View Full Version : I Left & I'm Free

singerskates
04-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi CASers,

I'm free! I'm free! I'm free! I did it. I left Club Tecumseh Skating.

I skated in the show on Saturday to my good-bye song. The audience
liked my 2 day old number (put it together last Thursday and Friday)
because the club wouldn't let me skate to anything longer than 1:30 +
or - 10, even though I've been competing with an interpretive that was
2:37 all season. They told me this just a week before the show, yet I
told them I wanted to skate in the show and paid to skate in the show
back in December. I wonder if, "They Are Happy Now?"

Ha ha ha ha. I'm
gone now. I'm free at last!

Had my first skate on the city spring school ice. Was it ever nice. At
first it was just three of us at 2:15 PM. I think there were not more
than 5 or 6 of us during this day open skate session. What I did was
buy the W night time Adult session and then add on the open day ice
that runs 2 PM to 3:50 M,T,T & F. I saved a bundle. Just $224 for 9
hours of ice a week for 7 weeks. Not bad, eh?

Isk8NYC
04-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Congrats! Are you going to join another club or be an independent member of Skate Canada?

vesperholly
04-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Is this really something you want to post on a public forum? :??

singerskates
04-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Congrats! Are you going to join another club or be an independent member of CanSkate?

Or national skating association is called Skate Canada. Not CanSkate. ROTFLOL :lol:

I don't think I can be an independent member of Skate Canada, so I'm either going to have to join another club or I'm going to have to get some adult skaters, collegiate, college and University skaters together to create a new club. Or the ideal option would be to start an Adult/collegiate/post-secondary skating school under an existing club.

I don't know what will happen at this point. I need to research the third option.

Isk8NYC
04-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Or national skating association is called Skate Canada. Not CanSkate. ROTFLOL :lol:Sorry - I get points for not saying "USFSA" though, lol.

jp1andOnly
04-22-2008, 08:58 AM
it actually takes quite awhile to get a sanction to become a skate canada club/school. More than a couple of months. If it were me, I'd join another club and ask about getting some adult only ice

Or national skating association is called Skate Canada. Not CanSkate. ROTFLOL :lol:

I don't think I can be an independent member of Skate Canada, so I'm either going to have to join another club or I'm going to have to get some adult skaters, collegiate, college and University skaters together to create a new club. Or the ideal option would be to start an Adult/collegiate/post-secondary skating school under an existing club.

I don't know what will happen at this point. I need to research the third option.

slusher
04-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Is this really something you want to post on a public forum? :??

Skating forums posts are searchable via google. This kind of a post is death to your skating reputation. I'd ask a mod to delete the entire thread.

singerskates
04-22-2008, 08:12 PM
I edited out the parts that could rattle other clubs. But so far, I haven't had a problem with coaches who have been coaching at other clubs. Everyone I've ran into is very cool about it here. Not a problem. But just to cool the waters, I edited my first post.