View Full Version : Are you a Learn to Skate Skater working up or training to become a famous skater?

FSWer
04-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Ok,here's one I don't know if we've ever talked about. But how many of us LTS. Skaters here are actually working up or training to become a famouse skater someday?

kimberley801
04-06-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm in LTS and want to test and compete someday. Being 24, there's no way I'd be famous like olympic and world class skaters, but I'd like to be known someday on the adult circuit. Ice shows would be cool too.

Sessy
04-06-2008, 02:20 PM
I think I'm gonna start a betting pool on when FSW'er runs out of questions to ask. Anybody wanna in? :twisted:

Skate@Delaware
04-06-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm not in the LTS program any longer but I'm sort of famous-everyone there knows me (yeah, even the hockey dudes :roll: )!!!

coskater64
04-06-2008, 05:17 PM
I agree with Sessy how many more prying questions must we have?8O :roll:

AshBugg44
04-06-2008, 05:26 PM
I think I'm gonna start a betting pool on when FSW'er runs out of questions to ask. Anybody wanna in? :twisted:

Oh I bet there's still many more to come!

Rusty Blades
04-07-2008, 06:20 AM
I might not be any good but I am ALREADY a famous skater! 8O I have a fan club and even have groupies ;) I even have people try to follow me back to the dressing room because they want to meet me. Geez, before much longer I am going to need security :mrgreen:

isakswings
04-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Ok,here's one I don't know if we've ever talked about. But how many of us LTS. Skaters here are actually working up or training to become a famouse skater someday?

I'm in LTS, but as of right now I am just doing it for fun. Funny thing though,
I was watching some kids working on jumps and started to think... "Hmmm... that might be fun to learn!" I seriously have not planned on jumping!! As of right now, I am still not planning on jumping, but considering the thought DID cross my mind, I don't know what will happen. I am 36, so I won't be famous ever. LOL. I actually don't want to compete even in the adult circut, but who knows how far I will take the skills I might learn. If I do jump, they will be baby jumps. I have to be very careful with my back. I have a congenital condition and doing hard jumps might not be smart. I take it day by day for now. :-) I'm a long way from being able to jump, so I have time to think about this. LOL!

Ellyn
04-08-2008, 12:53 PM
There are a lot of skill levels in between learn-to-skate classes and elite competition where skaters can become famous.

Probably many posters here and most that you would see on a freestyle or dance session at a local rink would fit somewhere in those in-between levels.

littlekateskate
04-08-2008, 02:40 PM
My dd is lts. Takes privates.. Isnt even close to real competitions but does all the basic skills ones and ISI. But we hope someday she will compete on the "serious" level. But its so far away who knows.

Mrs Redboots
04-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Yet again, Dana, very few of us are at the elite levels! There's an awful long gap between the learn-to-skate classes and the elite levels, and 999,999 skaters out of 1,000,000 don't make it! Many of us are unusual in that we actually completed the learn-to-skate courses and went on to national tests, but I don't think any of us have made it to our elite national championships. Adult championships, yes, and local competitions of course, but that's as far as it goes, and as far as most of us would be comfortable with it going.

Muskoka Skater
04-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Of course I'm training to be famous!! Just look at my signature below! i love figure skating so much and want to be famous!!

flippet
04-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Yet again, Dana, very few of us are at the elite levels! There's an awful long gap between the learn-to-skate classes and the elite levels, and 999,999 skaters out of 1,000,000 don't make it! Many of us are unusual in that we actually completed the learn-to-skate courses and went on to national tests, but I don't think any of us have made it to our elite national championships. Adult championships, yes, and local competitions of course, but that's as far as it goes, and as far as most of us would be comfortable with it going.

I think maybe Dana's trying to lure out whatever 'elite' skaters we may have on this board. For instance, people like Tiffany Vise used to post here a few years ago. She hasn't posted in a really long time, though--likely just too busy! :D

Another thing too, Dana--if there are any higher-level skaters that read this board, they probably won't post. In fact, if I was the coach of a high-level skater, I'd probably *forbid* them to post. Once you reach a certain point, where you're becoming reasonably well-known even outside your home region, you really need to take a step back from putting yourself "out there" in a personal way. Your skating becomes your "job/business", in a way, and you can't take the risk of messing around personally with your "business brand name"--which is you.

Put it this way--if I were to get involved in a squabble with another poster here on the boards...if it's just little old "flippet", who cares? No one really knows me, and it will blow over soon enough. But what if I were well-known all over the US, and even the world? Then, people could see "Flippet-the-famous-skater" getting into a petty squabble, and it wouldn't make me look good at all, would it? In fact, it could make me look really bad.

Once you've achieved a certain level of fame, it's probably best to generally keep a low profile, to protect your image, and that means not messing around on the internet in any identifiable way.

Sorry.

miraclegro
04-08-2008, 08:52 PM
I wanna be famous at the Senior Olympics - i figure i'm 47 years old and have another 30+ years to be ready and .....FAMOUS! hahahahahaha

I only care about my personal goals, passing adult gold level! if you're in it to be famous, you're in it for the wrong reasons~!

sue123
04-08-2008, 09:57 PM
I wanna be famous at the Senior Olympics - i figure i'm 47 years old and have another 30+ years to be ready and .....FAMOUS! hahahahahaha

I only care about my personal goals, passing adult gold level! if you're in it to be famous, you're in it for the wrong reasons~!

Why stop at the Senior Olympics? I've heard of Centenarian Olympics! You have to be at least 100 to enter, though. I plan on entering the Centenarian Olympics in the year 2085. Hopefully, we'll all still be here for that 8O