View Full Version : testing sessions?

froggy
04-23-2008, 06:53 PM
I'd love to test my pre-bronze but im still so stuck on getting solid on my waltz 8 and 3 turn pattern :frus: (i can do all the elements but my coach is not satisfied with these two elements-the eveneness of the edges on the waltz 8...the lobes on the 3 turn are not quite even etc.. ) in any case if my coach doesnt let me test next month id at least like to watch a test session, anyone know of any test session in long island or new york metro area coming up?? if you know that they will have pre-bronze mitf testers that would be great!

...I'd be very curious to see how strict or lenient judges are for pre-bronze.

thank you!

patatty
04-24-2008, 09:17 AM
There is a test session at Cantiague on May 15, starting at about 3:00pm. I don't see any pre-bronze tests listed yet, and so far I'm the only adult test registered (Gold MIF). The lowest level standard test so far is Pre-juvenile MIF, but there may be more tests added on later though, as this is usually a big test session.

phoenix
04-24-2008, 03:18 PM
I've seen some pretty weak pre bronze tests pass. That said, it never hurts to feel really confident by waiting a little longer & getting it stronger.

RachelSk8er
04-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Honestly with testing to a point, you never know how the judges are going to be on any given test session. Obviously a strong test will pass, a weak test will not.

I've had dance tests where I skated horribly and passed, others that went well and I failed. I recently tested a dance where partnering was ok, tripped on the 2nd pattern of my solo (which was lousy altogether), one judge passed me and the other 2 marked me just a tenth of a point below passing. Tested it again a month later, skated it MUCH better (partnering was really good, solo was much better than the previous time), all 3 failed me by more than a tenth of a point. Comments on the tests were all over the board.

froggy
04-24-2008, 07:59 PM
There is a test session at Cantiague on May 15, starting at about 3:00pm. I don't see any pre-bronze tests listed yet, and so far I'm the only adult test registered (Gold MIF). The lowest level standard test so far is Pre-juvenile MIF, but there may be more tests added on later though, as this is usually a big test session.

thanks so much for the info. how do I get more information on this session?? I checked their website and all I see is an application with no test date.

should I expect to share the ice with other skaters during my test or will I be the only one on the ice?

dbny
04-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Aviator (http://aviatorsports.com/content/sports-activities/ice-skating/freestyle.aspx) (North Jersey FSC) is having a test session on Friday, 5/2 in the late afternoon. It's on their regularly scheduled freestyle session from 4:30 to 6:50 PM. I don't think there are any Adult Pre-B MIF tests scheduled, but there is at least one Pre-Pre MIF and maybe one Adult Bronze MIF.

patatty
04-25-2008, 05:27 AM
At Cantiague, they don't publish the test dates or times. You just submit the application and then they contact you with the day and time. There is always a test session on the Thursday before their May competition though. In Pre-bronze, you only need one judge, so you don't need a test session to test. I took both my pre-bronze and bronze MIF and Free on regular freestyle sessions. It was a little crazy because the sessions were crowded and one coach actually ran into me during one of my patterns, but the judge was understanding. At least they cleared the ice for my bronze free so I didn't have to worry about skating around anyone for that.

froggy
04-25-2008, 08:33 AM
At Cantiague, they don't publish the test dates or times. You just submit the application and then they contact you with the day and time. There is always a test session on the Thursday before their May competition though. In Pre-bronze, you only need one judge, so you don't need a test session to test. I took both my pre-bronze and bronze MIF and Free on regular freestyle sessions. It was a little crazy because the sessions were crowded and one coach actually ran into me during one of my patterns, but the judge was understanding. At least they cleared the ice for my bronze free so I didn't have to worry about skating around anyone for that.

thank you for the info! that doesn't sound too bad, it sort of seems like it would feel like a private lesson, I'll definately look into that.