View Full Version : Death Spirals....and Synchronized Skating

FSWer
04-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Ok fokes!! I was watching a vedio of the Haydenettes Synchronized Skating Team Senior on You-Tube (yes from my Mom's as mine is not compatible as far as I know for it), and I saw them do Death Spials as part of their Long Program. Just like in Pairs. Does anyone know if you have to have BEEN a PAIRS Skater first in order to add Death Spials to your Senior Program? In which case it's safe to assume ALL Senior Synchros. that do them like Haydenettes WERE Pairs Skaters? Or is Synchro. just ONE Discipline that does them for tricks? I ask because I know some Seniors never TRAINNED in Pairs. So am I right about number 2? Thanks.

CanAmSk8ter
04-20-2008, 04:29 PM
There's no way every girl on Hayden has a pairs background- there are dozens of girls all over the country who want to do pairs, and not nearly enough guys for all of them. Chances are at least some of the Haydenettes are too big to realisitically compete in pairs anyway- those girls have to be very petite, and one of the nicest things about synchro is that you see girls with all kinds of body types having success with it.

I haven't seen the video, but my guess would be that the team brought in a coach or two with pairs experience to teach the girls the death spiral. After all, some of them would have had to do the pivot, and in pairs that's the guys' part. Even a girl who had competed in pairs wouldn't have learned to do that.

Kay
04-20-2008, 08:08 PM
That sounds amazing! Can you post the link?

FSWer
04-20-2008, 08:27 PM
That sounds amazing! Can you post the link?

I wish I could. But it was on you tube. I don't even remembe it.