View Full Version : Help !!!!

axelandra14
04-02-2008, 01:26 PM
hii! :) I have a skating competition this weekend, and I have NO idea what I should do with my hair. In the past I've always done a very plain pony or a bun, and how boring is that??! so I was hoping you could help me with some ideas for a new hair style!

My song is "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson, it's an artistic number, and my dress is black and hot pink. :P

PLEASE!!! help me!

Mrs Redboots
04-02-2008, 02:29 PM
If I were you I'd stick with your bun. Yes, I know it's boring, but you don't want to have your hair falling all over the place and being untidy! But that doesn't mean it has to be plain.... there is hair glitter; there is coloured streaks, there is spray-in/wash-out hair colour..... I should keep your hair tidy, but go a bit crazy with the sprays. How about pink hair glitter?

patatty
04-02-2008, 04:40 PM
I always have hair problems for competitions, since I have a chin-length bob, which can't easily be put up in a pony or bun, and cant be worn down either, because it gets in my face. One thing I did once that I really liked, and may go well with your music, is to take very small bunches of hair directly from the front and put each into a tiny elastic, so that the free end of the hair is aimed back and down. You end up with 6-8 of these ringing your face. You could use color-coordinated bands to highlight it too. It keeps the hair completely away from your face, and yet still give the look of having your hair be "down". For more "serious" music, I usually just gather the whole front section of my hair into a big flat clip at the back of my head and plaster on a lot of hair gel and spray.

sk8tmum
04-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Rhinestones or hair ornaments. Check a dance store; you can get rhinestone studded hair picks to fancy up a bun, or, larger ornaments that can be safely secured into the hair, often with a hairpin type end.

Similarly, you could pick up some coloured fancy scrunchy type-things that dancers use to dress up their hair on the stage; flirty pink feathers (securely attached of course) could be wrapped around or tucked into a bun, or around the top of a pony.

The hair ornaments can come in multi coloured stones as well, on occasion.

Skate@Delaware
04-02-2008, 05:16 PM
go to wally world and look around in the little girl department for the little hair accessories...the little hair ponytail things (unless they moved them BACK to the hair department). They come in different colors and you can put them around your bun. Like this by scunci:

http://www.scunci.com/images/products/productimages/184_l.jpg

phoenix
04-02-2008, 06:00 PM
I like the thing skateatdelaware found for you. I was going to say, your music is more suited for a ponytail than a bun--more fun/flirty. A bun is kind of subdued/serious/classical.

SynchroSk8r114
04-02-2008, 06:12 PM
In addition to the glitter, rhinestones, etc. that others have mentioned, I saw a synchro team that had glitter tattoos in the hair. Basically, a shape made out of some type of glittery colored (spray, I'd assume). It looked really cool without being too overwhelming. Of course, then you'd have the problem of trying to figure out what design to do...

I agree that the scrunchie Skate@Delaware suggested could work well with a nice, sleek, high ponytail.

Luckster013
04-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Buns don't always have to be boring. If you go look in some hairstyling magazines or even pictures of celebrities on the internet you can usually get some easy ideas for how to make them look really pretty.

skatingdoris
04-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Have you thought about platting your hair? I always put my one side of my hair up in a french plat/braid and pull the ends into a small bun when I skate because it is the only thing that keeps the remnants of my fringe from falling in my face all the time (they even escape from under a head band!) so I did the same thing when I competed, only neater and dressed it up a bit.

If you want to see the pictures to get a better idea of what I’m talking about then let me know and I’ll direct you to them, although there not the easiest for making out my hair!