View Full Version : IJS Choreography Software

doubletoe
04-26-2008, 11:52 AM
I was recently introduced to someone who is creating a new software program to help skaters and coaches choreograph IJS-friendly programs. The software, called "Skater Studio," will be regularly updated with the latest rules and clarifications throughout each season. Subscription prices will be $129.95 for the entire season ("Season Pass") or $19.95 per day ("Day Pass").

A demo is up on the website: www.skaterstudio.com. Unfortunately, it is for a short program, which only applies to standard track Intermediate - Senior skaters. Still, it should give you an idea of how the program works. The adult rules have not been programmed into the software, but the developer says that if enough adults show interest, he will program the U.S. Adult Gold and Masters rules as well.

I volunteered to take a poll to gauge the interest level among adult skaters, so if you are a U.S. Adult Gold or Masters skater or expect to be skating in Adult Gold or Masters next season, you can visit the website, try the demo and respond to this poll. I will also pass along any comments or suggestions you may have.

coskater64
04-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Looks interesting but I think it shouldn't let you choose GOE, it should just assume 0, at least for me.

L8O

doubletoe
04-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Looks interesting but I think it shouldn't let you choose GOE, it should just assume 0, at least for me.

L8O

I think the point of that option was to allow the skater to compare the total technical score she would likely end up with if she did simpler elements that she knows she can execute cleanly vs. more difficult elements that she could complete but might not complete perfectly. For example, Inoue and Baldwin had to figure out whether to go for the throw triple axel, knowing Rena can always fully rotate it but falls half of the time. Turns out the points are still worth it so they always do it.