View Full Version : What Synchronized Skating Teams did you used to be on?

FSWer
04-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Say,I know that you might not be able to say the Team your on NOW. But if it's ok to give your past Teams. I would to ask what Teams you USED to be on. I'm just wondering if there's anyone here who used to be on Teams I might reconize. BTW. am I right at saying that when you hear a Synchro. Team that starts with the word "Team" that it means a Team ran out of ideas of what to call themselves? Thanks.

Clarice
04-13-2008, 12:24 PM
I've only ever been on one synchro team, because there's only one team in my town and I haven't moved anywhere else since I've been skating. And I would think that whatever name a team has, it's because that's what they decided to be called, not necessarily because they didn't have any other ideas.

Skittl1321
04-13-2008, 12:39 PM
You wouldn't recognize the name of my synchro team. It's just a low level local team, but it sure is fun.

I don't think teams that start with "Team" ran out of ideas- that's just what they call themselves. It appears there are more than a few of them, so just like ending in -ette, it's a naming convention that is used in the synchro world.

happysk8tes
04-13-2008, 02:28 PM
I was on a very low level adult synchro team one year, our coach named us the Golden Icicles. We skated in our show to Rod Stewart singing "These Foolish Things Remind me of You."

Pat