View Full Version : Grand Rapids Open--who is going? (esp adults)

RachelSk8er
04-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Coming off of a BLAST at adult nationals, I want to go compete again!!

I'm pretty sure I'm doing Grand Rapids Open in June. Silver free, interp, and probably throw out a few silver solo dances (dance isn't adult-only but I might as well do it while I'm there. It'll be good practice for solo dance at ANs next year even though at ANs I'll be doing different dances).

Anyone else thinking of going? It's the weekend of June 28. Applications due May 3.

sk8er1964
04-18-2008, 09:18 AM
I am considering it. Depends on how my back behaves. I'd be in gold, though. From the announcement it looks like they don't offer interp for gold level skaters.

flying~camel
04-18-2008, 09:39 AM
I'll be there since it's my home club and in my home town! :)

I'll just be doing interp, though because my new Silver test program won't be competition-ready by then.

flying~camel
04-18-2008, 09:40 AM
I am considering it. Depends on how my back behaves. I'd be in gold, though. From the announcement it looks like they don't offer interp for gold level skaters.

In the past, they've just allowed the Gold/Masters skaters to compete in adult interp with the Silver/Bronze skaters.

AdultPairSkater
04-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Hello :)

Unfortunately, Lauren and I won't be able to attend. We have a wedding to go to...........

hers!

Cheers!

Larry

Mel On Ice
04-18-2008, 11:46 AM
I'll be there, looking stern, as I won't be skating but judging.

sk8er1964
04-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks, Mel.

SkaterBird
04-18-2008, 03:19 PM

Unfortunately, Lauren and I won't be able to attend. We have a wedding to go to...........

hers!

Cheers!

Larry

A June bride! Wish her the best from Laura and Mimi!

SkaterBird (and daughter HockeyBird)

techskater
04-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Wish Lauren the best from us all!

I already sent in my entry - Gold/Masters FS and Interp. Usually, as long as you don't try to go to National Showcase with your result from Interp, they let you skate with everyone else! :D

RachelSk8er
04-18-2008, 05:01 PM
I'll be there since it's my home club and in my home town! :)

I'll just be doing interp, though because my new Silver test program won't be competition-ready by then.

Do it anyway! I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm doing mine, it's really my bronze program from last week with 30 sec added. I doubt the silver version will become anything spectacular by June, I'm not even planning on putting in an axel yet.

In the past, they've just allowed the Gold/Masters skaters to compete in adult interp with the Silver/Bronze skaters.

That's what I assumed, which makes me happy. I had to do masters at ANs since I passed silver dances and got my bootie kicked by the champ masters free girls in my group.

flying~camel
04-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Do it anyway! I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm doing mine, it's really my bronze program from last week with 30 sec added. I doubt the silver version will become anything spectacular by June, I'm not even planning on putting in an axel yet.

I don't think we're going to start putting the program together for a bit since we're focusing on getting me through my Silver moves test next month (IF the test session doesn't get canceled!).

sk8er1964
04-18-2008, 11:08 PM

hers!

Cheers!

Larry

Larry - please give Lauren and her soon-to-be hubby my best wishes!

RachelSk8er
04-19-2008, 11:03 AM
I don't think we're going to start putting the program together for a bit since we're focusing on getting me through my Silver moves test next month (IF the test session doesn't get canceled!).

Ahh ok that makes sense then.

flying~camel
04-25-2008, 10:11 AM
FYI - We will be holding a test session at the end of the competition on April 28.

Our test chair's contact info is available on www.sk8stuff.com.

RachelSk8er
04-25-2008, 10:24 AM
FYI - We will be holding a test session at the end of the competition on April 28.

Our test chair's contact info is available on www.sk8stuff.com.

Is it going to be an adult test session (like Buckeye does), or will they have higher level judges for MIF? I won't have my coach so I won't be able to test dance, but I can probably have my jr MIF ready to go by then. Our first test session for summer here isn't until late July.

RachelSk8er
04-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Is it going to be an adult test session (like Buckeye does), or will they have higher level judges for MIF? I won't have my coach so I won't be able to test dance, but I can probably have my jr MIF ready to go by then. Our first test session for summer here isn't until late July.

Never mind, I emailed your test chair :)

Mel On Ice
04-30-2008, 02:13 PM
deadline is this week ~ a great way to have some summer fun

flying~camel
04-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Not to mention that the competition will be held at the AN 09 competition arena and would be a good opportunity to get a feel of the ice ;)

lovepairs
05-01-2008, 08:27 AM

hers!

Cheers!

Larry

Lee and I won't be going either...you know, the accident thang.