View Full Version : SkateUK - Testing

onlyhappyonice
04-02-2008, 02:55 AM
Well last night was week 8 of my 9 weeks with skate UK and we were given a preliminary test to see what grade we should be tested at next week :)

So started from the very beginning, we had to fall and get up again, all the way through to three turns, so without much effort I've completed grade 5 but I need to remember to keep my head up and arms out.

I should manage a grade 6 I just need to get my FLO three turn consistent as my left is my weaker leg so I spent alot of time last night on my outside three turns and they seemed to be getting better.

I may just be able to scrape a grade 7 if my feet obey me properly next tuesday and the only practice I will have between now and then will be on saturday morning for an hour and a half

Mrs Redboots
04-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Excellent! Keep up the good work and you'll be working on your passport before you know where you are! And then the world - at least, the world of NISA tests and early-morning nerves and judges stuck in traffic - is your oyster!

karliey
04-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Congrats! I've been skating for 8 months and I still haven't passed 7. And good luck for test week.