View Full Version : If you could have any skater be the highlight of a Show...who would it be?

FSWer
04-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Ok Kids!!! Here's what I want you to tell me today. If your Rink was putting on a Show,and you could have any skater from each Discipline be the Highlight. Just one. Who would it be? For me For Ladies I'd pick Kimmie. Or if unaverable....Ashley Wagner. For Men...I'm not sure. For Pairs...Jessica Dube and Bruce...Dance....Melissa Gregory and Denis...and for Synchro....The Haydenettes or if unaverable...Team Surprise. I picked 2 for Ladies and Synchro. As I know I'd use both. So with the exception of possible fav. enough for highlights...please name only one for each Discipline.

flo
04-14-2008, 09:38 PM
I've had Kimmie guest in one of our adult shows. She's a sweetie!
I'd love to have Dorothy H. There's such joy in her skating!

Mrs Redboots
04-15-2008, 07:29 AM
Men: Jeff Buttle
Women: Carolina Kostner
Pairs: That Canadian pair whose name escapes me that did so well at Worlds
Ice Dance: Towler-Green and Poole, of course! But failing them, either the Kerrs or that German team. Or the Canadian couple.

Or, and I'm quite serious here, 2loop2loop and his dance partner, who really do look lovely together on the ice!

FSWer
04-15-2008, 06:56 PM
I've had Kimmie guest in one of our adult shows. She's a sweetie!
I'd love to have Dorothy H. There's such joy in her skating!

Do you mean then....that you've actually....met Kim? What's she like?

flo
04-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi FSwer,
Yes, I know Kimmie, and have skated with her since she was a pup! She is and has always been a sweet and considerate young woman. She's great to skate with in sessions and always willing to give you a hint or compliment. She is very generous with her time at the Children's cancer center, and has always been very active in the community. Her parents are also wonderful and part of the rink family.

FSWer
04-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Hi FSwer,
Yes, I know Kimmie, and have skated with her since she was a pup! She is and has always been a sweet and considerate young woman. She's great to skate with in sessions and always willing to give you a hint or compliment. She is very generous with her time at the Children's cancer center, and has always been very active in the community. Her parents are also wonderful and part of the rink family.

That is so COOL Flo. Do you skate at the same Rink? If it's ok to ask?

flo
04-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Fswer - yes, she actually skates at a few rinks around the area. She's always been a big supporter of adult skating.

FSWer
04-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi Flo. Your filled in your PM inbox. So I'll post this here. Would you like a Kimmie fan for an e-mail pen pal? What other skaters would you want for your highlight?

flo
04-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi,
If I put on a show, I'd invite some fellow adult skaters and a few kids I've met at the rinks! And the flower girls from Lake Placid.
I've cleaned out my mail!!!

2loop2loop
04-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Or, and I'm quite serious here, 2loop2loop and his dance partner, who really do look lovely together on the ice!

Good gracious, I only just spotted this. Do you really mean that? You made me go all :oops: Any credit for anything that looks good really has to go to Diana though. It's all I can do to just keep my head up...

Mrs Redboots
04-18-2008, 11:27 AM
I do mean it, actually - you both have great "presence" out there and would look fantastic in a show. And where is your dance partner - we haven't seen her for weeks and we are missing our ISkate magazines? And her, of course!