View Full Version : Costume ideas

black
04-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Optical illusions; wrap a spiral of ribbon around your body (obviously cut to allow movement) so that when you spin you get a corkscrew effect, similar to a cross legged spin, but up the entire body and maybe two different colours spiralling in different directions.

A combined image; for more than one skater, split a graphic so that it is only fully viewable when the skaters come together - good for dancers and synchronized since they stand side-by-side.

littleprincess
04-17-2008, 08:10 PM
oooooooooooo. that could make people dizzzzzyyy LOL 8O

sk8_4fun
04-18-2008, 04:44 AM
Optical illusions; wrap a spiral of ribbon around your body (obviously cut to allow movement) so that when you spin you get a corkscrew effect, similar to a cross legged spin, but up the entire body and maybe two different colours spiralling in different directions.

Idora Hegel (http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t253/jayaweena_bucket/imgIce09.jpg) did something similar a couple of years back and it was really effective.

black
04-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Have you ever tried drawing in the ice? - was fooling around the other day and traced a heart in the ice. Deep edge, tight three turn and very controlled symmetrical deep edge finish...

One Christmas the club drew a huge snowman in the ice; two adjacent circles of different sizes done in crossovers and then spins for the buttons and eyes.

Sometimes as a warmup I try to trace the Ying & Yang symbol on a hockey circle.

Mrs Redboots
04-19-2008, 05:47 AM
Have you ever tried drawing in the ice? - was fooling around the other day and traced a heart in the ice. Deep edge, tight three turn and very controlled symmetrical deep edge finish...
This was the kind of thing which English-style figures evolved from, I believe! Wish I had the control....