View Full Version : American Idol music as Skating music? Is it allowed?

FSWer
04-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Ok,I'm not really sure if this should go here.Or in "Off Topic". But it has just dawned on me to ask that since vogol (sorry,I know that's spelled wong) music is alowed in Competition....and since we have CDs now. Does anyone know if a CD from an American Idol contestant or even a Demo CD with songs from the loosers of the Top 10 would actually be allowed? Because I have one,and was just wondering if those kinds of music were allow? Thanks.

techskater
04-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Vocal music is NOT allowed in competition except for dance.

coskater64
04-06-2008, 06:51 PM
You can use it for artistic programs as well, once again, rule book.?

Skittl1321
04-06-2008, 07:45 PM
You could not do a freeskate to it, but you could do a spotlight/artistic program to it in a competition. Or if you were in a show, you could certainly skate to it- if it fit the theme of the show.

littlekateskate
04-07-2008, 03:07 PM
many ISI skaters use it. My dd did.

FSWer
04-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Vocal music is NOT allowed in competition except for dance.

Ok,could someone please explain why Dance is excempt from that rule? LOL,seems to me that when they do that,it's a case of the USFSA. or,ISU. not being able to make up it's mind.

Clarice
04-09-2008, 07:54 PM
I think the rule got changed for Dance because in certain styles of music there just wasn't much to choose from that didn't have singing. So they allowed music with vocals to give the skaters more things to choose from. It's bad enough that they all have to dance to the same music for the Compulsory Dances.

FSWer
04-09-2008, 08:08 PM
I think the rule got changed for Dance because in certain styles of music there just wasn't much to choose from that didn't have singing. So they allowed music with vocals to give the skaters more things to choose from. It's bad enough that they all have to dance to the same music for the Compulsory Dances.

Why not use different music for the com. Dances?

Clarice
04-09-2008, 09:40 PM
For compulsory dances, the skaters are all doing the exact same steps, and there is a specific rhythm and tempo for each dance. At competitions they use official music CDs so the judges can compare all the dancers doing the exact same thing.

Mrs Redboots
04-10-2008, 10:47 AM
It's bad enough that they all have to dance to the same music for the Compulsory Dances.
Not quite the same music, though - there are, after all, six official tunes for each dance, so they use one on the warm-up and rotate the other five. They are all the same tempo and rhythm, though, and even though the intros are a little different, one's own intro usually "does" for whatever tune you draw.

Clarice
04-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Yes, you're right - I just couldn't think of a simple way to say it!