View Full Version : What kind of coach are you?

FSWer
04-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Say,what kind of coach ore you?

Clarice
04-10-2008, 07:24 AM
I said Learn to Skate, because that's what I mostly do. Even so, I only teach classes one night a week at one rink. I have one little private student, but I don't think of myself as a freestyle coach. She's only 5, and doing Basic Skills levels. We're nowhere near putting a program together. I'm also sort of the coach for our adult synchro team, but I skate on the team, too. I'm the one who cuts the music, does the choreography (with input from the other team members), and organizes stuff.

Skittl1321
04-10-2008, 07:39 AM
I am a learn to skate coach. I have no intentions of taking private students, even at the basic skills level. Right now I am coteaching a snowplow sam class, and teaching adult 1.

SynchroSk8r114
04-10-2008, 09:16 AM
I have 7 years experience teaching LTS, singles/freestyle skaters, and ice dancers. I also occassionally help out with coaching my rink's Intermediate and Juvenile synchro teams.

Mrs Redboots
04-10-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm not. It would take too long to train - in the UK, coaching is done by professionals or not at all, and the training is a lot shorter if you have a higher level of tests than I'll ever attain!

FSWer
04-10-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm not. It would take too long to train - in the UK, coaching is done by professionals or not at all, and the training is a lot shorter if you have a higher level of tests than I'll ever attain!

Say,before we go on. Does anyone know if it's possible to teach LTS. and be a coach to famous skaters at the same time?

Clarice
04-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Sure, it's possible, but I don't personally know of any coaches who do it. Coaches for very high level skaters have to go away to competitions a lot with those skaters, and would often be out of town for the Learn to Skate classes. We don't have "famous" skaters at our rink, but we do have a Senior pairs team, and their coach also teaches in our Learn to Skate program.

Mrs Redboots
04-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Say,before we go on. Does anyone know if it's possible to teach LTS. and be a coach to famous skaters at the same time?

Certainly it is, and I know someone who does! Actually, several top-level British coaches do, now I come to think of it.

AshBugg44
04-10-2008, 04:57 PM
I teach LTS and freestyle.