View Full Version : Figure Event in CO

coskater64
04-19-2008, 05:54 PM
We will be holding a figure event during Colorado Championships this summer, August 5th-10th, 2008. We will have 4 levels and when the announcement is done I will post a link. The figure events will be inclusive of all levels and there will be an adult free skate as well. For the figure events it is open to all skaters, judges, coaches, whoever wants to do them.

Leslie

Beccapoo2003
04-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Please keep us up to date, Gal. I am considering it.. Good to see you at AN!!!:D

pedonskates
04-21-2008, 09:50 AM
I am always looking for an excuse to visit friends in Denver.....
Perhaps I can make it a "business" trip and hang out at our regional hemophilia center as well.........
Do you think the USFS judges like cheese, crackers, and wine? Of course, the crackers in France taste way better. I'm sure they have tons of butter in them.

Brenda

Mrs Redboots
04-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Do you think the USFS judges like cheese, crackers, and wine? Of course, the crackers in France taste way better. I'm sure they have tons of butter in them.

Brenda
It is, of course, the wine that made you skate those figures so well last year..... ;)

coskater64
04-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Here is the event as I sent it to the head of the event and had the helped of a very experienced figure judge in CO it took some time, but I have followed the MC format. Thanks Barbara!!

COMPULSORY FIGURES :
This is an open event to all skaters, adult skaters, judges, coaches and technical staff.
Objective: The skater should have good flow while skating the figure, symmetry and
roundness of circle and cleanliness of edge should be attempted.

Skaters may choose foot of each figure, three tracings of each figure. Except paragraph which are two tracings on each foot.

Bronze Figures: No figure tests required, but preparatory work of several months recommended.
This category is meant to encourage skaters to try figures. All figures are from the 1st & 2nd test.
The following figures will be skated:
Name of figure
1a or b Circle Eight
5a or b Serpentine
8a or b RFO, LBI or LFO, RBI Three

Silver Figures: Competitors should have passed at least the adult silver figure or 1st figure test
and no higher than 4th figure test or ISI figure 4 or any non-US equivalent test.
All figures are from the 3rd & 4th test.
Name of figure
10a or b Change double 3’s
19a or b IO Bracket
14a or b FO loops

Gold Figures: Competitors should have passed at least the adult gold figure or 4th figure test and
no higher than the 7th test. All figures are from the 5th and 6th test.
Name of figure
24a or b One foot eight
22a or b Counter
17a or b BI Loop

Masters Figures: This event is for skaters who have passed their 8th figure test, others who have
passed their 6th test or higher may choose to join this event. All figures are from the 7th and 8th
test.
Name of figure
20a or b Rocker
35a or b Paragraph three
39a or b Paragraph loop

Open Level figure: This event is for all levels of skaters, there is no test requirement.
9a or b Three
15a or b Loop

Artistic figure: Skaters are challenged to make a creative figure of their choosing which is open to skaters of all levels.

coskater64
04-21-2008, 01:42 PM
The date will be August 5th-10th, the event also has Collegiate Nationals in it and Colorado champs, I have also sent the Adult FS information and Adult/Masters Artistic stuff as well. As soon as the announcement is posted I'll put up a link...:D

manleywoman
04-21-2008, 01:58 PM
I would love to do this, but I'll be nine months pregnant by then! Oh, well, next year . . .

Figureskates
04-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Tempted.......

mikawendy
04-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Oooh, the artistic figure event looks like fun. I won't be there, but I hope someone is able to take photographs of the tracings of the artistic figures, if that's allowed.

Isk8NYC
04-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Anyone (Bill or Figureskates maybe?) know HOW to take good photographs of figure tracings? A few guidelines would be appreciated.

coskater64
04-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Because it is open we allow any artistic figure, depending on entries we will seperate by skill level and age. Grape vine, flowers, your name, the more difficult the turns done with the best flow that make the best pattern ...wins.

coskater, leslie

Mrs Redboots
04-22-2008, 07:35 AM
I would love to do this, but I'll be nine months pregnant by then! Oh, well, next year . . .
Congratulations, Allison! I'd no idea..... do let us know how it goes, won't you?

(Anyway, you could do the figures, no doubt; it's the travel to CO that might prove iffy.....).

Isk8NYC
04-22-2008, 07:41 AM
How wonderful! My best wishes for good health for all of you.

coskater64
04-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah Allison 9 months could possibly be pushing it just a little....:D

manleywoman
04-22-2008, 10:28 AM
(Anyway, you could do the figures, no doubt; it's the travel to CO that might prove iffy.....).

Thanks! Actually, it;'s a combination of being (a) banned from flying, and (b) since about a month ago, I no longer fit into my figure boots. :oops: My freestyle boots are fine, but the figure boots are too tight now. i hope they don't stay that way after i give birth! So I had to stop doing figures for now.

Plus, frankly, it's really hard to twist properly into the turns!