographer, the other team members, and a whole host of other factors.

FSWer
04-30-2008, 09:42 AM
It depends, as Jessi has just said. It is unlikely that he would be lifted, since he would tend to be heavier for his build than the women - but you never know. He might even be one of the people doing jumps or spins in the foreground while the lift was going on in the background, and not involved in the lifting routine at all. It totally depends on the choreographer, the other team members, and a whole host of other factors.

Ok,I know there is a Team called the Ice Men. An all male Team. I don't know if they have Senior. But if they do. What would they do?

Skittl1321
04-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Ok,I know there is a Team called the Ice Men. An all male Team. I don't know if they have Senior. But if they do. What would they do?

An all male team would work just like an all female team. Some of the men would be lifters some of the men would get lifted.

I don't know if all male teams compete- right now I think that the teams that are all male are show/exhibition teams. (I could be wrong though)

FSWer
04-30-2008, 09:50 AM
An all male team would work just like an all female team. Some of the men would be lifters some of the men would get lifted.

I don't know if all male teams compete- right now I think that the teams that are all male are show/exhibition teams. (I could be wrong though)

So they would then go by who was just smaller and/or lighter,right?

Skittl1321
04-30-2008, 09:58 AM
So they would then go by who was just smaller and/or lighter,right?

Probably- but its not always the smallest person who gets lifted.

I haven't done skating lifts, but in dance a lot of times it just depended where you were in the formation. Some lifts use 3 or for lifters for one person to be lifted- then the person being lifted didn't necessarily have to be the lightest- it was just the person located in the right spot, because 3 small people can usually lift 1 larger person.

Clarice
04-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Yes, I would think so. At least, that's what I would do if I were them!