View Full Version : What is the marterial % of your Skating Dress?

FSWer
04-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Say,I've always wondered what the standard merterial percentage of Skating Dresses was? Exspecailly for Synchronized Skating coustums. For eg. are Synchro. Dress %100 cotton? What is your Skating dress or coustum made of? Please include your Discipline(s)

Skate@Delaware
04-08-2008, 08:00 PM
I would say that as of lately all my dresses are 100% lycra. My pants are 90% polyester and 10% spandex.

I skate freestyle.

I don't think there are too many that skate in 100% cotton, unless it's a costume. It doesn't stretch.

techskater
04-09-2008, 09:23 AM
95% fabric, 5% stones (3.5 gross)

FSWer
04-09-2008, 06:43 PM
I would say that as of lately all my dresses are 100% lycra. My pants are 90% polyester and 10% spandex.

I skate freestyle.

I don't think there are too many that skate in 100% cotton, unless it's a costume. It doesn't stretch.

Lycra? Never heard of that one. What are Synchro coutoms made of?

montanarose
04-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Lycra? Never heard of that one.

Let me just say that, after a certain age, Lycra is a girl's best friend :bow::bow::bow:

Clarice
04-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Lycra? Never heard of that one. What are Synchro coutoms made of?

Lycra is a very stretchy fabric. Skating costumes, including synchro costumes, bathing suits, dance and gymnastics outfits, and exercise clothes are often made of lycra or of fabric that has a lot of lycra in it. Skaters, dancers, and people doing other active things can move more easily if their clothes stretch in all directions. Skating costumes might be made of lycra, stretch velvet, stretch mesh, and other similar fabrics. Sometimes non-stretchy fabrics are used for part of the costume - for instance, skirts might be made out of chiffon, which is a thin, light, floaty fabric.

blue111moon
04-10-2008, 07:19 AM
Lycra is DuPont Chemical's trademarked name for a synthetic stretchy fabric called "spandex" in the US and "elastane" elsewhere in the world.

Because it strtches so much, spandex is used in almost all athletic clothing that requires give, skating outfits included.