View Full Version : Music Editing Programs

miraclegro
04-20-2008, 03:38 PM
I have tried Audacity, but find it a little too challenging. Does anyone use any other music editing programs that would be considered easier?

Black Sheep
04-20-2008, 05:48 PM
I like mp3 Trimmer for Mac. ;)

miraclegro
04-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Sound like maybe that one's easy, but i don't own a mac, however, if i did i'd probably get a lot of other things accomplished easier since i am somewhat programming impaired. I can do all the Microsoft Office stuff, but nothing regarding getting music loaded, downloaded, etc. I feel like i am a real challenge myself!

dbny
04-20-2008, 09:14 PM
I can't recommend anything but Audacity, but by now I have enough proficiency with it to be able to help you out if you have any specific questions/problems. I found that there were really only a few key things that I needed to figure out (one of them being zoom, which allows you to select down to a single note if necessary). I'm sure others here would also be willing to help.

singerskates
04-20-2008, 09:33 PM
I use Cool Edit Pro to edit skating music. But if you don't want extra bells and whistles, you can download a free version of Cool Edit online.

If you still can't get a hung of it and feel frustrated, you could always hire someone to do your music for you.

I'm available for hire.

Brigitte

vesperholly
04-20-2008, 11:23 PM
I use GoldWave, it's fairly easy. PM me if you want a copy. :)

BuggieMom
04-21-2008, 06:33 AM
I use Music Editing Master (http://www.dandans.com/MusicEditingMaster.htm)
I've never used anything else, so I can't tell you how it compares, but I find it easy to use and it produces good results. They have a free trial on the website.

SynchroSk8r114
04-21-2008, 07:05 AM
I also use Goldwave and find its fairly easy after you play around with the different features for a bit.

Isk8NYC
04-21-2008, 07:35 AM
I use Audiosurgeon http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/audiosurgeon/home.aspx

onlyhappyonice
04-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Do any of you guys have any experience of removing vocal layers from songs, there are alot of songs I like that I cannot find instrumental versions for. I have tried some software called Wavosaur to remove the vocals but this can leave the song sounding scratchy on most of the songs I have tried it on.

pedonskates
04-21-2008, 09:56 AM
I also use GoldWave. One of the kids at my former rink used it and had really perfected editing. You can download a free copy that has a certain limited number of commands. I have had it for 2 years and have edited several peices of music and still have the free version. The license is pretty cheap too.

WhiteBoots30
04-21-2008, 11:09 AM
I use Sound Forge (the Audio Studio version which costs less than £40 - not the full version which is a lot more expensive) and find it very easy to use (it must be if I can use it!).

Mrs Redboots
04-21-2008, 01:15 PM
I tried Cool Edit, which my coach swears by, but couldn't make friends with it at all. I really do like Audacity!

flo
04-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I also like goldwave. It's worked well for my needs. I've tried removing the vocals and did not have any luck as they were recorded on the same "track" or and as the instrumental. let me know if you have success. The other option is to get the karyoke tracks.